Windows 10: Windows Product ID and Serial Key

Discus and support Windows Product ID and Serial Key in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello y'all, I am a doofus. Now, that I've got that out of the way, I'll jump right into it. I got a laptop 2 years ago from Amazon and was mighty... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/fayeflyswatter, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Windows Product ID and Serial Key

Hello y'all,

I am a doofus.

Now, that I've got that out of the way, I'll jump right into it. I got a laptop 2 years ago from Amazon and was mighty pissed at its speed. After booting, if I had to open Chrome or MS Excel, it easily took 4 to 5 minutes to do that.

So, I did what any self respecting PC user would do: I formatted it. Before doing so, I used my faster than light brain and took a photo of the Product ID that I accessed after right clicking the THIS PC icon and flight to PROPERTIES. it's an alpha numeric 20 digit code.

After formatting it and disabling certain unnecessary services, I went ahead to input the supposed SERIAL KEY.

To my shock it didn't accept the numerals at all and three up a message which said that certain letters couldn't be in a SERIAL KEY. This lead to a Sudden Clarity Clarence moment and I realized I goofed up big time.

Question: Is there a possibility of getting my SERIAL KEY of I have the PRODUCT ID?

submitted by /u/fayeflyswatter
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/fayeflyswatter, Jan 13, 2020

2. Product ID

Hi Russell,

We appreciate the information you've provided regarding the product ID. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you do the following steps:

• Click on Start and type: Command Prompt.
    • Right click on it and select Run as administrator.
    • Type: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey.
    • Press Enter. That should give you the product key to type in the activation.
    Get back to us if you need further assistance.

PreciousLeb, Jan 13, 2020
  3. maranna Win User
    product key/id

Is the product key different from the product id?
    I have a 25 character key for windows and on the profile page it says product id with a different number. Then on the right it says change product key. This confusing.to me. Could you please explain in case I have to reinstall.

maranna, Jan 13, 2020
  4. Windows Product ID and Serial Key

i know the product id but forget the product key

Hello,

There is still a way to search for your product key. Kindly follow the steps below for you to know your product key:

• Press Windows key + X
    • Click Command Prompt (admin)
    • Enter the following command: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey
    • Then hit Enter
    The product key will be revealed, copy the product key then enter it.

Give us an update on what happens.

Anthony Cato, Jan 13, 2020
Thema:

Windows Product ID and Serial Key

1. Windows Product ID and Serial Key - Similar Threads - Product Serial Key

2. PRODUCT KEY PRODUCT SERIAL NUMBER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PRODUCT KEY PRODUCT SERIAL NUMBER: PRODUCT KEY SERIAL NUMBER https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-product-serial-number/3aca1855-ce5b-4804-84fd-cde286005d68
  3. PRODUCT KEY PRODUCT SERIAL NUMBER

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PRODUCT KEY PRODUCT SERIAL NUMBER: PRODUCT KEY SERIAL NUMBER https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-product-serial-number/3aca1855-ce5b-4804-84fd-cde286005d68
  4. Regarding the Product ID and Product Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regarding the Product ID and Product Key: Sir i have lost my product key details and unfortunately i have also downloaded the fake windows can I get it back as my on my registerd email.i will be very thankfukl for this thankimg you...
  5. Regarding the Product ID and Product Key

Regarding the Product ID and Product Key: Sir i have lost my product key details and unfortunately i have also downloaded the fake windows can I get it back as my on my registerd email.i will be very thankfukl for this thankimg you...
  6. Is it safe to show my device ID, product ID and Serial Number?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it safe to show my device ID, product ID and Serial Number?: Can someone please tell me it is safe or not if I show my laptop's Device ID, product ID and Serial Number to others ?Can my laptop be hacked or remotely accessed?Thanks for giving your precious time....
  7. Is it safe to show my device ID, product ID and Serial Number?

Is it safe to show my device ID, product ID and Serial Number?: Can someone please tell me it is safe or not if I show my laptop's Device ID, product ID and Serial Number to others ?Can my laptop be hacked or remotely accessed?Thanks for giving your precious time....
  8. Is it safe to show my device ID, product ID and Serial Number?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. Product Key from Serial Number

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Product Key from Serial Number: Good day Would like to find out if there is a way to recover the product key from the License serial number. We bought 2 Windows 10 IOT ENT LTSB 2016 licenses. They arrived in an envelope. Cleaners mistook the envelope for trash and threw it away. We...
  10. product key/id

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    product key/id: Is the product key different from the product id? I have a 25 character key for windows and on the profile page it says product id with a different number. Then on the right it says change product key. This confusing.to me. Could you please explain in case I have to...