Windows 10: Windows Product Key Installation

Discus and support Windows Product Key Installation in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello! Recently I uninstalled windows 10 pro from one of my old computers a Toshiba Satellite, I used an application to find the product key since I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Rhythm8503, Oct 6, 2018.

1. Windows Product Key Installation

Hello!

Recently I uninstalled windows 10 pro from one of my old computers a Toshiba Satellite, I used an application to find the product key since I couldn't find its box since it was probably thrown out. I wanted to Activate one of my computers a Dell studio 1749 with an unactivated Windows 8.1, when I tried typing in the product key it responded with "The Key didn't work, please check it and try again". When I tried installing it through cmd it still didn't work, please help.

:)

Rhythm8503, Oct 6, 2018

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 6, 2018
  3. Windows Product Key

A friend of mine has an all-in-one that came with Windows 8 pre-installed. He erased the original OS thinking he could install another version of Windows 8. One thing he encountered, that he didn't expect, the BIOS/UEFI has a password. So, basically he is locked out from installing another OS. His BIOS has the product key nestled inside. Is it possible to find out which version the product key belong to?

GoFigureItOut, Oct 6, 2018
  4. Windows Product Key Installation

Convert a Windows 8pro product key to a Windows 10pro produkt key

Hi Andre,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to Uninstall the license using the following steps.

• Press Windows key + X
    • Click Command Prompt (Admin)
    • At the command prompt, type: slmgr.vbs -upk
    • Press Enter, this will uninstall the product key from the computer.
    Further on, install Windows 8.1 activate the copy with the product key on the new machine. Then again upgrade the same to Windows 10 using Window Update or Media Creation Tool.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 6, 2018
Thema:

Windows Product Key Installation

1. Windows Product Key Installation - Similar Threads - Product Key Installation

2. How to install Product Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to install Product Key: Hey Mates, Using 'slmgr.vbs/upk' ,I accidentally uninstalled product key .Now again I want to install product key how can I do so ,and even Recently I made the setup of Windows OS in my laptop and everywhere I encounter with errors like command not recognized even unable to...
  3. How to install Product Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to install Product Key: Hey Mates, Using 'slmgr.vbs/upk' ,I accidentally uninstalled product key .Now again I want to install product key how can I do so ,and even Recently I made the setup of Windows OS in my laptop and everywhere I encounter with errors like command not recognized even unable to...
  4. Windows 10 product key not installed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 product key not installed: I tried installing a windows 10 product key on a new harddrive in my asus laptop and my laptop got unplugged and died before windows could finish installing. I can’t reinstall it either. I’m not sure what to do....
  5. Installation with Windows Word Product Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Installation with Windows Word Product Key: I have Windows Word Product Key and now wish to install Word on a new PC in Windows 10. How? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installation-with-windows-word-product-key/ea7947fa-6914-4e7c-bc4f-6344941f6809
  6. Reveal Installed Product Key

Reveal Installed Product Key: Hi, I am trying to find my Installed product by using the wmic path softwarelicensingservice get OA3xOriginalProductKey. But after hitting the enter on administrator command prompt windows its displays nothing but empty whitespace and exit. can you please help me with...
  7. Install issue with product key

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Install issue with product key: Hi all, Been building and using for decades now... I am building a couple of new Win10 boxes and purchased 3 Win10 license keys on E-bay as I have done before. This time however, the install instructions say to use one of THEIR install keys "To insure Windows is...
  8. Windows 10 installation with product key

Windows 10 installation with product key: Where do I enter my Windows 10 Home Edition Product Key for installation. (This was purchased by my grand daughter whom works @ Microsoft :) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-installation-with-product-key/6460e4c2-9982-45a2-8340-0e4777981ee7
  9. Product Key installed

Product Key installed: How can I see what product key is installed on my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-installed/cb899d5a-da4f-4d55-aaf8-a66bd88befae"
  10. Product key problem on install

Product key problem on install: I have downloaded Windows 10 to an external hard drive and tried to install it. It asks for a product key and I have tried every one that I have for both Windows 7 and 8. I have even used the one copied from the computer using Speccy. None of them work so I am stuck. Any...