Windows 10: Windows product key not working

Discus and support Windows product key not working in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I just obtained a NZXT pre-built PC but when I got it Windows 10 key would not work they gave me a 2nd key and the 2nd key also did not work. They... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Chase Spurling, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Windows product key not working

I just obtained a NZXT pre-built PC but when I got it Windows 10 key would not work they gave me a 2nd key and the 2nd key also did not work. They asked me to contact you guys for assistance.

Thank you!

:)

Chase Spurling, Nov 23, 2020

2. Convert a Windows 8pro product key to a Windows 10pro produkt key

Hi Andre,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to Uninstall the license using the following steps.

• Press Windows key + X
    • Click Command Prompt (Admin)
    • At the command prompt, type: slmgr.vbs -upk
    • Press Enter, this will uninstall the product key from the computer.
    Further on, install Windows 8.1 activate the copy with the product key on the new machine. Then again upgrade the same to Windows 10 using Window Update or Media Creation Tool.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 23, 2020
  3. Product key doesn't work

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to try to activate Windows by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select your Region/Country.
    • Select the Phone Activation option, and hold on for a real person.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 23, 2020
  4. AndreTen Win User

Windows product key not working

Where is my Product Key if I want to re-install?

Like davidhk said. But if you really want to see your windows key, I would suggest Belarc advisor. It will give you some useful information about your system, product keys of your software is among them (not only Microsoft, you will have listed most of your keys).

AndreTen, Nov 23, 2020
Thema:

Windows product key not working

1. Windows product key not working - Similar Threads - product key working

2. Windows Product Key Not Working

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Product Key Not Working: I recently bought a windows 10 pro product key from amazon. You can see in the image that this product key is sold my the Microsoft Store. My product key, however, does not work for some reason....
  3. Windows Product Key Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Product Key Not Working: I recently bought a windows 10 pro product key from amazon. You can see in the image that this product key is sold my the Microsoft Store. My product key, however, does not work for some reason....
  4. Windows Product Key Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Product Key Not Working

Windows Product Key Not Working: I recently found my old windows 10 laptop from the basement. It was a Windows 10 Pro Edition. The laptop was completely dead and could not boot up. However, I found the product key for it. Unfortunately I could not apply the Pro edition key on my main Windows 11 Home pc....
  6. Windows Product Key Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Product Key Not Working: I recently found my old windows 10 laptop from the basement. It was a Windows 10 Pro Edition. The laptop was completely dead and could not boot up. However, I found the product key for it. Unfortunately I could not apply the Pro edition key on my main Windows 11 Home pc....
  7. Windows Product Key Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows product key not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows product key not working: My laptop had window 8.1 when I bought it. I upgraded it to windows 10 when it got released. after a few years my laptops hard disk failed and I bought a new one. But I could not manage to get a windows 10 installation at that time. Now i got an opportunity to reinstall it...
  9. Product Key not working

Product Key not working: So a few months ago i bought this PC used from some guy, and today i got the "Activate Windows" watermark for no reason. after googling a bit i assume this is because the guy activated it with an enterprise license or something. Apparently the activation screen is supposed...
  10. Windows Product Key Not Working

Windows Product Key Not Working: Hi, I have purchased windows 10 pro and whenever I enter the product key it says it didn't work. Any help would be appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-product-key-not-working/7b19233c-4938-4ba1-a1f7-078357a13aa1"