Windows 10: Windows Problem - Computer really messed up

Discus and support Windows Problem - Computer really messed up in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I have no idea what I did but my computer is really messed up now. The search function won't work, pictures won't open, avg won't work, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Chadwick4344, Feb 19, 2020.

1. Windows Problem - Computer really messed up

Hello,

I have no idea what I did but my computer is really messed up now. The search function won't work, pictures won't open, avg won't work, and pretty much every other app I have won't work anymore. The only thing i can use the computer for is to get on the internet. It won't even show me what edition of windows I'm running now!!

It started out with just the search function by the start menu not working. I looked up some solutions, and one of them got me to turn some things off through the services tab under task manager.

I've pasted screenshots of where it doesnt show what edition im running, and all the stopped services i have under task manager. Any help would be very much appreciated. I've spent countless hours trying to fix everything but it only gets worse.

Windows Problem - Computer really messed up fe5df4f3-c8e7-4543-9da2-adc40bb894d9?upload=true.png

Windows Problem - Computer really messed up 2584e8ff-a8e6-4b66-99b1-2b70ecb917f6?upload=true.png

Windows Problem - Computer really messed up 7786eed4-7b93-4099-abe6-ced421cf06f0?upload=true.png

Windows Problem - Computer really messed up f9264b7a-7cf3-462b-bf76-2200886e6e97?upload=true.png

Windows Problem - Computer really messed up a4303640-ef06-485d-b418-f299a0cbec8e?upload=true.png

:)

Chadwick4344, Feb 19, 2020
  2. Jetster Win User

Need some advice on computer problems.

Run HDtune (free version) on you hard drive. but most likely that the problem. You can also test your memory with Memtest86 as suggested above

You didn't list your OS

Jetster, Feb 19, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Feb 19, 2020
  4. Windows Problem - Computer really messed up

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 19, 2020
Thema:

Windows Problem - Computer really messed up

1. Windows Problem - Computer really messed up - Similar Threads - Problem Computer really

2. I really messed up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I really messed up: So about a week ago my built in display was not working. So I had to delete my display adapters in device manager and reinstall them. It made my built in display work but I couldn't use external monitor, so I downloaded the Nvidia rtx3060 drivers for laptop and it made my 2nd...
  3. I really messed up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I really messed up: So about a week ago my built in display was not working. So I had to delete my display adapters in device manager and reinstall them. It made my built in display work but I couldn't use external monitor, so I downloaded the Nvidia rtx3060 drivers for laptop and it made my 2nd...
  4. Windows Updates are Messing Up Computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Updates are Messing Up Computer: I just got my computer working properly again after running a repair install of Windows 10 to fix the issues stated here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/dism-sfc-scannow-cant-complete-troubleshooting-is/ef2135d3-5f6f-4f2f-acee-a8a17c9e35aa...
  5. Really messed up user accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Really messed up user accounts: My laptop is running Windows 10 Home. I was trying to create an additional user account and somehow messed up my main account. It appears that instead of creating a new account I told it to log into my windows account with a local account instead of my Microsoft account. What...
  6. Really messed up user accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Really messed up user accounts: My laptop is running Windows 10 Home. I was trying to create an additional user account and somehow messed up my main account. It appears that instead of creating a new account I told it to log into my windows account with a local account instead of my Microsoft account. What...
  7. Really messed up user accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. The latest Windows update really messed up Windows Search

The latest Windows update really messed up Windows Search: Prior to the most recent update (sometime in Sept 2019) I could click the Windows key, and start typing my question and get programs and web links. Now I just get a useless white panel and whatever I search for nothing happens. Any ideas how I can restore this feature to...
  9. It is really a mess

It is really a mess: Hi. I tried to clone my hdd to my ssd and the screen went black on my laptop. Now I have no ssd or hdd listed in the bios. What does that mean? I have a Acer Aspire E17. Is it broken? Any help will be appreciated. 97400
  10. I really messed up

in Windows 10 Support
    I really messed up: Sorry that this is long and not that well worded I really messed up. So from the beginning. I bought a pc from one of my friends on Friday. (Specs: cpu: Intel i7 4790, gpu: nvidia geforce gtx 970, motherboard: gigabyte z97 hd3, and Windows 10 home, originally...