Windows 10: Windows Pro reverts back to Home after Factory Reset, Upgrade to Windows 11 shows watermark

Discus and support Windows Pro reverts back to Home after Factory Reset, Upgrade to Windows 11 shows watermark in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey,I have some machines that were initially Windows Home licenced but were upgraded to Pro later down the line.I'm having this issue where when a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AaronUD, Jun 16, 2022.

1. AaronUD Win User

Windows Pro reverts back to Home after Factory Reset, Upgrade to Windows 11 shows watermark

Hey,I have some machines that were initially Windows Home licenced but were upgraded to Pro later down the line.I'm having this issue where when a laptop is factory reset, the licence reverts back to the Home version. Then, if these devices get upgraded to Windows 11, the activation watermark appears.I'm trying to figure out why this happens, and what to do to fix it.

:)

AaronUD, Jun 16, 2022
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jun 16, 2022
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Jun 16, 2022
  4. Windows Pro reverts back to Home after Factory Reset, Upgrade to Windows 11 shows watermark

Factory Reset for Surface Pro 3

My first post, so be gentle!
    Just got an oldish Surface Pro 3 and I would like to do a 'factory reset'

I'm trying to add an attachment

Windows Pro reverts back to Home after Factory Reset, Upgrade to Windows 11 shows watermark [​IMG]

If I have uploaded the disk management image correctly, there seem to be more partitions than I was expecting!
    Would anyone like to suggest what the previous owner(s) have done?
    Also where (which partition) , and how would I go about a factory reset.

Please let me know if this post is in the wrong area and if I've broken any rules or conventions.
    Cheers
    Jack

jackbee1947, Jun 16, 2022
Thema:

Windows Pro reverts back to Home after Factory Reset, Upgrade to Windows 11 shows watermark

1. Windows Pro reverts back to Home after Factory Reset, Upgrade to Windows 11 shows watermark - Similar Threads - Pro reverts Home

2. How to revert back to Windows 11 Home?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to revert back to Windows 11 Home?: I got a random Windows key and upon activating it, my Windows 11 Home upgraded to Windows 11 Education. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-revert-back-to-windows-11-home/3d4c02d7-a5db-41ae-967b-1993ff885068
  3. How to revert back to Windows 11 Home?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to revert back to Windows 11 Home?: I got a random Windows key and upon activating it, my Windows 11 Home upgraded to Windows 11 Education. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-revert-back-to-windows-11-home/3d4c02d7-a5db-41ae-967b-1993ff885068
  4. Windows 11 Pro reverted back to Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro reverted back to Home: I have a computer that came with Windows 11 Home. It was upgraded by going to the Microsoft store and purchasing the license. The computer worked fine and was joined to the domain. Someone deleted the user account that was used to purchase the license and now the computer has...
  5. Windows 11 Pro reverted back to Home

Windows 11 Pro reverted back to Home: I have a computer that came with Windows 11 Home. It was upgraded by going to the Microsoft store and purchasing the license. The computer worked fine and was joined to the domain. Someone deleted the user account that was used to purchase the license and now the computer has...
  6. Windows 11 reverted back to s mode after reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 reverted back to s mode after reset: Hello, my computer has somehow reverted back to s mode after a reset. I'm using windows 11. I've tried using some of the command suggestions, windows keeps blocking them saying that needs to be installed. Windows store is not installed either. Software version states s mode....
  7. Windows 11 reverted back to s mode after reset

Windows 11 reverted back to s mode after reset: Hello, my computer has somehow reverted back to s mode after a reset. I'm using windows 11. I've tried using some of the command suggestions, windows keeps blocking them saying that needs to be installed. Windows store is not installed either. Software version states s mode....
  8. Windows Pro reverts back to Home after Factory Reset, Upgrade to Windows 11 shows watermark

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Pro reverts back to Home after Factory Reset, Upgrade to Windows 11 shows watermark: Hey,I have some machines that were initially Windows Home licenced but were upgraded to Pro later down the line.I'm having this issue where when a laptop is factory reset, the licence reverts back to the Home version. Then, if these devices get upgraded to Windows 11, the...
  9. Factory reset system without reverting back to windows 7

in Windows 10 Customization
    Factory reset system without reverting back to windows 7: I upgraded my PC from windows 7 to Windows 10 and i want to factory reset my system ,I want to know a way through which my windows 10 don't revert back to windows 7 and my data except the system files is deleted .Here are some option which i've selected and i'm not sure if...
  10. Factory Reset on Laptop After Window 10 Pro Upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Factory Reset on Laptop After Window 10 Pro Upgrade: Hello, I recently purchased a new HP laptop with Windows 10 Home installed on it. I upgraded it to Windows 10 Pro shortly after purchasing it because I wanted to encrypt my hard drive with Bitlocker. However, shortly after upgrading I began having a problem where the default...