Windows 10: Windows Pro Upgrade cannot activate

Discus and support Windows Pro Upgrade cannot activate in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I originally bought Windows 10 Home from the Microsoft website. Today I bought the upgrade for Windows 10 Pro via the Activation setting. After the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by PaulMartin88, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Windows Pro Upgrade cannot activate

I originally bought Windows 10 Home from the Microsoft website. Today I bought the upgrade for Windows 10 Pro via the Activation setting.

After the restart I went to the Activation setting to make sure all was ok. However, it now says I have the Windows Enterprise Edition and that Windows is not activated because it could not find a product key on my device.

Windows 10 Home was properly activated before the upgrade. I tried using the Home product key to activate but it was not accepted. The receipt from Microsoft for the Pro upgrade did not include a product key.

So I don't know how to activate now and not sure why I have the Enterprise Edition instead of Pro. Any help is appreciated.

:)

PaulMartin88, Sep 5, 2019

2. Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

Download Windows 10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 5, 2019
  3. Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro

This is what I used

"

Follow these steps to upgrade from Windows 10 Home if you have a Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 7 Professional, Windows 8 Pro, Windows 8 Pro Pack, Windows 8.1 Pro, or Windows 8.1 Pro Pack product key:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings >
      Update & security
      > Activation.
    • Select Change product key, and then enter this 25-character default product key:

VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T

Important

This default product key will upgrade your device to Windows 10 Pro, but won't activate it.

• Select Next to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro.
    • After your device is upgraded to Windows 10 Pro, you'll need to activate Windows. Select the Start button, then select
      Settings > Update & security > Activation.
    • Select Change product key, and then enter your 25-character Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 7 Professional, Windows 8 Pro, Windows 8 Pro Pack, Windows 8.1 Pro, or Windows 8.1 Pro Pack product key.
    • Select Next to activate Windows 10 Pro.
    "

GrahameBarclay, Sep 5, 2019
  4. Windows Pro Upgrade cannot activate

Cant get Win 10 to upgrade to Pro after HD failure

Hi Christopher,

You can upgrade your Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro by using Windows 10 Pro digital license or product key. For us to isolate the issue, we would like to ask the following questions:

• Did your device came with Windows 8 pre-installed?
    • What is the make and model of your Windows device?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps given on this article to

upgrade your Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro

In case that you'll experience an activation issue, we recommend that you follow the steps on this article:

Using the Activation troubleshooter
    . Choose the method that fits to your situation.

We will look forward for your response.

Janeane Cru, Sep 5, 2019
Thema:

Windows Pro Upgrade cannot activate

1. Windows Pro Upgrade cannot activate - Similar Threads - Pro Upgrade cannot

2. Activation Windows, Cannot activate windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation Windows, Cannot activate windows 10 pro: Activation Windows, Cannot activate windows 10 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activation-windows-cannot-activate-windows-10-pro/dd319a36-b696-45b8-9b89-6ec126ff7bb5
  3. Activation Windows, Cannot activate windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation Windows, Cannot activate windows 10 pro: Activation Windows, Cannot activate windows 10 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activation-windows-cannot-activate-windows-10-pro/dd319a36-b696-45b8-9b89-6ec126ff7bb5
  4. Activation Windows, Cannot activate windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Pro upgrade failed and now I cannot activate Windows.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro upgrade failed and now I cannot activate Windows.: Went through the process of upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Pro. The PC connected me to the Microsoft Store where I purchased the upgrade, and attempted to install. However, the upgrade failed. After a reboot, the computer now shows that it is Windows 10 Enterprise, but it...
  6. windows 10 pro upgrade activation

windows 10 pro upgrade activation: I purchased an account bound license for windows 10 home a few years ago. Today I purchased the upgrade for windows 10 pro. Initially the upgrade would not install through the microsoft store. So I restarted my computer. After the restart this is what I see in my...
  7. Cannot Activate upgrade to Windows 10 Pro

Cannot Activate upgrade to Windows 10 Pro: I purchased an upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro from the Microsoft Store on my computer. I was charged for the order but no Product Key came with the order, which seemed odd. I can see the paid receipt in my order history, but cannot activate Windows. It keeps...
  8. Cannot activate Windows 10 pro upgrade purchased from Windows Store

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot activate Windows 10 pro upgrade purchased from Windows Store: Ipurchased Windows 10 pro installed as Enterpriseupgrade upgraded from Win 10 home from Microsoft Store on 1/6/21. Downloaded and installed with no problem. Supposed to be a digital activation, but that did not occur. Now I get daily reminders to activate before I can...
  9. Windows 10 upgrade to Pro not activating

Windows 10 upgrade to Pro not activating: We have 2 computers that had windows 10 home edition with an active license. We updated them to Windows 10 Pro so that we can put them on a domain. These were purchased from Dell so they were not preowned. With the new Windows 10 Pro installed windows wont activate and...
  10. Windows 10 Pro Upgrade - Cannot activate

Windows 10 Pro Upgrade - Cannot activate: Hi, I purchased window 10 pro on the Microsoft store for one of the laptops in our small business. The installation ran fine but I was unable to activate despite troubleshooting / following online guides etc. When I checked the windows version it is representing as windows...