Windows 10: Windows Process Activation Service error 15. Specified drive not found.

Discus and support Windows Process Activation Service error 15. Specified drive not found. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am unable to start the WAS service. The start is aborted and I recieve rhe following: error 15: the specified drive could not be found. Any help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GNCSA665, Jan 18, 2020.

1. GNCSA665 Win User

Windows Process Activation Service error 15. Specified drive not found.

I am unable to start the WAS service. The start is aborted and I recieve rhe following: error 15: the specified drive could not be found.

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

GNCSA665, Jan 18, 2020

2. Securing Windows 2000/XP/Server 2003 services HOW TO

Alec, I've found two settings in oyur guide that don't work well with my computer:

UserProfile Hive Cleanup Service
    DHCP Client

Both of the above need to be set to local system in order for them to work correctly (seems unusual considering that M$ puts DHCP client in that list...)

For DHCP I get the message "Error 1079.The account specified is different from the account specified for other services running in the same process." Not too sure how I can conquer that, guessing that it's linked to the whole svchost.exe generic process.

Jimmy 2004, Jan 18, 2020
  3. linhlz Win User
    Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

Possibly there can be the problem with Microsoft activation Server, so your Windows 10 is not activated. In this scenario, you need to wait and verify if it is the issue from Microsoft’s side. But if you are getting error code 0x803f7001, you can also try these steps:

1. Open Settings app. Then go to Update and security > Activation screen > Change product.
    2. Type your Windows edition product key and click Next.
    3. You’ll get We couldn’t activate Windows error message.
    4. Retry steps 1-3 then type your 25-characters unique product key.
    5. Wait for the process to complete, Windows 10 is activated.
    Hope something helps this problem

linhlz, Jan 18, 2020
  4. Duyenhip Win User

Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

thanks
    I activated my Windows 10 from product key Windows 7

Duyenhip, Jan 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Process Activation Service error 15. Specified drive not found. - Similar Threads - Process Activation Service

2. RunDLL error The specified module could not be found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RunDLL error The specified module could not be found: My computer is showing RunDLL error lately. The error indicates the path to were the missing module must be located. I checked the folder and I think the dll is related to the loading animation of the mouse cursor. This is my windows specification:Windows 11 Pro 22H2OS Build:...
  3. Process/Service Activity Analysis

in Windows 10 Support
    Process/Service Activity Analysis: Hello everyone. I recently had a Windows 10 2004 BSOD due to a Clock_Watchdog_Time, which i'm looking into, but i noticed something when it booted back up that piqued my curiosity. For some reason, Windows Update and Microsoft Software Protection Platform were running for...
  4. Fatal communication error with the Windows Process Activation Service in Windows 2016

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fatal communication error with the Windows Process Activation Service in Windows 2016: Hello Team, We have hosted our websites in the Windows server 2016 and we faced an issue with an application where the application is stopped to respond with the following message. Event Error log:"A process serving application pool 'PROD-Site' suffered a fatal...
  5. Windows Process Activation Service Couldn't Start Error 15 System Cannot Find the Drive...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Process Activation Service Couldn't Start Error 15 System Cannot Find the Drive...: Hi, I am using Windows 10, after ran window update to version 1909 in end of March. I couldn't start my IIS. I realized that my World Wide Web Publishing service is not start. When I start W3 service, it prompts Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start....
  6. Windows Process Activation Error 15

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Process Activation Error 15: I am running windows 10 home 64 bit As of this morning my computer was great. Got on this evening, no updates in between, hoped on World of Warcraft classic run 10 steps and computer crashed, no error message or anything just rebooted. Tried again same thing, went to event...
  7. The specified procedure could not be found error on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    The specified procedure could not be found error on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]When starting an application or software, if you receive an error— There was a problem starting this file, The specified procedure could not be found, then in this post, we will share a general fix for this kind of error. [...] This post The specified...
  8. Windows Process Activation Service failing to start get error 15 or in event log Event ID 5217

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Process Activation Service failing to start get error 15 or in event log Event ID 5217: Since installing the latest update Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.18362.418] - My IIS no long runs. The Windows Process Activation Service (WAS) will not start. If I try manually start it, it gives Error 15 - if I go to the event log I see "The Windows Process Activation...
  9. Should the service Windows Process Activation Service not show in Services in Windows 10...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Should the service Windows Process Activation Service not show in Services in Windows 10...: Should the service Windows Process Activation Service not show in Services in Windows 10 Pro 1903? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-the-service-windows-process-activation/b461f5bb-3f25-42d7-96b4-589594bbe928
  10. windows process activation services

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows process activation services: hi I just want know what is windows process activation services in windows 10 in turn windows features on and off and should I turn it on or leave it off I dont know what it is used for or what it dose...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows process activation service error 15

2. The Windows Process Activation Service service terminated with the following error: The system cannot find the drive specified.

3. windows process activation service cannot find the drive specified

4. Windows could not start the Windows Process Activation Service Error 15: The system cannot find the drive specified