Windows 10: Windows Product Key with the Laptop bought Online

Discus and support Windows Product Key with the Laptop bought Online in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Do I get the Windows Product Key when I buy a laptop Online. Here it comes preactivated and windows 10 as default.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by allurivamsi, May 5, 2019.

1. Windows Product Key with the Laptop bought Online

Do I get the Windows Product Key when I buy a laptop Online. Here it comes preactivated and windows 10 as default.

:)

allurivamsi, May 5, 2019

2. Lost of Product Key

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• Which operating system was installed in the computer when you bought it?
    • Did you receive CD of the operating system when you bought the laptop or Windows was already installed?
    If you upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 or Windows 8.1, you won’t receive a Windows 10 product key. Instead, Windows 10 will be activated using a digital entitlement.

The Product Key on a computer that has Windows 8 pre-installed is embedded in the BIOS on the motherboard. There is no longer any sticker with the product key.

How to find your product key depends on how you bought your copy of Windows (if Windows 10):

• If you bought Windows 10 from an authorized retailer, the product key will be on a label inside the box it came in.

• If you bought a digital copy of Windows 10 from a Microsoft website, the product key will be in the confirmation email you received after buying it or will be distributed digitally as an entitlement, in which case you won't receive a product
      key. For example, if you upgraded to Windows 10 for free, you'll receive an entitlement instead of a product key.

• If you bought a new PC running Windows 10, the product key will be pre–installed on your PC and your PC will automatically be activated, included with the packaging the PC came in, or included on the Certificate of Authenticity (COA) attached
      to the PC.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Niranjan Manjhi, May 5, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Product Key

Hi Oscar,

Since the laptop has no battery compartment wherein the product key is usually located, we recommend that you follow these steps to find your Windows product key:

• Press Windows + X and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Enter this command: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey
      and hit Enter.

Also, if you're looking to reinstall Windows 10 after a hardware replacement, we recommend that you follow the steps provided in this

article

Let us know if performing these steps resolved the issue.

Dennis Mop, May 5, 2019
  4. Windows Product Key with the Laptop bought Online

Get Windows 10 app not responding after changing product key

• Windows 8.1 was with KMS license
    • Reserved free upgrade to Windows 10
    • Bought Windows 8.1 product key and changed product key via PC info app
    • Get Windows 10 app not responding.
    Steps tried

• Uninstall KB 3035583 using wusa /uninstall
    • Restart
    • Reinstall KB 3035583 using Windows Update
    • Restart
    • Click on Get Windows 10 icon, not responding.

Yao BinThen, May 5, 2019
Thema:

Windows Product Key with the Laptop bought Online

1. Windows Product Key with the Laptop bought Online - Similar Threads - Product Key Laptop

2. I bought a refurbished win 7 pro online but lost the product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I bought a refurbished win 7 pro online but lost the product key: I bought a refurbished windows 7 pro online about six years ago. But I lost the product key and can't find it anywhere. Recently I have to reinstall back to the old windows 7 home laptop and wanted upgrade to windows 10. Without the key screen turned black and can't load any...
  3. I bought a refurbished win 7 pro online but lost the product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I bought a refurbished win 7 pro online but lost the product key: I bought a refurbished windows 7 pro online about six years ago. But I lost the product key and can't find it anywhere. Recently I have to reinstall back to the old windows 7 home laptop and wanted upgrade to windows 10. Without the key screen turned black and can't load any...
  4. Unable to retrieve my Windows 10 Product Key bought online through Windows Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to retrieve my Windows 10 Product Key bought online through Windows Store: I re-installed one of my devices, of which I bought a Windows 10 Pro License Key, I am not able to see this key anywhere I can see the payment of 200 dollars made back in Oct 2021 in my Order History but no License key in the details I also still have the email confirming the...
  5. Unable to retrieve my Windows 10 Product Key bought online through Windows Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to retrieve my Windows 10 Product Key bought online through Windows Store: I re-installed one of my devices, of which I bought a Windows 10 Pro License Key, I am not able to see this key anywhere I can see the payment of 200 dollars made back in Oct 2021 in my Order History but no License key in the details I also still have the email confirming the...
  6. Unable to retrieve my Windows 10 Product Key bought online through Windows Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  7. Bought an old laptop and I'm having problems with the product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bought an old laptop and I'm having problems with the product key: I purchased a 10 year old Dell Inspiron laptop and I can't activate Windows because I'm guessing the version of Windows on there isn't supported/legit tells me that the product key is no good but it's the product key on the outside on the sticker on the laptop it says that...
  8. No Product Key in Online Order Reciept

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    No Product Key in Online Order Reciept: Hello, New hardware install here & can't find the product key for my OS. As per MS's support page, I could find it in my online order. But no luck there. How can I retrieve the key that's not appearing in my online order receipt? Thanks...
  9. I bought win10 home online but did not got product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I bought win10 home online but did not got product key: I bought win10 home, got confirmation email, but no email with product key, and it is not on my invoice. How can I get the product key so I can install the win10....
  10. Cant activate windows.. I bought product key online and activated on my PC then It...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant activate windows.. I bought product key online and activated on my PC then It...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/isseiasia [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/haf7gb/cant_activate_windows_i_bought_product_key_online/

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bought laptop online product key

2. windows cd key from bought laptop lost

3. windows product key in a laptop bought with it on

4. product key for windows computer bought online