Windows 10: Windows processes suddenly using more memory

Discus and support Windows processes suddenly using more memory in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; A while ago I discovered that the memory usage was already 40% without anything running on my computer (I just rebooted earlier so it should be more... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by allam447635, Nov 27, 2017.

1. Windows processes suddenly using more memory

A while ago I discovered that the memory usage was already 40% without anything running on my computer (I just rebooted earlier so it should be more like 30%). I then discovered a process called Service Host: Local System using nearly 200 MB of memory, and now the Windows processes in general seem to be using more memory: as I write this, the Desktop Window Manager is currently using 33 MB of memory (which is twice as much as normal) and earlier it was using 47 MB. Service Host: Local System (Network Restricted) is currently using 80 MB of memory, which is higher than it normally does. Why did this

:)

allam447635, Nov 27, 2017

2. System process consume much more memory.

Hi Nastynate,

We appreciate your time and efforts to get back to us.

Hope the above information will help others to fix the issue.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Nov 27, 2017
  3. System process consume much more memory.

I think I found the culprit when closing chrome the memory usage of "System" goes from 3gb to 100mb.

Nastynate123, Nov 27, 2017
  4. MrHudson Win User

Windows processes suddenly using more memory

I had mine just idling and memory will increase up to 56%. Edge has 99.5 MB, iHeart Radio has 42.4 MB.

MrHudson, Nov 27, 2017
  5. LMiller7 Win User
    Memory usage in any modern OS is highly dynamic. Memory usage of an individual process is by no means a fixed value but can vary by a factor of 10 or more, sometimes much more. None of this in itself indicates a problem or cause for concern. The system memory manager maintains control of memory usage, always with the goal of maximizing overall system performance. Factors influencing memory usage are: How much memory you have, what the process is doing now and what it was doing earlier in the session, and what other processes are doing and what they were doing previously. All of this is VERY complex. You can't directly compare usage on your system to another.

LMiller7, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows processes suddenly using more memory

1. Windows processes suddenly using more memory - Similar Threads - processes suddenly using

2. Game using more memory than it should

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game using more memory than it should: I can not load into my game Rust it crashes not long into loading and i checked with task manager and it seems to be getting to about 90% memory using like 15gb and i have 16gb then it crashes but while it is crashing it for about 10 seconds i cant click and my mouse is...
  3. Game using more memory than it should

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game using more memory than it should: I can not load into my game Rust it crashes not long into loading and i checked with task manager and it seems to be getting to about 90% memory using like 15gb and i have 16gb then it crashes but while it is crashing it for about 10 seconds i cant click and my mouse is...
  4. Windows process that controls memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows process that controls memory: Hello! I am using many processes that consume CPU and ram, their use is quite large, but they do not need it, what I do to make them consume as little as possible I use the lowest priority of Windows and the "Mem Reduct" program, where their function is to pass part of the...
  5. Windows process that controls memory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows process that controls memory: Hello! I am using many processes that consume CPU and ram, their use is quite large, but they do not need it, what I do to make them consume as little as possible I use the lowest priority of Windows and the "Mem Reduct" program, where their function is to pass part of the...
  6. Windows process that controls memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. windows 10 suddenly slow because of "system and compressed memory" process

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows 10 suddenly slow because of "system and compressed memory" process: Im using 1511 and It was totally great since the installation (about 1 month) but today this process called "system and compressed memory" started eating all of my disk, sometimes all of the RAM and the usage stays 90%+ and freezes randomly. This hasn't happened ever before....
  8. Request: Why suddenly all the processes using lots of memory after restart? I uninstalled...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Request: Why suddenly all the processes using lots of memory after restart? I uninstalled...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Zombie_Wizard999 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/if42z5/request_why_suddenly_all_the_processes_using_lots/
  9. Getting Windows 10 to use more physical memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Getting Windows 10 to use more physical memory: Can I configure Windows 10 to load larger portions of processes in use thereby using more physical memory? Right now only about 10 of the 32GBs of physical memory is being used and lots of page faults are occurring. I have the page file set to 0MB. 32GBs of physical memory...
  10. System and Compressed Memory Process Uses High CPU, Low Memory

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System and Compressed Memory Process Uses High CPU, Low Memory: Several problems are happening. I don’t know if the extent to which they are related but here they are: Earlier today, I attempted, but failed, to install the latest update for the AMD Catalyst Control Center (CCC). In one place, a message said that it had installed...