Windows 10: Windows Pro product key

Discus and support Windows Pro product key in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I need the "Key" for when I upgraded from Home to Pro. I have the receipt you emailed when I purchased the upgrade from Home to Pro, and the Geek... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AdrianaKajon, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Windows Pro product key

Hi, I need the "Key" for when I upgraded from Home to Pro. I have the receipt you emailed when I purchased the upgrade from Home to Pro, and the Geek Squad technician who was here today, Eric, says that you also have in your records the two upgrades one for tower, one for this laptop. HOWEVER, the upgrade tried to go from Home to Enterprise! And no activation Key was in the receipt, nor is it in the Details when he looked at my transactions record with Microsoft! Can you please give me the Key so I can enter it. I only want Pro, not Enterprise. I don't know why Enterprise is even in the picture. Thank you.

:)

AdrianaKajon, Sep 14, 2020

2. Windows pro product key re-usability

This is an informative question regarding the policies of windows. I have an existing Microsoft Windows Pro software installed on one of my devices, I wanted to know if there is a way using which I can use that product key on my another device which has
    Windows home installed in it, to upgrade it to Pro. If the policy requires the earlier existing system(with windows pro) to be abandoned or removed in order to allow the product key of pro to be used in a new system, that too works for me.

Please help me by suggesting me steps to take.

Thank you

ANSHAGRAWAL1, Sep 14, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Why was I not asked for a product key when upgrading to Win 10?

According to your spec you have Win 10 Pro, but perhaps that doesn't reflect your PC.

You haven't stated which edition of Win 10 you have on this machine, nor what your Win 10 key is for.

For example, if you already have Win 10 Pro and your key is Win 10 Home, that would be a retrograde step.

For interest only:
    Change Product Key in Windows 10

More on product key if you search this list or look at 'Related Tutorials' in the above.
    Windows 10 Tutorial Index

dalchina, Sep 14, 2020
  4. Windows Pro product key

Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

Download Windows 10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 14, 2020
Thema:

Windows Pro product key

1. Windows Pro product key - Similar Threads - Pro product key

2. Product key for Windows 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Product key for Windows 11 Pro: I bought a computer from a school district that already has Windows 11 Pro installed but it is not activated. Can I just purchase a product key for it? I don't need the software, just the license/product key....
  3. Purchase Windows Pro Product Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Purchase Windows Pro Product Key: Hi all, I am trying to purchase multiple Windows Pro Licenses so I can upgrade a few laptops for work. As we use company emails and not personal outlook emails we can't purchase it through the Microsoft store.All I want to do is purchase a Windows Pro License product key on...
  4. Windows 11 pro product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 pro product key: I just bought a pc from someone online. Went into settings and it isn’t activated. Says I need product key so how do I go about it . I don’t really want to have to buy a new operating system...
  5. Windows 11 pro product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 pro product key: I just bought a pc from someone online. Went into settings and it isn’t activated. Says I need product key so how do I go about it . I don’t really want to have to buy a new operating system...
  6. Windows 10 pro product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 pro product key: Windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-product-key/df150d2f-f6d6-4b81-8e4e-0b47ca6d35fe
  7. Windows 10 pro product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 pro product key: Windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-product-key/df150d2f-f6d6-4b81-8e4e-0b47ca6d35fe
  8. Windows 10 Pro product key

Windows 10 Pro product key: I am going to have to re-install Windows 10. I tried to install VMware Workstation and it has hosed up the works. I tried to restore from several restore points, they all fail. I have tried to start Windows in Safe mode, that doesn't work either.I do not have my product key....
  9. product key for windows 10 pro

product key for windows 10 pro: hi when i want add my product key to my windows activation key i get this error[ATTACH] and when i do all way that said in fix error this problem is there of course my windows activate at first but dont show key and if i restart my laptop i get the message that say...
  10. Windows 10 Pro Product Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro Product Key: How can I determine if a Windows 10 Pro product key is in use? My laptop has an oem installation of Windows 7 Professional. During the free upgrade period, I upgraded from Win7 to Windows 10 to obtain a digital license, and then reverted back to Windows 7. Subsequently, I...