Windows 10: Windows product key asks for renewal but not needed

Discus and support Windows product key asks for renewal but not needed in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I have activated Windows 10 years ago on my PC and now it is asking me to renew the subscription as soon it will expire. I am not sure how this is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by SpoolEtto8, Apr 1, 2021.

1. Windows product key asks for renewal but not needed

Hi, I have activated Windows 10 years ago on my PC and now it is asking me to renew the subscription as soon it will expire. I am not sure how this is possible, as it never happened to me and I didn't get a timed Windows. However, I think the problem lies within the fact my account is now linked to my university account. Could it be that my university's Windows access has expired and my PC has been warning me about that? If that is the case, how can I remove it? I don't need my university's Windows as I already have my license.

Thanks in advance

:)

SpoolEtto8, Apr 1, 2021
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant asking for product key

So make sure that you are attempting to upgrade to the Home Single Language Edition. The "about" system settings screen will tell you if it is 32-bits or 64-bits (operating system):

Windows product key asks for renewal but not needed [​IMG]

Using the media creation tool, you want the matching 32-bit or 64-bit Single Language Edition:

From the Windows 10 ISO download site, it's just listed as Single Language Edition:

Doing an upgrade to the correct edition Anniversary Update should not ask for a product key.

NavyLCDR, Apr 1, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    Why was I not asked for a product key when upgrading to Win 10?

According to your spec you have Win 10 Pro, but perhaps that doesn't reflect your PC.

You haven't stated which edition of Win 10 you have on this machine, nor what your Win 10 key is for.

For example, if you already have Win 10 Pro and your key is Win 10 Home, that would be a retrograde step.

For interest only:
    Change Product Key in Windows 10

More on product key if you search this list or look at 'Related Tutorials' in the above.
    Windows 10 Tutorial Index

dalchina, Apr 1, 2021
  4. Sher Amo Win User

Windows product key asks for renewal but not needed

Product key

Hi Megan,

A product key is used when activating a software.
    To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps that can resolve your concern, we'd like to ask the following questions:

• What product are you trying to activate?
    • Are you looking for the product key to activate your Office application?
    • Which version of Office are you trying to activate? To check this, you can perform the steps posted on this
      link.
    • Are you looking for the product key to activate your Windows?

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Apr 1, 2021
Thema:

Windows product key asks for renewal but not needed

1. Windows product key asks for renewal but not needed - Similar Threads - product key asks

2. Need Windows Product Key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need Windows Product Key: I need the 25-character product key/digital license. My PC came with Windows 10 installed. This was many years ago. I don't have the original packaging. The code isn't anywhere on the PC. I need it to set up an NVMe SSD....
  3. Need Windows Product Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Windows Product Key: I need the 25-character product key/digital license. My PC came with Windows 10 installed. This was many years ago. I don't have the original packaging. The code isn't anywhere on the PC. I need it to set up an NVMe SSD....
  4. Need Windows Product Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Did not ask for the product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Did not ask for the product key: Hi recently the laptop which i had, lenovo ideapad got stuck on loading screen and i tried to reinstall windows 10 using an external usb from microsoft's website. Prepared the usb using a macbook as that was the only other computer i had. Install completed even though it...
  6. Product Key Need

Product Key Need: Dear Sir, This is to request you to kindly provide Product key for Activation Windows 10 Pro. Details of my Windows 10 Pro is mentioned below: Edition Windows 10 Pro Activation Product ID 00331-10000-00001-AA316 Product Key need. Thanking you. Vinita...
  7. Need Windows key product

Need Windows key product: Split from this thread. I need a key product for my windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-windows-key-product/5b49aa0e-2401-4c01-b9d2-b53d14e2e137
  8. Windows 10 product Key. Don't ask me for the product key.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 product Key. Don't ask me for the product key.: Hi everyone! I am installing Windows 10 in a PC's friend ... and she had a hard disk with Windows 10 but I have installed a new ssd and I have a new key producto to install Windows 10. Well, I have been installed from 0 Windows 10, apart of the other one in this new ssd and...
  9. Windows10 asking for Product Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows10 asking for Product Key: Dear Friends: I bought my notebook with Windows 7 as OS, and I paid for the Win7 product key during the purchase. Sometime in year 2016/2017, this OS was auto-upgraded to Win10 by Microsoft. Now MS is asking me to re-activate again with a Win 10 product key, which I do...
  10. Windows asking for product key

Windows asking for product key: My windows 10 (which was installed already when I bought my PC) is now saying my product key needs to be updated. I managed to find out my product key, but when I inserted it in the according field, (change product key) it says it cant connect to my organization. What is...