Windows 10: Windows Pro activation problem. Valid key, but showing un-activated Enterprise edition.

Discus and support Windows Pro activation problem. Valid key, but showing un-activated Enterprise edition. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I bought a new computer which came with Windows 10 Home. I then paid full price from a major retailer for a Windows 10 Pro upgrade key.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by DFH2039, Sep 23, 2020.

1. DFH2039 Win User

Windows Pro activation problem. Valid key, but showing un-activated Enterprise edition.

Hi,

I bought a new computer which came with Windows 10 Home. I then paid full price from a major retailer for a Windows 10 Pro upgrade key.

Everything went fine and the key was accepted. However it's now saying I'm using Windows 10 Enterprise and it's not activated. Under the error message its showing 0x8007007B. When I try to troubleshoot anything it just says to contact my administrator, but it's a home computer.

I'm not sure if it's relevant, but I had recently logged into my work account for OneDrive and Outlook in order to work from home. I'm wondering if some corporate IT policy might be affecting this?

Thanks for any help

:)

DFH2039, Sep 23, 2020
  2. FX-GMC Win User

Windows 8.1 pro + WMC key activation

This worked for me last time with a Win 8 key.

Install Windows 8.1 and enter KMS key during setup. Once in windows change product key to my Windows 8 key. Go to add features and enter my WMC add-on key. Drink a beer to a job well done.

FX-GMC, Sep 23, 2020
  3. tigger Win User

I was considering buying a WMC pro add on for my windows 8.1 pro install, but have googled and found some people had trouble activating it. Has anyone on here got any experience with this.

As to my install, I have a real Windows 8 pro key. So I installed windows 8 pro using a MSDN retail .iso which was activated soon as it finished installing , then I updated to .1 pro.

When you buy the WMC add on, it changes your key, I have read some people have had trouble activating it, now mine activates from windows, I hate doing the phone activation crap, so I don't want to have to do that after the WMC add on finishes installing.

The question is, what happens to my windows 8 pro key, is it still usable? and how would i go about if I had to reinstall? would it have to be-

Install win 8 pro-update to 8.1-install WMC add on, or could i use a windows 8.1 pro with WMC disc?

Thanks guys

Tigger

tigger, Sep 23, 2020
  4. tigger Win User

Windows Pro activation problem. Valid key, but showing un-activated Enterprise edition.

So it will be fine installing 8.1 pro with a KMS key, then switch to my 8 pro key and it will activate ok?

Maybe a daft question but why can't you just install 8.1 pro with the 8 pro key, or is it different keys for 8 and 8.1? seems silly when 8.1 is a free update anyway.

tigger, Sep 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Pro activation problem. Valid key, but showing un-activated Enterprise edition. - Similar Threads - Pro activation problem

2. Activation of Windows 10 Enterprise edition

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation of Windows 10 Enterprise edition: I'm getting Error code 0xc004c003 in Windows 10 on our newly purchased Dell latitude 5420. We have an enterprise windows license for all of our laptops worldwide.I have tried the below solution to resolve the issue but the windows activation notification returns after a...
  3. Activation of Windows 10 Enterprise edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation of Windows 10 Enterprise edition: I'm getting Error code 0xc004c003 in Windows 10 on our newly purchased Dell latitude 5420. We have an enterprise windows license for all of our laptops worldwide.I have tried the below solution to resolve the issue but the windows activation notification returns after a...
  4. Activation of Windows 10 Enterprise edition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. windows 10 enterprise activation key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows 10 enterprise activation key: where can i get one? cheap? submitted by /u/eeezyynuuu [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k4bh95/windows_10_enterprise_activation_key/
  6. Bought a Win 10 Pro activation key, 2 days later showing Enterprise, and not activated

Bought a Win 10 Pro activation key, 2 days later showing Enterprise, and not activated: I have a computer that came with Windows 10 Home. I purchased Pro activation key and was able to activate it fine. Now a few days later it's showing my edition is "Windows 10 Enterprise" and it's not activated. I've searched everywhere but it won't let me re-enter an...
  7. Windows 10 pro key activated as enterprise?

Windows 10 pro key activated as enterprise?: Hello. A few days ago I brought a new SSD & decided to make the switch from Windows 8.1 (Which I had been using on my old HDD) to a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro. I used the media creation tool to create a bootable USB drive & installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 Pro....
  8. Installed Win10 Home, activated successfully but needed Pro. Can't activate with valid Pro key

Installed Win10 Home, activated successfully but needed Pro. Can't activate with valid Pro key: I just wiped my Ubuntu system, as I was having issues and decided to install Win10 Home. I bought a valid key on ebay and it activated just fine. I thought it would be fine as a Plex Media Server, but I can't RDP to a Win10 Home system from my Pro system, so I bought a Pro...
  9. Windows 10 Enterprise Edition Activation Watermark

Windows 10 Enterprise Edition Activation Watermark: Hi, I've activated my W10 Enterprise Edition but the watermark at the bottom right corner of my desktop won't go away and the remaining days counter keeps going down. How do I fix that? Thanks...
  10. Windows is not activated with valid product key

Windows is not activated with valid product key: I bought this license and activated this Windows like 1 or 2 years ago, and it's a valid key, I had my Windows Activated and everything works perfectly until today when I saw a watermark at to bottom corner asking me to Activate Windows. I tried to reenter my product key...