Windows 10: Windows Pro License for Local machine, if already installed on Remote Desktop

Discus and support Windows Pro License for Local machine, if already installed on Remote Desktop in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, Sorry if this has been answered somewhere before, but I can't find the information I need. My company uses Citrix Remote Desktop for all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by C PG, Oct 17, 2019.

1. C PG Win User

Windows Pro License for Local machine, if already installed on Remote Desktop

Hi,

Sorry if this has been answered somewhere before, but I can't find the information I need.

My company uses Citrix Remote Desktop for all employee's, for each user we own a Pro License for Windows and have a business 365 account for Microsoft Office, for use in Citrix.

My question is, can employee's have a laptop with a home licence - with no Microsoft Office software on the local, only the Citrix application for work? Do I have to buy a second Pro licence for the laptop's local OS or is the one on the remote desktop, where the business work is actually done, enough?

Any advice would be great thanks.

PG

:)

2. Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Oct 17, 2019
  3. Windows 7 license question

Hi. Is it possible to take a Windows 7 Pro license that's currently installed on a Dell laptop and move that to a Dell desktop and take the Windows 7 Home license from the Dell desktop and install that on the laptop? I would just be switching the licenses from one to another. I get conflicting answers. The desktop would have a new hard drive installed on it and more RAM. I would be doing a fresh install on BOTH machines using a legitimate bloat free Windows disk. Thanks!

BlackHawk1, Oct 17, 2019
  4. Windows Pro License for Local machine, if already installed on Remote Desktop

Windows 10 - Remote Desktop

Hi,

We will surely assist you with the issue you are facing with Windows 10.
    - Which version of Windows 10 Operating System are you using?

- Were you able to upgrade to Windows 10 successfully?

I suggest you to refer the below steps and see if this helps.

• Enable remote desktop in settings
      • Control Panel\System and Security\System, Click "Remote Settings" on the left side

• Verify my port forwarding settings were properly forwarding to my computers local IP address
      • run "cmd.exe" and then type "ipconfig". Find your IP from that list
    [*]
    • Make sure your firewall settings are open
    • Go to "Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Firewall\Allowed apps"
    • On the left, click "Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall"
    • Click "Change Settings"
    • Find "Remote Desktop" in the list and make sure both "Private" and "Public" is checked.

Let us know if this helps.

Thank you.

Credits to : Jace_Sango.

Akheel Ahmed, Oct 17, 2019
Thema:

Windows Pro License for Local machine, if already installed on Remote Desktop

1. Windows Pro License for Local machine, if already installed on Remote Desktop - Similar Threads - Pro License Local

2. Remote Desktop License Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop License Issue: New server farm running Citrix 1912 LTSR 1 storefront, 4 delivery controllers all running Windows 2019. MS Remote desktop licensing also on Svr 2019, per device CALs. All in an active directory domain configured with GPOs.When initially configured, there are no problems and...
  3. Remote Desktop License Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop License Issue: New server farm running Citrix 1912 LTSR 1 storefront, 4 delivery controllers all running Windows 2019. MS Remote desktop licensing also on Svr 2019, per device CALs. All in an active directory domain configured with GPOs.When initially configured, there are no problems and...
  4. Remote Desktop License issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop License issue: we have setup a terminal server join domain and installed a RDP per user CALS license. Currently we are having an issue that local user created in same terminal server having a remote desktop license issue when RDP to the terminal server. Is it we cant share the RDP license...
  5. Remote Desktop License issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop License issue: we have setup a terminal server join domain and installed a RDP per user CALS license. Currently we are having an issue that local user created in same terminal server having a remote desktop license issue when RDP to the terminal server. Is it we cant share the RDP license...
  6. Remote desktop Licensing

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Remote desktop Licensing: Good day, I need to get licensing to allow multiple users to connect to my local server simultaneously, i have tried contacting Microsoft support i had no luck can anyone assist if you have purchased a RDP license before, Thank you. Kind regards Sibusiso...
  7. Logging on to local Windows 10 machine after remote desktop session

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Logging on to local Windows 10 machine after remote desktop session: Hello, I have a rather strange issue. I have a windows 10 Pro machine where I have remote desktop enabled. I have been connecting to this machine from my other computers on the same network without any issues. I can also log into the computer locally as long as my remote...
  8. Move retail Win10 Pro license onto a different already activated machine

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Move retail Win10 Pro license onto a different already activated machine: I have 2 machines each running Windows 10, an old laptop and a new desktop. Both are activated with digital licenses linked to my Microsoft account. The desktop has an OEM Windows installation of Win10 Home, the laptop has a retail copy of Win10 Pro determined using slmgr dli...
  9. Unable to use clipboard function from Remote Desktop to Local Machine

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to use clipboard function from Remote Desktop to Local Machine: Hi Support, I have been able to use the clipboard (copy and paste) previously from the Remote Desktop to my local machine without issue. However, suddenly the function is not working for the past few days. It grayed out when I tried to paste the item from Remote to local...
  10. RDP: 10 Local Machine - XP Remote Machine Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    RDP: 10 Local Machine - XP Remote Machine Problem: I can copy and paste only text and screenshots. 78047