Windows 10: Windows product key won't activate - Limit Reached

Discus and support Windows product key won't activate - Limit Reached in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; HiI have a product key I purchased for windows 7 Pro back in 2010. I've been a Mac user for many years since then and have recently returned to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by OATE5Y, May 13, 2021.

1. OATE5Y Win User

Windows product key won't activate - Limit Reached

HiI have a product key I purchased for windows 7 Pro back in 2010. I've been a Mac user for many years since then and have recently returned to Windows. I built a new PC and did a clean install of windows 10 using my existing product key, which worked perfectly. I then decided to upgrade the motherboard and do a another clean install, when I went to re-activate Windows 10 using the same key, it wouldn't work. I went into my Microsoft account and deleted the old PC on the other motherboard that was using the key and tried again, still no luck. I went through the troubleshooting step

:)

OATE5Y, May 13, 2021
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

Windows 10 product keys and activation - and the KMS angle

Changing the product key to the generic Windows 10 product key will reset activation to the standard retail channel for activation. It might just activate (if there was a previous digital license for Windows 10 for that computer established with Microsoft). Once Windows 10 is back on the retail activation channel, then more than likely changing the product key to the Windows 8 product key using the same method may work.

NavyLCDR, May 13, 2021
  3. Duyenhip Win User
    Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

thanks
    I activated my Windows 10 from product key Windows 7

Duyenhip, May 13, 2021
  4. Windows product key won't activate - Limit Reached

Activate windows 10 after re-installing (I have lost my product key)

I own a Lenovo T430 laptop. In 2017, I installed Windows 10 using my original Windows 7 product key. Unfortunately, I cannot find that product key anymore. I need to re-install windows 10. Will it be automatically activated after the installation, if I skip the step of asking the product key during the installation?

In my opinion, I believe that my laptop will have a digital entitlement stored on the Microsoft Activation Servers and this will not be a problem. Is that true?

If not, please suggest me a solution or a workaround.

Kushan Randima, May 13, 2021
Thema:

Windows product key won't activate - Limit Reached

1. Windows product key won't activate - Limit Reached - Similar Threads - product key won't

2. Windows 10 won't activate with a product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 won't activate with a product key: Hello,Windows 10 is asking me to activate it. I have located my product key, but Windows 10 absolutely refuses to accept it. It has detected that I have changed my motherboard and CPU, and has decided that this time out of the previous 3-5 times I have changed my motherboard...
  3. Windows 10 won't activate with a product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 won't activate with a product key: Hello,Windows 10 is asking me to activate it. I have located my product key, but Windows 10 absolutely refuses to accept it. It has detected that I have changed my motherboard and CPU, and has decided that this time out of the previous 3-5 times I have changed my motherboard...
  4. Windows 10 won't activate with a product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Pro product key won't activate.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro product key won't activate.: My Windows 10 Pro upgrade key is a genuine retail copy. When I entered the code once, it finished the "preparing to update" section and then gave me the error code 0x0800f0805. I have tried re-entering the key and other "solutions" but it will not work. Any help please? Also,...
  6. Refund and Deactivation for a Windows 10 Product Key That won't Activate

Refund and Deactivation for a Windows 10 Product Key That won't Activate: Hi, I recently bought a Windows 10 Home product key straight from the Windows website for a new PC build that I'm doing. I initially used the product key on one build, but since Windows kept crashing and won't boot after three times of clean install and a BIOS update, I...
  7. Refund for a Windows 10 Product Key That won't Activate

Refund for a Windows 10 Product Key That won't Activate: Hi, I recently bought a Windows 10 Home product key straight from the Windows website for a new PC build that I'm doing. I initiatially used the product key on one build, but since Windows kept crashing or won't boot after three times of clean install and a BIOS update, I...
  8. limit reach

limit reach: Had to reformat my computer. Now I try to activate and it said limit reach. What can I do about it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/limit-reach/49e7cefe-8ed4-48a0-b94e-529565ac36e5
  9. Product key activation won't work

Product key activation won't work: Hello, I bought a new PC and have a water mark telling me to activate windows. I bought a product key from Amazon. When I go to enter the product key, it tells me the product key didn't work and gives me the error code 0xc004f050. I can't seem to fix this problem despite...
  10. Windows Activation Product Key

Windows Activation Product Key: Hello I cannot Activate My Windows It will Expire ON OCT 21,2018 And I cannot Find my Product Key I have just bought my Laptop this Month Please Help me Thankyou!!!...