Windows 10: Windows Product Key Classification

Discus and support Windows Product Key Classification in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi all, I cannot turn on my laptop due to an issue on disk so the device shuts down quickly. My question is I have windows product key sticker at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Gangstarr, Dec 26, 2020.

1. Gangstarr Win User

Windows Product Key Classification

Hi all,

I cannot turn on my laptop due to an issue on disk so the device shuts down quickly.
    My question is I have windows product key sticker at least and I hope to use this one in a fresh installation.
    But the problem is Im not sure if this license works on a different device or not.
    Is it possible to see what type of windows license I have through a Microsoft page or something else?

Thank you

p.s: License belongs to windows 8 and upgraded to windows 10 previously

:)

Gangstarr, Dec 26, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Products and Classification selection for Windows 10 versions in WSUS

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are having trouble in getting patches through WSUS. I suggest you to refer the articles

Configure classifications and products to synchronize
    and

Select Products and Classifications
    and check if the information is helpful.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to post your query in
    TechNet forums
    , where we have support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on WSUS to help you with the appropriate details.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 26, 2020
  3. Convert a Windows 8pro product key to a Windows 10pro produkt key

Hi Andre,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to Uninstall the license using the following steps.

• Press Windows key + X
    • Click Command Prompt (Admin)
    • At the command prompt, type: slmgr.vbs -upk
    • Press Enter, this will uninstall the product key from the computer.
    Further on, install Windows 8.1 activate the copy with the product key on the new machine. Then again upgrade the same to Windows 10 using Window Update or Media Creation Tool.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 26, 2020
  4. AndreTen Win User

Where is my Product Key if I want to re-install?

Like davidhk said. But if you really want to see your windows key, I would suggest Belarc advisor. It will give you some useful information about your system, product keys of your software is among them (not only Microsoft, you will have listed most of your keys).

AndreTen, Dec 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Product Key Classification - Similar Threads - Product Key Classification

2. classification of a question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    classification of a question: I cannot make up my mind which category my questions fit into. I have a collection of problems which all fit loosely into Windows 10 because that is the operating system I have. But they boil down to confusions concerning User Accounts. I have asked a question but cannot find...
  3. classification of a question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    classification of a question: I cannot make up my mind which category my questions fit into. I have a collection of problems which all fit loosely into Windows 10 because that is the operating system I have. But they boil down to confusions concerning User Accounts. I have asked a question but cannot find...
  4. classification of a question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Headphone classification error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphone classification error: I'm having a recurring issue where my headphones and headset microphone both plugged in through the front audio jacks suddenly get merged with my speakers plugged in the rear audio jack. This causes my headset's microphone to no longer be identified as a microphone. I also...
  6. Windows product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows product key: I cant seem to activate my windows 10, I get this error 0x8007007B https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-product-key/ba67aaf6-d623-41c6-8416-48f57e6f9841
  7. Windows product key

Windows product key: Can i change my product key? To change the product key may i get a windows update because i am stuck that all are using new windows features and i am using the old windows version . Please help.... Tell me. what is main thing to update windows version. What should be there...
  8. Classification system in new contexts.

Classification system in new contexts.: I would like to tourn bach to the version before the last. I'm sorry but non like Yours classification . I want to decide Were , How and When to do somethink. How to retourn back !!!!!!!!...
  9. WINDOW PRODUCT KEY

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    WINDOW PRODUCT KEY: HOW TO FIND WINDOW PRODUCT KEY FOR ACTIVATION https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-product-key/65a5bf94-e07d-4ab5-81f6-0fc329936ed5"
  10. Products and Classification selection for Windows 10 versions in WSUS

Products and Classification selection for Windows 10 versions in WSUS: We are using WSUS to deploy MS critical and security patches to Windows machines in our environment. With Windows 10 we are having trouble getting patches from WSUS. I am not sure if I have missed any selection in products and classification. Can someone guide me the right...