Windows 10: Windows Process Activation Service Couldn't Start Error 15 System Cannot Find the Drive...

Discus and support Windows Process Activation Service Couldn't Start Error 15 System Cannot Find the Drive... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I am using Windows 10, after ran window update to version 1909 in end of March. I couldn't start my IIS. I realized that my World Wide Web... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by starluvapple, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Windows Process Activation Service Couldn't Start Error 15 System Cannot Find the Drive...

Hi,

I am using Windows 10, after ran window update to version 1909 in end of March. I couldn't start my IIS. I realized that my World Wide Web Publishing service is not start. When I start W3 service, it prompts Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start. Then, I found that it depends on Windows Process Activation Service. When I start WPAS, I hit Error 15: System cannot find the drive specified.

I cannot revert my Windows Update as it had over 10 days when I realized my IIS is not working. I uninstalled my IIS and WWW, then reinstalled them, but useless, I still hit Error 15.

I am urgently need to resolve this to bring my localhost back in work.

Should you have idea how to resolve this, please advice. Appreciate your great help.

:)

starluvapple, Apr 28, 2020
  2. Duyenhip Win User

Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

thanks
    I activated my Windows 10 from product key Windows 7

Duyenhip, Apr 28, 2020
  3. Windows Process Activation Error 15

I am running windows 10 home 64 bit

As of this morning my computer was great. Got on this evening, no updates in between, hoped on World of Warcraft classic run 10 steps and computer crashed, no error message or anything just rebooted. Tried again same thing, went to event viewer and I am
    seeing several errors:

The WAS service terminated with the following error:

The system cannot find the drive specified.

The NetMsmqActivator service depends on the WAS service which failed to start because of the following error:

The NetPipeActivator service depends on the WAS service which failed to start because of the following error:

All seemed to be based around the WAS. I am not a huge techy but can do some research. I came across a couple of fixes but they didn't seem to work. When I go to services and try and start the WAS manually I get error 15: the system cannot find the drive
    specified.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EricWilkerson2, Apr 28, 2020
  4. GNCSA665 Win User

Windows Process Activation Service Couldn't Start Error 15 System Cannot Find the Drive...

Windows Process Activation Service error 15. Specified drive not found.

I am unable to start the WAS service. The start is aborted and I recieve rhe following: error 15: the specified drive could not be found.

Any help would be appreciated.

GNCSA665, Apr 28, 2020
Thema:

Windows Process Activation Service Couldn't Start Error 15 System Cannot Find the Drive...

1. Windows Process Activation Service Couldn't Start Error 15 System Cannot Find the Drive... - Similar Threads - Process Activation Service

2. The ioperm service failed to start due to the following error: The system cannot find the...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The ioperm service failed to start due to the following error: The system cannot find the...: dear community , i have recently encountered an error which repeats during every boot processAny body please help meThank you in advancethis is the link for the evtx file of the event here...
  3. Windows Process Activation Error 15

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Process Activation Error 15: I am running windows 10 home 64 bit As of this morning my computer was great. Got on this evening, no updates in between, hoped on World of Warcraft classic run 10 steps and computer crashed, no error message or anything just rebooted. Tried again same thing, went to event...
  4. error on start windows, the system cannot find the specified 80070002

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    error on start windows, the system cannot find the specified 80070002: [ATTACH] once in a while, not very often when starting the computer, i get an error the screen remains black, and before windows starts, says something like this tablet is not running. although i have a desktop pc, which is very weird to happen. Well a few days ago i...
  5. Windows Process Activation Service error 15. Specified drive not found.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Process Activation Service error 15. Specified drive not found.: I am unable to start the WAS service. The start is aborted and I recieve rhe following: error 15: the specified drive could not be found. Any help would be appreciated....
  6. Windows Process Activation Service failing to start get error 15 or in event log Event ID 5217

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Process Activation Service failing to start get error 15 or in event log Event ID 5217: Since installing the latest update Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.18362.418] - My IIS no long runs. The Windows Process Activation Service (WAS) will not start. If I try manually start it, it gives Error 15 - if I go to the event log I see "The Windows Process Activation...
  7. The Service couldn't be started

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    The Service couldn't be started: Hello I'm trying to reactivate the Windows Defender but it gives an error: The specified service does not exists as an installed service. 0x80070424 I did not remove any services and they seem ok in the services console. They just work. Win 10 build 15......
  8. The Service couldn't be started

The Service couldn't be started: Hello I'm trying to reactivate the Windows Defender but it gives an error: The specified service does not exists as an installed service. 0x80070424 I did not remove any services and they seem ok in the services console. They just work. Win 10 build 15......
  9. "The service couldn't be started"

"The service couldn't be started": it say "The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable" the error code is 0x80070570 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_scanning-windows_10/the-service-couldnt-be-started/faa8e73e-19ac-4948-af48-02ff3a02ae6c
  10. Cannot Start Windows Search Service: Error 3 cannot find path

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Start Windows Search Service: Error 3 cannot find path: Hello, Earlier today I tried to rebuild the windows search index, only to find out that I currently have no locations indexed. I also cannot modify to add any new locations. Windows search troubleshooter shows the following results: [img] I went to services and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows could not start the windows process activation service on local computer error 15

2. windows 10 cannot start windows process activation service error 15