Windows 10: Windows Process Activation Service failing to start get error 15 or in event log Event ID 5217

Discus and support Windows Process Activation Service failing to start get error 15 or in event log Event ID 5217 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Since installing the latest update Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.18362.418] - My IIS no long runs. The Windows Process Activation Service (WAS) will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Warren Machanik, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Windows Process Activation Service failing to start get error 15 or in event log Event ID 5217

Since installing the latest update Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.18362.418] - My IIS no long runs. The Windows Process Activation Service (WAS) will not start. If I try manually start it, it gives Error 15 - if I go to the event log I see

"The Windows Process Activation Service (WAS) encountered an error while handling key generation. This will prevent WAS from starting currently. The data field contains the error number." Event ID is 5217.

I have tried deleting the Nano registry entry and copy applicationHost.config applicationHost.config.tmp in the config folder. As recommended on this forum but still no go. I even tried to change the login to use administrator but that did not work either - a little stuck

HELP

:)

Warren Machanik, Oct 10, 2019
  2. Romas Win User

EVENT ID 7000 The IOMap service failed to start

Hello there Ken,

Is this is what you need?

Windows Process Activation Service failing to start get error 15 or in event log Event ID 5217 [​IMG]

Windows Process Activation Service failing to start get error 15 or in event log Event ID 5217 [​IMG]

Can it be something to do with this?

IOMap64.sys Windows process - What is it?

I also tried disabling all the startup settings restart same error, Tried enabling all restart same error.

Romas, Oct 10, 2019
  3. A123 Win User
    How does one fix WAS errors with Event ID 5005, 5215 and 5217?

How does one fix WAS errors with Event ID 5005, 5215 and 5217 in Windows 10 Pro 1903?

4. Windows Process Activation Service failing to start get error 15 or in event log Event ID 5217

"Windows Event Log" service not starting

When I start the "Windows Event Log" service I get the following error:

Windows could not start the Windows Event Log service on Local Computer.

Error 15008: The specified xml text was not well-formed. See Extended Error for more details.

Any suggestion on how to make this sevice work again?

Thanks,

AndreaSchiavinato, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

Windows Process Activation Service failing to start get error 15 or in event log Event ID 5217

1. Windows Process Activation Service failing to start get error 15 or in event log Event ID 5217 - Similar Threads - Process Activation Service

2. WHEA Error Event Logs ID event 1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WHEA Error Event Logs ID event 1: My new laptop restarts randomly even after hours of use, even disabling automatic startup in the event of errors in the startup and recovery section, only bringing me a WHEA LOGGER dump file, I attach the dump file, I have already tried to formatting the PC with a new...
  3. Windows 11 EVENT 1108 The event logging service encountered an error while processing an...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 EVENT 1108 The event logging service encountered an error while processing an...: Hello.This error has occurred even on a fresh install of Windows 11, I cannot seem to fix this. The steps I have taken are...Disabling all auditing.auditpol /set /category:* /success:disable /failure:disable auditpol /get /category:* Seem to set all to `No Auditing`.What's...
  4. Error in Event log, Event ID 10016

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error in Event log, Event ID 10016: So my laptop been crashing very often for last week, I never had the chance to take the photo of the blue screen, its lightning fast to restart. I have seen this in my event log and wonder if it has anything to do with it. I have seen kernel errors, battery errors and this...
  5. Windows Activation Service fails to start with events 5217, 5215, 5005

Windows Activation Service fails to start with events 5217, 5215, 5005: Hello, I want to use the IIS on my Win10 Pro Version 2004 Build 19041.508. The IIS won't start because of the WAS failing to start. The first error in the eventlog is EventID 5217, [ Qualifiers] 49152 followed by EventID 5215 [ Qualifiers] 49152 followed by EventID...
  6. Event ID 5217

Event ID 5217: I've been having a problem with WAS continuously Crashing my computer I believe, since everything freezes at once whenever I play a game or use a program for an extended period of time. I look at the event logs and it says Error with Event ID 5217, 5215 and 5005. I don't know...
  7. Event Viewer Error -TPM -Event ID 15

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Event Viewer Error -TPM -Event ID 15: So this error continuously pop up in my event viewer. Description - General - The device driver for the Trusted Platform Module TPM encountered a non-recoverable error in the TPM hardware, which prevents TPM services such as data encryption from being used. For further...
  8. Event ID 257 App Events log- The Cryptographic Services service failed

in Windows 10 Support
    Event ID 257 App Events log- The Cryptographic Services service failed: System is functioning fine, however this error continually logs in the app log. Trying all kinds of fixes everywhere and hoping the Win10 forum group can help out as you guys are probably the best source anywhere for troubleshooting/fixes for Win10. Code: Log Name:...
  9. EVENT ID 7000 The IOMap service failed to start

in Windows 10 Support
    EVENT ID 7000 The IOMap service failed to start: Hello there I am new here but I have this event viewer ERROR. The IOMap service failed to start due to the following error: The system cannot find the file specified. Event ID 7000 My PC SPECS: MB: Asus P9X99 Deluxe II CPU: Intel I7 6950X GPU: Titan X Pascal...
  10. Help to get Event ID 15 - ACPI to stop logging in Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Support
    Help to get Event ID 15 - ACPI to stop logging in Event Viewer: Not sure if this is the right section, if not please move to the correct one. Under the details tab in Event Viewer when a logged event has a GUID that shows up in the registry under HKEYLM > System > CurrentControlSet>Control>WM>Autologger>EventLog-XX I know how to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. The Windows Process Activation Service (WAS) encountered an error while handling key generation. This will prevent WAS from starting corrently. The data field contains the error number.

2. windows process activation service error 15

3. イベントid 5217

4. WAS has encountered an error while handling key generation,
  5. windows process activation service key generation error,
  6. Windows could not start the Windows Process Activation Service Error 15,
  7. windows process activation service logon,
  8. event id 5217,
  9. 5217 Windows Process Activation Service (WAS) encountered,
  10. windows process activation error 15,
  11. was error 5217,
  12. Windows Process Activation Service start failed in windows server 2016,
  13. was activation service error 15,