Windows 10: (Windows Pro version 1903, build 18362.836) Problems with external USB/SD Card

Discus and support (Windows Pro version 1903, build 18362.836) Problems with external USB/SD Card in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have been running into a very strange problem with my laptop recently. It happens every time I want to work with an USB stick or a SD Card plug in.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MinhBN99, Jun 2, 2020.

1. (Windows Pro version 1903, build 18362.836) Problems with external USB/SD Card

I have been running into a very strange problem with my laptop recently. It happens every time I want to work with an USB stick or a SD Card plug in. The first time I inserted the USB to the laptop, regardless of port, it works fine as usual, however when I try to plug in another SD card or USB stick, nothing happens. I still could hear the sound confirming that another USB has been plugged in, but that's just it, nothing else happens. Even worse, when I remove the currently working USB and plug it in again, it goes the same as the other sticks. The only way I can make the sticks works again is to restart my laptop, but even then, only 1 stick works, others just behave like what I mentioned above. Everything used to work fine until the latest windows update I believe. My laptop can still recognize mouses, keyboards and controller, the problem only happens with the USB sticks and SD cards.

My current laptop is an Acer VX-15. If you know anything about this please let me know asap, if you need any other information related to the problem I will try my best to provide. Thank you in advance.

submitted by /u/MinhBN99
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MinhBN99, Jun 2, 2020
  2. DavidY Win User

Microsoft blocks Windows 10 May 2019 Update with USB device or SD card

Looks like this may be addressed by this Cumulative Update?
    Cumulative Update KB4497935 Windows 10 v1903 build 18362.145 - May 29
    So I guess I'll need to use "DISM /Add-Package" to add this update into the WIM from a 1903 ISO (?)
    (And I guess the SSU update which has also been issued today.)

DavidY, Jun 2, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Microsoft blocks Windows 10 May 2019 Update with USB device or SD card

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...nsider-preview

Brink, Jun 2, 2020
  4. (Windows Pro version 1903, build 18362.836) Problems with external USB/SD Card

Booting Windows 10 on MacBook Pro via SD Card

I have a late 2012 MacBook Pro and I've always had this problem with storage. Sure, 128 GB is definitely enough, but having a Windows 10 partition at the same time completely reduces the amount of storage required for normal day to day usage for me. I found a solution where I would have an external MicroSD card with an adapter that fits in flush within the SD card slot so that it's portable as if it was never there. Although I'm aware that an SD card would slow things down, I still would like to boot Windows off of the 128 GB MicroSD card. After searching around the internet for a while, I still haven't found a way to do it. Here is what I have so far:

• A Windows 10 ISO image
    • A working VM of Windows 10 (will be deleted later)
    • Using a program called WintoUSB, the entire VM to my SD card
    • A .dmg file of the SD card contents

The SD card I have does contain the full suite of the required Windows drivers. I haven't tried because I haven't been able to yet, but from the given information, all I need to know at the moment is how to boot from the SD card. If it is required, I am OK with reinstalling any software or doing any steps over again.

Joshua Liu, Jun 2, 2020
Thema:

(Windows Pro version 1903, build 18362.836) Problems with external USB/SD Card

1. (Windows Pro version 1903, build 18362.836) Problems with external USB/SD Card - Similar Threads - Pro version 1903

2. External Drive USB SD Card Reader Not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Drive USB SD Card Reader Not working: I was merging files together on my SD card, and suddenly the drive stopped letting me interact with it in my file explorer. The drive now shows at having 0 bytes of space, and in the disk management application it says "no media." I have restarted my computer, and I still...
  3. External Drive USB SD Card Reader Not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External Drive USB SD Card Reader Not working: I was merging files together on my SD card, and suddenly the drive stopped letting me interact with it in my file explorer. The drive now shows at having 0 bytes of space, and in the disk management application it says "no media." I have restarted my computer, and I still...
  4. No access to USB storage devices [USB / SD CARDS / EXTERNAL HD]

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No access to USB storage devices [USB / SD CARDS / EXTERNAL HD]: Hi all, I have been smashing my head against this problem for several weeks. My current PC does not read / have access to reading any SD CARD / USB from my USB ports, like literally any of them.. I have isolated this to justthis PC and not the USB / SD CARDS as other...
  5. Windows 10 Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362 Installed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362 Installed: Hi Experts, I have Windows 10 Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362 Installed. Windows 10 Version 20H2 appears in my updates to download and install. My concern is should I not first install Windows Version 1909 Final first and then May 2020 before I install 20H2? Regards...
  6. Sd card Problems

Sd card Problems: So, I pressed "Eject" on the sd card, later I put it back in and it wouldnt work. Does anybody have a solution? Microsoft, FIX THIS PROBLEM!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-problems/5950f30f-7c60-412f-afb5-ebf7f60dfbba
  7. Network issue after Windows 10, version 1903 update version 10.0.18362 Build 18362

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network issue after Windows 10, version 1903 update version 10.0.18362 Build 18362: After restart the Network icon changed to a globe, it said I didn't have Internet access but I did. Normally my networks SSID displays, but that no longer does. Some .NET Framework 3.5 4.8 cumulative updates came up so I applied them, after the restart, the original...
  8. Win10 Pro (1903 - Build 18362) System Restore behaviour

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 Pro (1903 - Build 18362) System Restore behaviour: I've noticed some strange behaviour with creating a System Restore Point in Windows 10, this may be an oddball way of doing things but it's worked for me for many years prior to upgrading to Windows 10 x64 (from Windows 7 x64). In short - I had a scheduled task that ran...
  9. USB printer disappears with W10 build 18362

USB printer disappears with W10 build 18362: I updated my PC to Build 18362 and my Laserjet 2200D printer on a USB connection disappeared and I can't add it back in as its not discoverable. I updated another PC to the same build and it doesn't work on that either. I tried the pinter and cable on a laptop and it works...
  10. SD card problem.

SD card problem.: An SD card that I have is not showing up in Windows after the latest update. I know that the SD is good because it is working on another computer just fine. Could you please assist?...