Windows 10: Windows problem with contrast settings on all my computers

Discus and support Windows problem with contrast settings on all my computers in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I first turn on my computer after a restart and log in to windows the background to parts of the explorer folders, and much of the text on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ezdmanx, Nov 23, 2020.

1. ezdmanx Win User

Windows problem with contrast settings on all my computers

When I first turn on my computer after a restart and log in to windows the background to parts of the explorer folders, and much of the text on programs inverts. So white text on black background, or white text on white background in programs.

I have to go in to settings and turn on high contrast mode even though it is not already on, apply, then go back in and turn off high contrast mode, then put the computer to sleep and wake it up again, and then the issue will be resolved.

This has been going on for a year.

It happens on all my computers - My work PC in the office, my home PC and my Laptop. All are Windows 10.

See example of what I mean here:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgZQoXalnpNdjcAsZJWvhBbltxP7XA?e=ZWJovW

Is there a way to fix this?

:)

ezdmanx, Nov 23, 2020

2. Problem with Contrast setting in Windows 10 computer

Hello Melissa,

We understand the inconvenience you have experienced.

For turning on or off high contrast mode:

• Type “high contrast settings” into the search box, then select
      High contrast settings from the list of results.
    • Under Choose a theme, select a high contrast theme from the drop-down menu, then select
      Apply.
    • To turn off high contrast mode, select None from the drop-down menu, then select
      Apply.
    • To turn high contrast mode on or off from the sign-in screen, select the
      Ease of Access
      button in the bottom-right corner and choose High Contrast.
    • To turn high contrast on or off from the keyboard, press Left Alt+Left Shift+Print Screen.

Keep posted if you require further assistance.

Thank you.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Nov 23, 2020
  3. High Contrast Mode in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to apply the changes from the settings option in Windows 10 and check if it helps.

1) Type High contrast settings in the search box and then click on High Contrast settings.

2) In the right pane select the level of contrast choose a theme and check.

I also recommend you to update the graphic drivers of the computer and check if it helps.

• Open Device Manager.

• Expand ‘Display Adapter’.

• Locate the display driver.

• Right-click on the display card listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’
    Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Nov 23, 2020
  4. Windows problem with contrast settings on all my computers

i have messed up with my display settings in widows 10. the contrast level has gone high,want to fix it needed help

Hello Amey,

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Type “high contrast settings” into the search box, then select
      High contrast settings from the list of results.
    • Under Choose a theme, select None from the drop-down menu, then select
      Apply.
    Check and let us know how it goes, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

SujataMoktan, Nov 23, 2020
Thema:

Windows problem with contrast settings on all my computers

1. Windows problem with contrast settings on all my computers - Similar Threads - problem contrast settings

2. contrast theme problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    contrast theme problem: i use contrast theme a lot and have the problem of when i use it , i can see on/off switches in many applications, nor am able to adjust color choices or see options choicess in different application boxes are just invisiible. I must select "none" to be able to see /select...
  3. contrast theme problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    contrast theme problem: i use contrast theme a lot and have the problem of when i use it , i can see on/off switches in many applications, nor am able to adjust color choices or see options choicess in different application boxes are just invisiible. I must select "none" to be able to see /select...
  4. High contrast problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High contrast problem: Hello I am a employee and this laptop given by my work, When I use Microsoft Teams the contrast is on I checked the settings It is off then I turned it on and off it didn't work I restarted yet it still hasn't worked could you please help me?.. Please and thank you...
  5. High contrast problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High contrast problem: Hello I am a employee and this laptop given by my work, When I use Microsoft Teams the contrast is on I checked the settings It is off then I turned it on and off it didn't work I restarted yet it still hasn't worked could you please help me?.. Please and thank you...
  6. Contrast settings on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Contrast settings on Windows 10?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MoxxFulder [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m2xe6c/contrast_settings_on_windows_10/
  7. Contrast/Brightness Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Contrast/Brightness Settings: I've been having a lot of trouble with my contrast and brightness settings on my laptop. When I play games that are dark or take place during the night, I can hardly see anything. The games themselves do not always have the option to change these settings, however I've seen...
  8. High Contrast Setting Brilliant

High Contrast Setting Brilliant: Just a tip to Windows 10 users . I only found this accidently . Go to Settings then Personalise Colours then with the Dark Theme also selected click on HIGH CONTRAST. It is absolutely Fantastic makes a World of a difference to the whole Layout and look of Windows is...
  9. high contrast settings

high contrast settings: Is there a way to get normal color setting without high contrast just like windows 98 SE. 125154
  10. My struggle to set a high contrast theme

My struggle to set a high contrast theme: One of the first things I always do for a new OS or a new build is to set a nice high contrast theme. That helps me a lot to see things. In Windows 8.1 and in Mint Mate that is very easy and convenient. In Windows 7 it is a bit trickier for the color selection. Now I tried...