Windows 10: Windows Product Key KMS

Discus and support Windows Product Key KMS in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So i used a way to get free windows product key only to personalize my desktop wallpaper but now when i try removing the key it gets removed then comes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by reqonlmao, Jan 18, 2022.

1. reqonlmao Win User

Windows Product Key KMS

So i used a way to get free windows product key only to personalize my desktop wallpaper but now when i try removing the key it gets removed then comes back not even 1 hr later and i used a kms server to get it for free how do i revert back to my old kms server and i will just stick with the watermark until i can buy and offical key but for now i just want answers to remove this orgz product key for good and not having to worry about my data being taken

:)

reqonlmao, Jan 18, 2022

2. Windows 10 product keys and activation - and the KMS angle

I raised the same queries in the Seven Forum where I have long been a member and (thanks, Bree...) have had some useful advice over there. I also posted here as I realised I was making a transition, and maybe the Win10 experts would be able to assist.

I think the quote above describes almost exactly the situation with my (second hand, formerly corporate) ThinkPad.

It now emerges that my ThinkPad originally had Win 8 Pro (RTM...?) as OEM; probably had that replaced by a corporate OS image and/or Win 10 Pro.... hence the KMS activation problem; and according to Bree, I could now do a clean install of Win10 which would find and be activated by the embedded Win 8 key.

If that's so, then I have a clear route to follow. Just need a step-by-step set of instructions for that clean install. Is there a tutorial, and/or any pitfalls to be aware of?

br1anstorm, Jan 18, 2022
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    Windows 10 product keys and activation - and the KMS angle

Changing the product key to the generic Windows 10 product key will reset activation to the standard retail channel for activation. It might just activate (if there was a previous digital license for Windows 10 for that computer established with Microsoft). Once Windows 10 is back on the retail activation channel, then more than likely changing the product key to the Windows 8 product key using the same method may work.

NavyLCDR, Jan 18, 2022
  4. Superfly Win User

Windows Product Key KMS

Windows 10 product keys and activation - and the KMS angle

I just tested a Win 8 RTM Professional OEM key on clean install and got the same issue.

Windows Product Key KMS [​IMG]

It is accepted in the change Product Key dialogue, however.

Superfly, Jan 18, 2022
Thema:

Windows Product Key KMS

1. Windows Product Key KMS - Similar Threads - Product Key KMS

2. KMS product key acttivation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KMS product key acttivation: Hi, so today my friend told me to ask on chaatgpt for free windows keys and he said there are no problems which can occur.. I did the thing but soon it says imrunning non-genuine Windows 10 Enterprise Retailer which i dont know why it has now, i want to find my old product...
  3. KMS product key acttivation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KMS product key acttivation: Hi, so today my friend told me to ask on chaatgpt for free windows keys and he said there are no problems which can occur.. I did the thing but soon it says imrunning non-genuine Windows 10 Enterprise Retailer which i dont know why it has now, i want to find my old product...
  4. so i accidently use a kms product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    so i accidently use a kms product key: basicaly what happend i tried those free windows 10 pro product keys and i used it after that i try to put a new key in it shows you need to connect to your orgnizations activation service which is wierd because this is my personal laptop i tried to reset it as it came to the...
  5. so i accidently use a kms product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    so i accidently use a kms product key: basicaly what happend i tried those free windows 10 pro product keys and i used it after that i try to put a new key in it shows you need to connect to your orgnizations activation service which is wierd because this is my personal laptop i tried to reset it as it came to the...
  6. so i accidently use a kms product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows Product Key KMS

Windows Product Key KMS: So i used a way to get free windows product key only to personalize my desktop wallpaper but now when i try removing the key it gets removed then comes back not even 1 hr later and i used a kms server to get it for free how do i revert back to my old kms server and i will...
  8. Windows Product Key KMS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Product Key KMS: So i used a way to get free windows product key only to personalize my desktop wallpaper but now when i try removing the key it gets removed then comes back not even 1 hr later and i used a kms server to get it for free how do i revert back to my old kms server and i will...
  9. Windows 10 product keys and activation - and the KMS angle

Windows 10 product keys and activation - and the KMS angle: I have been a Windows 7 user and am now obviously being pushed to upgrade to Windows 10. I happen to have acquired a couple of second-hand laptops which already have Windows 10 installed. But I have a query about activation. One of these second-hand laptops is obviously an...
  10. Tried to remove KMS product key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Tried to remove KMS product key: So I was an idiot and used the KMS product key activation software, then fast forward 2 years (did not need to replace the key) I decided I wanted to remove it. So I tried changing the product key, it said Windows 10 was not activated and theres no product key, so I reset my...