Windows 10: Windows Process ,,Desktop Window Manager" uses incredible amounts of resources after a few...

Discus and support Windows Process ,,Desktop Window Manager" uses incredible amounts of resources after a few... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [IMG] submitted by /u/ebananaman [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m105u5/windows_process_desktop_window_manager_uses/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ebananaman, Mar 9, 2021.

1. Windows Process ,,Desktop Window Manager" uses incredible amounts of resources after a few...

/u/ebananaman, Mar 9, 2021
  2. hellrazor Win User

Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

hellrazor, Mar 9, 2021
  3. Desktop Window Manager using an absurd amount of memory.

Hi Roy,

I would be happy to assist you. And I regret the incontinence you are facing with the Windows 10.

I suggest you to run the System maintenance troubleshooter and check if the issue still persist.

Run System Maintenance Troubleshooter.

System Maintenance troubleshooter finds and clean up unused files and shortcuts and performs maintenance tasks.

Follow the steps given below:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search box from the desktop.

• Select the Troubleshooting option.

• Select View All option and select the System Maintenance.

• Click on Next to perform the System Maintenance troubleshooter and follow the steps.

Also, refer the Windows performance recorder article given by

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP)

Windows performance recorder

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Thank you.

Vidyashree_C, Mar 9, 2021
  4. Windows Process ,,Desktop Window Manager" uses incredible amounts of resources after a few...

Multiple windows process managers take up too much CPU

Hi Alec,

The previous update you installed could be the cause as to why you encounter this issue. With this, you may use the
    Task Manager which provides a number of tabs that will allow you to monitor the applications, processes and services that are running on your device. This is helpful when trying to troubleshoot applications or find out
    why your computer became slow. Follow these steps on how to open
    Task Manager:

• Right-click the Taskbar and click on
      Task Manager.
    • Open Start, do a search for
      Task Manager and click the result.
    • Use the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keyboard shortcut.
    • Use the Ctrl + Alt + Del keyboard shortcut and click on Task Manager.
    • Use the Windows key + X keyboard shortcut to open the
      power-user menu and click on
      Task Manager.

Under the Processes tab, check the
    percentage of the total resource use for the
    processor, memory, hard drive and network. You can click the column names to sort the list and bring to the top the ones using the most resources. If you see any of these resources
    running high (90 percent or higher), this could be the factor why you encounter this issue. After you identify the problem, right-click the process, and select
    End task to terminate it.

Aside from this step, we also suggest that you try to check and run the update once again on your computer. Make sure
    to start the whole update instead of continue, to avoid any update component corruption.

Let us know how it goes and feel free to get back to us if you need further assistance.

PreciousLeb, Mar 9, 2021
Thema:

Windows Process ,,Desktop Window Manager" uses incredible amounts of resources after a few...

1. Windows Process ,,Desktop Window Manager" uses incredible amounts of resources after a few... - Similar Threads - Process Desktop Window

2. Desktop WIndow Manager incredibly high GPU usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop WIndow Manager incredibly high GPU usage: Greetings, I've noticed that when I'm tabbed out of certain apps or video games desktop window manager jumps to 60%-80% GPU usage, in what universe is that logical? I've reinstalled Windows and it fixed it in the short term but now the issue is back. I've scoured the internet...
  3. Desktop WIndow Manager incredibly high GPU usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop WIndow Manager incredibly high GPU usage: Greetings, I've noticed that when I'm tabbed out of certain apps or video games desktop window manager jumps to 60%-80% GPU usage, in what universe is that logical? I've reinstalled Windows and it fixed it in the short term but now the issue is back. I've scoured the internet...
  4. Desktop WIndow Manager incredibly high GPU usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. why is my desktop window manager using so many resources

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is my desktop window manager using so many resources: Hi all, this is my first time on this site so please correct me if i get anything wrong.My desktop window manager is using a high amount of memory, gpu and cpu power and i am not sure as to why its doing this. ive been googling things for days and to no avail. anyone have a...
  6. why is my desktop window manager using so many resources

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why is my desktop window manager using so many resources: Hi all, this is my first time on this site so please correct me if i get anything wrong.My desktop window manager is using a high amount of memory, gpu and cpu power and i am not sure as to why its doing this. ive been googling things for days and to no avail. anyone have a...
  7. Desktop Window Manager using massive amount of my GPU Processing

Desktop Window Manager using massive amount of my GPU Processing: Hey everyone. I've been having issues with my GPU processing % as I stream to twitch and have been getting frame loss. When researching the issue it tends to be a GPU being maxed out when you get frame loss. I've noticed that this windows program Desktop Window manager has...
  8. Desktop Window Manager using large amounts of RAM

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Desktop Window Manager using large amounts of RAM: My Windows 10 version: 2004 Three months ago, I began noticing Desktop Window Manager using high amounts of RAM. I would usually see the process using between 3000 and 5000 MB, but one time saw it using over 7000MB (I have 12 GB of RAM). For a while, I was unable to determine...
  9. Desktop Window Manager and Client Server Runtime Process uses gpu.

Desktop Window Manager and Client Server Runtime Process uses gpu.: Hi, I have a gaming laptop RTX 2060 and Ryzen 9 4900h with AMD RadeonTM Graphics. Yesterday, my laptop was getting a little hot so I decided to check the task manager. Then, I saw dwm.exe and csrss.exe using about 5~10% of integrated gpu. I searched other forums and saw many...
  10. Desktop Window Manager Using Huge Amount of Memory

Desktop Window Manager Using Huge Amount of Memory: Windows Desktop Manager is currently using 1244.8 MB of memory according to Task Manager. I don't know when this started, but it's a relatively new problem. I disabled some items in the Advanced System Settings in Control Panel\System and Security\System, but doing so did not...