Windows 10: Windows Product ID but Key is lost after Factory Reset, can i recover it?

Discus and support Windows Product ID but Key is lost after Factory Reset, can i recover it? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello everybody, lately i had to factory reset my machine, because of security issues. After that my Windows Pro License was lost. Thanks Microsoft.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by LukasSchiltknecht, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Windows Product ID but Key is lost after Factory Reset, can i recover it?

Hello everybody,

lately i had to factory reset my machine, because of security issues. After that my Windows Pro License was lost. Thanks Microsoft. No not buying it again.

Is there a way to recover the Windows Pro Product Key if i have a screenshot with the Product ID?

I know, that no one is going to read this. Greed does not create communities, so Microsoft will never achieve anything like a "community". This Editor even marks the word Microsoft with a red line as if it was wrong.

Anyways every bit of help will be appreciated.

P.S.: Word of advice, switch to Linux. As soon as possible. You know what happened with the Internet Explorer. You know what happened with all your fancy software running on XP in every hospital near you. You know what happened to Bing ... So you sure know what will happen, as soon as someone finds out where all your data goes and why world economy can be manipulated by a simple proxy in the US. Yes Mark Monitor, i am staring at you.

:)

LukasSchiltknecht, Mar 25, 2020
  2. Tejas Win User

How to recover lost Microsoft Office 2013 Product Key after Windows 10 Reset PC

Although the Windows Lost Product Key question has been asked before, this is slightly different.
    I did 'Reset this PC' from Windows 10 Recovery without taking a backup of the system or files. All my files were safe but the Licensed Microsoft Office 2013 was removed. I have unfortunately misplaced the MS Office 2013 Student and Home product box. I have also checked with Windows Helpdesk if any of my emails are associated with the MS Office and the Microsoft Account; sadly, none are.

I read that that the 'Reset' cleans the registry and removes the apps. I am thinking of two ways to try and find the key

1. Use all the Free Key finders around then buy a paid one if they don't work
    2. Use Recuva or a similar tool to try and recover the deleted old Windows Registry files

Has anyone faced a similar issue or can you think of an alternate way to try and get the Key?

Tejas, Mar 25, 2020
  3. Recover a lost Product key for windows

My Product key for Windows was lost when my hard drive crashed.

The Mail with the product key was on the same hard drive.

The product key belong to an upgrade of windows purchased online.

How can I recover my product key from Windows?

Marja CathrinHedlund, Mar 25, 2020
  4. Windows Product ID but Key is lost after Factory Reset, can i recover it?

factory reset to 8.0 lost free windows 10 install

Did a factory restore and it reverted back to 8.0. I lost the 8.1 update and windows 10. I lost my product key as well. I have to have step by step instruction to get lost updates of windows8.1 and windows 10 back.

SrMaureenEgan, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

Windows Product ID but Key is lost after Factory Reset, can i recover it?

1. Windows Product ID but Key is lost after Factory Reset, can i recover it? - Similar Threads - Product Key lost

2. Is it possible to recover product key by product id?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to recover product key by product id?: product id=00339-10000-00000-AA016 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-possible-to-recover-product-key-by-product/ab8dc814-0774-448d-9b11-a5bbabd65242
  3. Is it possible to recover product key by product id?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to recover product key by product id?: product id=00339-10000-00000-AA016 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-possible-to-recover-product-key-by-product/ab8dc814-0774-448d-9b11-a5bbabd65242
  4. can i recover my original product key after system reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can i recover my original product key after system reset: can ,organizer'sactivation key affect my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-recover-my-original-product-key-after-system/453fdc09-1b2d-4523-b114-17139f1a2889
  5. can i recover my original product key after system reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    can i recover my original product key after system reset: can ,organizer'sactivation key affect my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-recover-my-original-product-key-after-system/453fdc09-1b2d-4523-b114-17139f1a2889
  6. Lost my windows product key after a factory reset and reinstall windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost my windows product key after a factory reset and reinstall windows.: I reseted my computer to clear everything and start the computer as new.But when I was done it said that my key would stop in a couple days, then it said for maybe 3 days. Now I only have "Activate windows"glued stuck to my screen at the bottom right of the screen. And I have...
  7. Lost my windows product key after a factory reset and reinstall windows.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost my windows product key after a factory reset and reinstall windows.: I reseted my computer to clear everything and start the computer as new.But when I was done it said that my key would stop in a couple days, then it said for maybe 3 days. Now I only have "Activate windows"glued stuck to my screen at the bottom right of the screen. And I have...
  8. Lost my windows product key after a factory reset and reinstall windows.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Can I recover files after a factory reset?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I recover files after a factory reset?: Title. I was trying to fix something on my brothers laptop and all his school files were in a one drive folder. I reset the laptop thinking they were all saved to his one drive cloud and now he has lost everything. I’ve seen a lot of tutorials on YouTube etc. for apps that...
  10. Recovering lost Product Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Recovering lost Product Key: How do I activate Windows 10 and get out of S-Mode if I have forgotten my key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovering-lost-product-key/6df5818f-0bf6-4f38-88a5-ce1d29b54e74"