Windows 10: Windows processes eats up all my bandwidth

Discus and support Windows processes eats up all my bandwidth in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've been noticing that a windows process keeps eating my bandwidth. It's interrupting my online activities as it keeps all the bandwidth to itself.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Al VincentMusa, Oct 17, 2021.

1. Windows processes eats up all my bandwidth

I've been noticing that a windows process keeps eating my bandwidth. It's interrupting my online activities as it keeps all the bandwidth to itself. I've already set delivery optimization to a minimum and my internet is not that really great. I barely even get to 1mbps. What are possible solutions to this?

:)

Al VincentMusa, Oct 17, 2021

2. Window 10 eating my Wifi bandwidth

Whenever I start my laptop and check 'data usage' after couple of minutes, I found 'system' is using my internet bandwidth in size of hundreds MBs.

I urgently need to get rid of this.

I tried many tricks:

• Set wifi on metered connection
    • Disable Windows Update service
    • Disable scheduled task regarding Windows 10 update assistance and some others
    • Set all background app to OFF.
    Still windows 10 constantly eating my bandwidth.

How to stop this unacceptable behaviour?

RahulShah4, Oct 18, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    Microsoft is eating all of my bandwidth

1. Process explorer lets you see what's going on in the process tree for a given instance of svchost.exe. If it's downloading, there'll be other activity to help you identify the relevant process.

2. The 'standard' apps are frequently updated whether or not you use them. There's a scheduled task to do that- which you could try disabling.

And there's the background data.

Windows processes eats up all my bandwidth [​IMG]

Update sharing (mentioned by TarikuOkami):

& driver updates:
    Enable or Disable Driver Updates in Windows Update in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Windows Update Activation Tutorials

Defender: If you disable Windows updates, you disable Defender updates. You can establish your own scheduled task for that if you need to.

You could also try setting your connection to metered - at least for test purposes. (That disables updates- Windows updates at least. Not seen a comment about the various others).
    Note this option for driver updates:

dalchina, Oct 18, 2021
  4. NinjaNife Win User

Windows processes eats up all my bandwidth

IP Address Bandwidth Monitor

I am looking for a bandwidth monitor that tells me how much bandwidth each IP connected to my server is sending/receiving (preferably listed in Mbits). I currently have Netlimiter 2 Pro, but that only does bandwidth monitoring by process (it lists IPs but doesn't tell how much bandwidth each one is using). It would need to run on Windows Server 2003 and not have any web-based requirements (it is not a webserver so can't support a webpage-type monitor). Does anyone know how to do this? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Brendan "NinjaNife" West

NinjaNife, Oct 18, 2021
Thema:

Windows processes eats up all my bandwidth

1. Windows processes eats up all my bandwidth - Similar Threads - processes eats bandwidth

2. Hidden process eating all RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hidden process eating all RAM: Hello,for starters i have 10GB of RAM, Windows Defender says there is no Virus + i did an ESET Scan. I tried updating drivers, searching for ways to fix on internet but none of them seemed to have the same problemI have this problem for about 2 days where my PC progressively...
  3. Hidden process eating all RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hidden process eating all RAM: Hello,for starters i have 10GB of RAM, Windows Defender says there is no Virus + i did an ESET Scan. I tried updating drivers, searching for ways to fix on internet but none of them seemed to have the same problemI have this problem for about 2 days where my PC progressively...
  4. Hidden process eating all RAM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows processes eats up all my bandwidth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows processes eats up all my bandwidth: I've been noticing that a windows process keeps eating my bandwidth. It's interrupting my online activities as it keeps all the bandwidth to itself. I've already set delivery optimization to a minimum and my internet is not that really great. I barely even get to 1mbps. What...
  6. Windows processes eats up all my bandwidth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows processes eats up all my bandwidth: I've been noticing that a windows process keeps eating my bandwidth. It's interrupting my online activities as it keeps all the bandwidth to itself. I've already set delivery optimization to a minimum and my internet is not that really great. I barely even get to 1mbps. What...
  7. Searchapp.exe eating bandwidth

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Searchapp.exe eating bandwidth: Hi,I have an issue where when gaming I get Ping spikes looks like bandwidth usage, when I check task manager it doesn't show anything in particular but in resource monitor in the network view I have several instances of searchapp.exe running and using up the bandwidth. When...
  8. Delivery Optimization eating all my bandwidth

in Windows 10 Customization
    Delivery Optimization eating all my bandwidth: there's a service called Delivery Optimization keeps running in the background and uses my all internet bandwidth everyday, even If I stop it it starts again after sometime...
  9. Window 10 eating my Wifi bandwidth

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Window 10 eating my Wifi bandwidth: Whenever I start my laptop and check 'data usage' after couple of minutes, I found 'system' is using my internet bandwidth in size of hundreds MBs. I urgently need to get rid of this. I tried many tricks: Set wifi on metered connection Disable Windows Update service...
  10. Microsoft is eating all of my bandwidth

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft is eating all of my bandwidth: I have limited (3Mbps) bandwidth and most of the time my PC is asleep. And when I go to use it I can wait 10 to 20 minutes for it to download who-knows-what. So it's unusable for anything over the internet during that time. I have Windows 10 Professional and have used the...