Windows 10: Windows Pro Upgrade problems leading to Windows 10 Activation issues

Discus and support Windows Pro Upgrade problems leading to Windows 10 Activation issues in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I purchased a Windows Pro upgrade, but the upgrade failed to install. I just kept getting a 'retry' link. In trying to get my Window Pro upgrade to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by NormanPartnership, Dec 29, 2020.

1. Windows Pro Upgrade problems leading to Windows 10 Activation issues

I purchased a Windows Pro upgrade, but the upgrade failed to install. I just kept getting a 'retry' link. In trying to get my Window Pro upgrade to work I somehow thought it would be a good idea to change my product key to an upgrade product key that I found online. Obviously this did not work, and now my original Windows 10 upgrade is asking my to activate with a valid product key. I'm fairly sure I have a digital license as I upgraded to Windows 10 in 2016, I don't have an email with a product key in it.

How can I get my copy of Windows 10 to realise it is a valid copy, and then, what is preventing my Windows Pro upgrade from installing.

Finally, if I cannot get Windows Pro to work, how to I get a refund for my purchase?

:)

NormanPartnership, Dec 29, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Dec 29, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Dec 29, 2020
  4. Laurijan Win User

Windows Pro Upgrade problems leading to Windows 10 Activation issues

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

I bought Windows 7 Pro OEM key from G2Play.net for 12€ to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro - worked like a charm but be advised if you buy a OEM key you can not download the Win 7 iso from microsoft and have to get it elsewhere.

Laurijan, Dec 29, 2020
Thema:

Windows Pro Upgrade problems leading to Windows 10 Activation issues

1. Windows Pro Upgrade problems leading to Windows 10 Activation issues - Similar Threads - Pro Upgrade problems

2. windows 10 pro upgrade issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 pro upgrade issues: can not upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro i tried to enter the VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3VGGT but im getting error code 0x8004123, i tried to not connect to internet as well for the said key same error. Also my cursor is stuck on the upper right most of my screen,...
  3. windows 10 pro upgrade issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 pro upgrade issues: can not upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro i tried to enter the VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3VGGT but im getting error code 0x8004123, i tried to not connect to internet as well for the said key same error. Also my cursor is stuck on the upper right most of my screen,...
  4. Windows 10 Pro Activation/Upgrade issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro Activation/Upgrade issue: In Jun 2021, I purchased new Lenovo laptop with pre-installed Windows. Next day, I purchased Windows 10 Pro upgrade from Microsoft store.Recently I have formatted my laptop. I have activated Windows 10 Home by getting product key by running PowerShell. How can i upgrade to...
  5. Windows 10 Pro Activation/Upgrade issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Pro Activation/Upgrade issue: In Jun 2021, I purchased new Lenovo laptop with pre-installed Windows. Next day, I purchased Windows 10 Pro upgrade from Microsoft store.Recently I have formatted my laptop. I have activated Windows 10 Home by getting product key by running PowerShell. How can i upgrade to...
  6. Windows 10 Pro Activation/Upgrade issue

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  7. Windows 10 Home upgrade to Windows 10 Pro Issues with Activation

Windows 10 Home upgrade to Windows 10 Pro Issues with Activation: Just purchased Windows 10 Pro upgrade for $109.31 through the Microsoft Store- upgrade produced an odd error 0xC004C003, disallowing activation- Troubleshoot states I have incorrect digital license or suggests I may have upgraded H/W. Other odd issue is that it show Edition...
  8. windows 10 pro upgrade activation

windows 10 pro upgrade activation: I purchased an account bound license for windows 10 home a few years ago. Today I purchased the upgrade for windows 10 pro. Initially the upgrade would not install through the microsoft store. So I restarted my computer. After the restart this is what I see in my...
  9. Windows 10 boot problem leads to key issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 boot problem leads to key issues: I recently upgraded my gaming PC, getting a new case, motherboard and SSD, and tried using my hard drive from my previous computer with windows already on it. However, when I tried to boot up windows it wouldn't recognise the drive as a place to boot windows from, so I had to...
  10. Windows 10 upgrade to Pro not activating

Windows 10 upgrade to Pro not activating: We have 2 computers that had windows 10 home edition with an active license. We updated them to Windows 10 Pro so that we can put them on a domain. These were purchased from Dell so they were not preowned. With the new Windows 10 Pro installed windows wont activate and...