Windows 10: Windows processes taking up high ram.

Discus and support Windows processes taking up high ram. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey, I have a Fujitsu Lifebook A555 Laptop, Intel i3 5th Gen and 4gb of ram. When I look at the task manager, I see windows processes taking most of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jyotirmay Kumar Jha, Jan 3, 2020.

1. Windows processes taking up high ram.

Hey,

I have a Fujitsu Lifebook A555 Laptop, Intel i3 5th Gen and 4gb of ram. When I look at the task manager, I see windows processes taking most of my RAM. When sorted by RAM usage, this is the order:

Windows processes taking up high ram. c0277152-5b8c-45e5-997d-fe9559fe5b53?upload=true.png

Cortana, Superfetch, Antimalware Service Executable, and Desktop Window Manager take up about 300mb of RAM which results in lags during work and gameplays.

So, what I really mean to ask is, if there is a way to stop them or make them use the minimum amount of ram?

Thanks,

Jyotirmay Kumar Jha.

:)

Jyotirmay Kumar Jha, Jan 3, 2020
  2. GBCrosby Win User

System and compressed memory high disk usage during file copy

Thank you Amarjeet_Paul.

I spent many more hours than I had hoped this past week reading and trying others' suggestions from this community on how to reduce high RAM usage due to ntoskrnl.exe. The "System and compressed memory" process remained the top consumer of RAM, using 500-900MB,
    among all other processes running. I deemed it to be the likely culprit in making my computer use frustratingly sluggish. After completing your
    third step, steps 1. & 2. provided no improvement in my case, the "System and compressed memory" process RAM usage has plummeted from the top of the Task Manager Process list to the bottom, running at a remarkable 0.1MB! That's a whole lot less than
    1% of the targeted process' gluttony. You're hired! Ps. I'll be keeping an eye on the process' use as I get back to normal operations, and be back if it floats to high in the list. Or if the registry fix you suggested has compromised use in any way. Please
    explain in simple terms what the insertion of your registry modification is doing.

Thanks again.

Geoff

GBCrosby, Jan 3, 2020
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Jan 3, 2020
  4. Johan45 Win User

Windows processes taking up high ram.

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jan 3, 2020
Thema:

Windows processes taking up high ram.

1. Windows processes taking up high ram. - Similar Threads - processes taking high

2. Windows taking up lots of RAM or memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows taking up lots of RAM or memory: Recently I've found my laptop to be using lots of memory when i don't even have anything open. It often goes to 100% CPU on start up. I have a pretty good laptop too Dell inspiron2n1 7306. I believe this has caused some other issues too. Any ideas? - ive tried most of the...
  3. Windows taking up lots of RAM or memory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows taking up lots of RAM or memory: Recently I've found my laptop to be using lots of memory when i don't even have anything open. It often goes to 100% CPU on start up. I have a pretty good laptop too Dell inspiron2n1 7306. I believe this has caused some other issues too. Any ideas? - ive tried most of the...
  4. second explorer process taking too much ram

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    second explorer process taking too much ram: I have a secondary explorer.exe process that's only showing when I sign in to my user account (not other accounts) that's taking 2.5GB of ram, I tried ending the process tree but it keeps restarting everytime. I used malwarebytes and ccleaner but I still have the issue. I...
  5. Antimalware service executable service is taking high cpu and high ram.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Antimalware service executable service is taking high cpu and high ram.: Hi, Antimalware service executable service is taking high cpu almost 60% and high memory even when windows defender is not running a scan. I have been facing this issue from the past week and this service is continuously taking high cpu and high ram even when I am not idle....
  6. Very high RAM usage being idle and by windows processes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Very high RAM usage being idle and by windows processes: [ATTACH]I am having very high RAM usage a little bit after turning on my PC. This is a problem for games that take up a lot of my RAM space. Can anyone tell me what to do to lessen the idle RAM usage?...
  7. High Ram Usage But Process Usage Don't Add up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    High Ram Usage But Process Usage Don't Add up: Hey everyone I've been having this problem for a long time where I don't know what to do where my ram usage is very high while the programs' usages don't add up to it This happens all the time while I'm casually browsing on Edge or Chrome and it would reach 60-70% where I...
  8. Service host processes using high RAM

Service host processes using high RAM: Hi, I've had my pc for about 3 months now and since a month it keeps on crashing. When the pc is in idle without any programs open it will use 50-70 percent of my RAM. There are a lot of 50-100 mb service hosts running. As shown in the pictures below. [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  9. Something is taking up RAM?

Something is taking up RAM?: Hi!! Im having a problem that something is steadily using up more and more of my computers memory as I use it. I haven't even been using it for more than an hour today before having to restart it because 90%+ is being used on something that I just cannot find. Just now...
  10. High Ram usage and too many Svchost process

High Ram usage and too many Svchost process: My Pc was running Slow so i checked all applications from task manager and i found around 92 svchost processes and RAM usage above 80% and no apps were using the RAM. Please tell me a solution of this problem.[ATTACH]...