Windows 10: Windows product key was stripped before receiving

Discus and support Windows product key was stripped before receiving in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I bought a physical copy of windows 10 and the part where you scratch to reveal the product key was already missing, I have the COA code and some other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by brett1313, Dec 25, 2018.

1. brett1313 Win User

Windows product key was stripped before receiving

I bought a physical copy of windows 10 and the part where you scratch to reveal the product key was already missing, I have the COA code and some other product information, is there any way I can get the missing product key?

Thanks.

:)

brett1313, Dec 25, 2018
  2. Ariel Acu Win User

Windows 10 Product Key for a Free Upgrade

Hi,

The product key is important to activate and install Windows 10 to your device. Regarding your concern, let's try to isolate the issue and see what's causing you unable to use the product key to activate and install your Windows 10. Kindly provide the following
    information:

• Where did you purchase the product?
    • What is the error message you received after entering your product key?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried?

Ariel Acu, Dec 25, 2018
  3. Convert a Windows 8pro product key to a Windows 10pro produkt key

Hi Andre,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to Uninstall the license using the following steps.

• Press Windows key + X
    • Click Command Prompt (Admin)
    • At the command prompt, type: slmgr.vbs -upk
    • Press Enter, this will uninstall the product key from the computer.
    Further on, install Windows 8.1 activate the copy with the product key on the new machine. Then again upgrade the same to Windows 10 using Window Update or Media Creation Tool.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 25, 2018
  4. Sher Amo Win User

Product key

Hi Megan,

A product key is used when activating a software.
    To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps that can resolve your concern, we'd like to ask the following questions:

• What product are you trying to activate?
    • Are you looking for the product key to activate your Office application?
    • Which version of Office are you trying to activate? To check this, you can perform the steps posted on this
      link.
    • Are you looking for the product key to activate your Windows?

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Dec 25, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows product key was stripped before receiving - Similar Threads - product key was

2. Lost product key before install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost product key before install: I lost my new windows 11 product key before installing on a new computer. I purchased it on Amazon. I have the box with the box with the SKU etc on it. How can I find my product key?...
  3. Lost product key before install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost product key before install: I lost my new windows 11 product key before installing on a new computer. I purchased it on Amazon. I have the box with the box with the SKU etc on it. How can I find my product key?...
  4. Have not received any product key

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Have not received any product key: I have not received any product key since may, I paid the amount, I have receipt. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/have-not-received-any-product-key/17f78898-c035-4b6e-8f41-dcebccddfe32
  5. Have not received any product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Have not received any product key: I have not received any product key since may, I paid the amount, I have receipt. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/have-not-received-any-product-key/17f78898-c035-4b6e-8f41-dcebccddfe32
  6. Have not received any product key

7. Did not receive product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Did not receive product key: Hi There Microsoft,I recently changed my hardware and so I checked my digital purchase of windows 11, I can see my store receipt for the copy I paid for however the email with a product key for me never arrived. So I googled it to find out "The product key is in the...
  8. Did not receive product key

Did not receive product key: Hi There Microsoft,I recently changed my hardware and so I checked my digital purchase of windows 11, I can see my store receipt for the copy I paid for however the email with a product key for me never arrived. So I googled it to find out "The product key is in the...
  9. Receive new windows product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Receive new windows product key: I had some issues with an update that got my computer stuck on boot mode. a friend did a factory reset. When i bought my laptop windows came preinstalled. This reset worked fine for months until it told me i had to activate windows. I received my product key from Asus....
  10. Haven't received my product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Haven't received my product key: I purchased Microsoft Windows 10 last week and have still not received my product key. As such, I am unable to access Word, Power Point or Excel. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!...