Windows 10: Windows Process Activation Error 15

Discus and support Windows Process Activation Error 15 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am running windows 10 home 64 bit As of this morning my computer was great. Got on this evening, no updates in between, hoped on World of Warcraft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by EricWilkerson2, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Windows Process Activation Error 15

I am running windows 10 home 64 bit

As of this morning my computer was great. Got on this evening, no updates in between, hoped on World of Warcraft classic run 10 steps and computer crashed, no error message or anything just rebooted. Tried again same thing, went to event viewer and I am seeing several errors:

The WAS service terminated with the following error:
    The system cannot find the drive specified.

The NetMsmqActivator service depends on the WAS service which failed to start because of the following error:

The NetPipeActivator service depends on the WAS service which failed to start because of the following error:

All seemed to be based around the WAS. I am not a huge techy but can do some research. I came across a couple of fixes but they didn't seem to work. When I go to services and try and start the WAS manually I get error 15: the system cannot find the drive specified.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

EricWilkerson2, Jan 24, 2020
  2. linhlz Win User

Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

Possibly there can be the problem with Microsoft activation Server, so your Windows 10 is not activated. In this scenario, you need to wait and verify if it is the issue from Microsoft’s side. But if you are getting error code 0x803f7001, you can also try these steps:

1. Open Settings app. Then go to Update and security > Activation screen > Change product.
    2. Type your Windows edition product key and click Next.
    3. You’ll get We couldn’t activate Windows error message.
    4. Retry steps 1-3 then type your 25-characters unique product key.
    5. Wait for the process to complete, Windows 10 is activated.
    Hope something helps this problem

linhlz, Jan 24, 2020
  3. Duyenhip Win User
    Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

thanks
    I activated my Windows 10 from product key Windows 7

Duyenhip, Jan 24, 2020
  4. GNJha Win User

Windows Process Activation Error 15

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Jan 24, 2020
Thema:

Windows Process Activation Error 15

1. Windows Process Activation Error 15 - Similar Threads - Process Activation Error

2. Wifi active for over 15 hours

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi active for over 15 hours: My wifi has been receiving about 300Kbs for over 14 hours. Today when powered up the same is happening now. This seems to be preventing Firefox from visiting sites like: bleeping computer. Edge can visit some commercial sites such as Amazon. Sometimes I can open a link...
  3. Fatal communication error with the Windows Process Activation Service in Windows 2016

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fatal communication error with the Windows Process Activation Service in Windows 2016: Hello Team, We have hosted our websites in the Windows server 2016 and we faced an issue with an application where the application is stopped to respond with the following message. Event Error log:"A process serving application pool 'PROD-Site' suffered a fatal...
  4. Windows Process Activation Service Couldn't Start Error 15 System Cannot Find the Drive...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Process Activation Service Couldn't Start Error 15 System Cannot Find the Drive...: Hi, I am using Windows 10, after ran window update to version 1909 in end of March. I couldn't start my IIS. I realized that my World Wide Web Publishing service is not start. When I start W3 service, it prompts Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start....
  5. Windows Process Activation Service error 15. Specified drive not found.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Process Activation Service error 15. Specified drive not found.: I am unable to start the WAS service. The start is aborted and I recieve rhe following: error 15: the specified drive could not be found. Any help would be appreciated....
  6. Windows Process Activation Service failing to start get error 15 or in event log Event ID 5217

Windows Process Activation Service failing to start get error 15 or in event log Event ID 5217: Since installing the latest update Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.18362.418] - My IIS no long runs. The Windows Process Activation Service (WAS) will not start. If I try manually start it, it gives Error 15 - if I go to the event log I see "The Windows Process Activation...
  7. error number 15

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    error number 15: I keep getting: error number 15. Cannot open file. Check disc C: I have no problem opening any files, but this keeps showing up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-number-15/350e017a-580e-4593-81e2-ee6e0bfe0c51
  8. Process with network activity

Process with network activity: can any one assists going mad our internet in the office is not working We have a dedicated line for internet was advised by our provider when he access our router and monitors the movement on the network, two computers are sending massive GB data that is clogging the...
  9. windows process activation services

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows process activation services: hi I just want know what is windows process activation services in windows 10 in turn windows features on and off and should I turn it on or leave it off I dont know what it is used for or what it dose...
  10. Windows Process Activation Process (WAS) errors after 1803 update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Process Activation Process (WAS) errors after 1803 update: I have resolved this issue, but post it here as it may help others, especially as there are sooooo many issues after the 1803 upgrade. After the 1803 update the system became very slow. In the Windows system event log several errors due to the failing WAS service. The...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows process activation error 15

2. windows process activation error 15 was Users

3. windows process activator error 15