Windows 10: windows product key not working after installing win11 onto a ssd

Discus and support windows product key not working after installing win11 onto a ssd in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; after figuring out why my western digital m.2 wasn't working i decided to use it for the purpose i planned on using it for, housing the os. now after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Glimmingdjghost, Oct 24, 2021.

1. windows product key not working after installing win11 onto a ssd

after figuring out why my western digital m.2 wasn't working i decided to use it for the purpose i planned on using it for, housing the os. now after getting it installed i had the infinite wisdom of formatting the hdd not sure if this affects it, now after doing this i tried activating windows 11 using a windows 10 key from the ssd, this results in a 0xc004c008 code, i've tried changing my product code, i've been inspecting my devices and its essentially gone now.now im stumped, is there something that i can do to get that code off or did i accidentally brick my product code

:)

Glimmingdjghost, Oct 24, 2021
  2. Marcel Win User

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Once your key is registered with your motherboard you can always exchange the hdd for an ssd, just install it on the new ssd, after successful activation on your old hdd, windows will be activated on the new ssd.

Also a clean install with a windows 7 key will work, just skip the serial and afterwards go to change productkey and fill in the w7 key.

Marcel, Oct 24, 2021
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Oct 24, 2021
  4. windows product key not working after installing win11 onto a ssd

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 24, 2021
Thema:

windows product key not working after installing win11 onto a ssd

1. windows product key not working after installing win11 onto a ssd - Similar Threads - product key working

2. How to properly install windows onto an SSD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to properly install windows onto an SSD?: My PC has two drives, and HDD and SSD, and boots from the HDD.So far, I have downloaded the Windows 10 installation media onto a flashdrive. I haven't installed it there. I moved the exe to the SSD and ran it there, where I presumed windows downloaded. My PC restarted. I went...
  3. Activation of Win11 Clean install with Win10 product key doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation of Win11 Clean install with Win10 product key doesn't work: Hi, I'm located in The Netherlands and running licensed Win10 Home English.I have 2nd Hard drive on which I want to do a clean install of Win11. Just to get used to Win11 and migrate slowly, app by app, to Win11.My PC meets all the requirements for Win11 and I had no hardware...
  4. Activation of Win11 Clean install with Win10 product key doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activation of Win11 Clean install with Win10 product key doesn't work: Hi, I'm located in The Netherlands and running licensed Win10 Home English.I have 2nd Hard drive on which I want to do a clean install of Win11. Just to get used to Win11 and migrate slowly, app by app, to Win11.My PC meets all the requirements for Win11 and I had no hardware...
  5. windows product key not working after installing win11 onto a ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows product key not working after installing win11 onto a ssd: after figuring out why my western digital m.2 wasn't working i decided to use it for the purpose i planned on using it for, housing the os. now after getting it installed i had the infinite wisdom of formatting the hdd not sure if this affects it, now after doing this i tried...
  6. Product Key on Dead SSD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Product Key on Dead SSD: I recently had an SSD failure which necessitated sending the part back to the manufacturer and receiving a replacement. I am trying to load Windows 10 onto my new SSD, but I can't use the product key because it is still active on the old computer, and I don't know how to...
  7. Product Key on Dead SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Product Key on Dead SSD: I recently had an SSD failure which necessitated sending the part back to the manufacturer and receiving a replacement. I am trying to load Windows 10 onto my new SSD, but I can't use the product key because it is still active on the old computer, and I don't know how to...
  8. Installing Windows onto an external SSD?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Windows onto an external SSD?: So, Windows 11 builds are coming, we all know that. I'm wondering if there is a way to clean install Windows (can't imagine the process would be any different for Win11 than Win10) onto a 2.5inch SATA SSD in an external USB box. Why? Because I don't want to sacrifice my...
  9. Windows 10 product key not working after clean install

Windows 10 product key not working after clean install: I installed windows 10 on top of Windows 7, but then did a clean install afterwards from an image on a USB drive. I wrote down the product key from the first install after scraping it with a program. The clean install of 10 went fine, but it will not accept this product...
  10. Install windows on a brand new SSD with product key

Install windows on a brand new SSD with product key: Hi, Currently I'm using windows 10 on a HDD on my desktop. The desktop used to run windows 8, but I upgraded it. (so the product key is used) Using Belarc Advisor, I got my Windows 8 product key. I have a brand new SSD here so I want to upgrade to this SSD. However,...