Windows 10: Windows Pro version 2004 WiFi disabled with Code 48 when enabling Hyper-v or Windows Sandbox

Discus and support Windows Pro version 2004 WiFi disabled with Code 48 when enabling Hyper-v or Windows Sandbox in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi all I'm on the latest 2004 version of Windows 10 Pro installed from a fresh download 2 days ago.but when I enable Windows Sandbox and / or Hyper-V... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/nomadic_dad, Sep 4, 2020.

1. Windows Pro version 2004 WiFi disabled with Code 48 when enabling Hyper-v or Windows Sandbox

Hi all
    I'm on the latest 2004 version of Windows 10 Pro installed from a fresh download 2 days ago.but when I enable Windows Sandbox and / or Hyper-V and restart Windows disables the Intel WiFi and I can see the following in device manager...

The driver for this device has been blocked from starting because it is known to have problems with Windows. Contact the hardware vendor for a new driver. (Code 48)

If I go back into Windows features, disable Hyper-V or Windows Sandbox and restart my WiFi is back and rock solid.
    The WiFi card is a very recent Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz with the latest Intel /u/nomadic_dad
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/nomadic_dad, Sep 4, 2020
  2. wpcoe Win User

No WiFi in Win10 Pro (1903) Windows Sandbox

I (seemingly) successfully updated my Surface Pro 6 to v.1903 today, and after some initial fumbles enabling it, now have Windows Sandbox enabled and it seems to open just fine. However, there is no WiFi access within Sandbox.

Accessing Settings for Network & Internet, the list on the left is:
    Status
    Ethernet
    Dial-up
    VPN
    Airplane mode
    Date usage
    Proxy
    WiFi appears no place in that window. Network status shows No Internet Access.

What step am I missing to be able to access the internet from within the Sandbox using my computer's WiFi connection?

wpcoe, Sep 4, 2020
  3. AlexOh7 Win User
    Enabling Hyper-V after it has been disabled?

Hi, I was doing Android development on my Surface Pro 3. Use of the android emulators required hyper-v being turned off, so I turned it off. Now, I'm working on a UWP app, and use of the emulators requires hyper-v. I have enabled hyper-v in the "Turn Windows
    features on/off" tool, so it's enabled there, but it doesn't seem to be enabled elsewhere, possibly the BIOS. Problem is, there is no option in the SP3 BIOS to enable hyper-v. Windows tells me in two places (task manager, turn Win features on/off) that hyper-v
    is enabled. However, running the following script in powershell:

tells me that it is disabled. Visual Studio also tells me it is disabled.

Any suggestions on how to fix?

AlexOh7, Sep 4, 2020
  4. Windows Pro version 2004 WiFi disabled with Code 48 when enabling Hyper-v or Windows Sandbox

How to disable hypervisor after uninstalling Sandbox feature?

No, it's Pro version still unactivated. I just installed it on spare PC to get a look at Sandbox feature and what I can do with it.

Probably it would be easier if I just describe the steps I took:

1. Created ISO with media builder 1903

2. Installed from this on clean system, deleting and recreating all disk partitions

3. Created a local user account on first start, logged in with it

4. In windows features scrolled down to Windows Sandbox and checked only it, Hyper-V features are available but I didn't check them for install

5. Reboot

6. Did few tests with the sandbox app, ran couple of programs in it, confirmed for myself that it uses Hyper-V technology for virtualization (first symptom - any other 3rd party virtualization software won't run, same error as when Hyper-V feature is installed,
    this is known problem with HV in windows 10)

7. Finished with tests, removed Windows Sandbox from Features. Hyper-V feature still wasn't enabled in list of features, only Windows Sandbox was.

8. Reboot

9. Logged in, discovered I still cannot run VmWare and hypervisor is still enabled.

Currently both Hyper-V and Windows Sandbox are disabled/not installed in Windows Features window but the virtualization is enabled on the system. So I think I need to manually 'switch it off' or something.

As I wrote earlier, maybe installing and uninstalling Hyper-V would help, I just thought maybe there is a fast way to disable it in command line or registry

Andy_Scull, Sep 4, 2020
Thema:

Windows Pro version 2004 WiFi disabled with Code 48 when enabling Hyper-v or Windows Sandbox

1. Windows Pro version 2004 WiFi disabled with Code 48 when enabling Hyper-v or Windows Sandbox - Similar Threads - Pro version 2004

2. Can't enable hyper V on window 11 pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't enable hyper V on window 11 pro: I upgraded to Window 11 pro to use hyper V but it will not enable. I go turn it on in window features it ask me to restart then once my pc restart its disabled still. I tired using command line to enable it and same result. There on error and I have no idea why Hyper-V refuse...
  3. Can't enable hyper V on window 11 pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't enable hyper V on window 11 pro: I upgraded to Window 11 pro to use hyper V but it will not enable. I go turn it on in window features it ask me to restart then once my pc restart its disabled still. I tired using command line to enable it and same result. There on error and I have no idea why Hyper-V refuse...
  4. Can't enable either Hyper-V or Windows Sandbox in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't enable either Hyper-V or Windows Sandbox in Windows 11: Hi:I have been trying to enable either Hyper-V or Windows Sandbox on my recently installed Windows 11 PC. So far both processes seem to require Virtualization to be enabled in the BIOS settings - that is done. Then, either one requires some Windows Features to be enabled...
  5. Can't enable either Hyper-V or Windows Sandbox in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't enable either Hyper-V or Windows Sandbox in Windows 11: Hi:I have been trying to enable either Hyper-V or Windows Sandbox on my recently installed Windows 11 PC. So far both processes seem to require Virtualization to be enabled in the BIOS settings - that is done. Then, either one requires some Windows Features to be enabled...
  6. enabling hyper-v after disabling it.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    enabling hyper-v after disabling it.: Hi. I play cs:go and wanted to use a third party client (FACEIT) which told me to deactivate hyper-v in order to use their anticheat. I used this command bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype off And now I cant get it to work. When I open the command line it tells me to...
  7. Windows Pro version 2004 Intel WiFi disabled with Code 48 when enabling Hyper-v or Windows...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Pro version 2004 Intel WiFi disabled with Code 48 when enabling Hyper-v or Windows...: Hi all I'm on the latest 2004 version of Windows 10 Pro installed from a fresh download 2 days ago.but when I enable Windows Sandbox and / or Hyper-V and restart Windows disables the Intel WiFi and I can see the following in device manager... The driver for this device has...
  8. No IPv6 inside WDAG, Sandbox and Hyper-V - Windows 10 Pro, v 1909

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    No IPv6 inside WDAG, Sandbox and Hyper-V - Windows 10 Pro, v 1909: Hi everyone! Thanks for reading this! I have tested my IPv6 connectivity on my Windows 10 Pro v1909 using Test your IPv6. and I have IPv6 available on my machine. It reports 10/10 tests ok. Nice! However, when I repeat the same test inside Windows Defender Application Guard...
  9. Hyper-V enabling failed with error code 0x800F0831

Hyper-V enabling failed with error code 0x800F0831: Hi , I'm trying to enable Hyper-V Management tools and Platform so the User can use Hyper-V manager but it failed with message " Windows couldn't complete the requested changes. Please reboot and try again. Error code 0x800F0831". I've rebooted the pc and checked the...
  10. Unable to disable Hyper-V (Windows 10)

Unable to disable Hyper-V (Windows 10): Hyper-V was enabled while installing the Visual Studio Android emulator, which I no longer need. As it turns out, Hyper-V doesn't work well with Virtualbox (see #15268 (Virtualbox causes SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION on Win10) – Oracle VM VirtualBox) and must be removed....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wifi ax200 blocked windows code 48