Windows 10: Windows product key

Discus and support Windows product key in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there, i have a Windows 8 product key on my old computer, sadly it has blown up. I brought a new PC and installed windows, and tried to use my old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Wushtof, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Wushtof Win User

Windows product key

Hi there, i have a Windows 8 product key on my old computer, sadly it has blown up. I brought a new PC and installed windows, and tried to use my old windows product key. sadly it says it can only be used on one device, so i looked up how to remove it. I cant do the steps to unassign it on my old computer as it will not boot, and i am not very smart with computers.

Is there any way to remove get the code removed so i can get the activate windows off my screen.

kind regards

:)

Wushtof, Jun 25, 2019

2. Convert a Windows 8pro product key to a Windows 10pro produkt key

Hi Andre,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to Uninstall the license using the following steps.

• Press Windows key + X
    • Click Command Prompt (Admin)
    • At the command prompt, type: slmgr.vbs -upk
    • Press Enter, this will uninstall the product key from the computer.
    Further on, install Windows 8.1 activate the copy with the product key on the new machine. Then again upgrade the same to Windows 10 using Window Update or Media Creation Tool.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 25, 2019
  3. AndreTen Win User
    Where is my Product Key if I want to re-install?

Like davidhk said. But if you really want to see your windows key, I would suggest Belarc advisor. It will give you some useful information about your system, product keys of your software is among them (not only Microsoft, you will have listed most of your keys).

AndreTen, Jun 25, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Windows product key

windows live product key

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

• Did you download the ISO of the Game from the Steam?
    It is not Windows Live Key, it’s a game product key which is required to install the game.

I suggest you to check with Steam for Product key and check if it helps.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist

Arun B J, Jun 25, 2019
Thema:

Windows product key

1. Windows product key - Similar Threads - product key

2. Transfering product key to new PC not working. Error code 0x803fa067

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Transfering product key to new PC not working. Error code 0x803fa067: I have just built a PC with all new parts. I have deactivated my windows key from my old PC and I am trying to activate windows 10 on my new PC but it's not working It's giving me error code 0x803fa067. One thing to note is that if I try to activate windows 10 on my old PC...
  3. Transfering product key to new PC not working. Error code 0x803fa067

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfering product key to new PC not working. Error code 0x803fa067: I have just built a PC with all new parts. I have deactivated my windows key from my old PC and I am trying to activate windows 10 on my new PC but it's not working It's giving me error code 0x803fa067. One thing to note is that if I try to activate windows 10 on my old PC...
  4. Transfering product key to new PC not working. Error code 0x803fa067

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is it possible to add a second product key on a windows 11 installation, in order to use...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to add a second product key on a windows 11 installation, in order to use...: Hello.To further explain the situation, i have two computers. Both with different hardware configurations. What i want to do is take a new SSD, format it and install windows 11 with the license i already own, and if possible buy and add a second license to that installation...
  6. Is it possible to add a second product key on a windows 11 installation, in order to use...

Is it possible to add a second product key on a windows 11 installation, in order to use...: Hello.To further explain the situation, i have two computers. Both with different hardware configurations. What i want to do is take a new SSD, format it and install windows 11 with the license i already own, and if possible buy and add a second license to that installation...
  7. Windows 8 pro product key not working for Microsoft 365

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 8 pro product key not working for Microsoft 365: Hi, I bough a new laptop and Microsoft is asking me to purchase Microsoft Apps I need to use Word and Excel. I tried my current Windows 8 Pro license but it did not work. Any ideas how I can still use an old license and have access to Word and Excel?ThanksCris...
  8. Windows 8 pro product key not working for Microsoft 365

Windows 8 pro product key not working for Microsoft 365: Hi, I bough a new laptop and Microsoft is asking me to purchase Microsoft Apps I need to use Word and Excel. I tried my current Windows 8 Pro license but it did not work. Any ideas how I can still use an old license and have access to Word and Excel?ThanksCris...
  9. Windows is activated with Generic Product Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows is activated with Generic Product Key: Hello,To summarize the issue, when I install Windows Home or Pro, Windows takes the license from my Microsoft account. However, this license is the key known as "Generic Product Key". There is no OEM license on my device. When installing Windows, I check the "I do not have a...
  10. Windows is activated with Generic Product Key

Windows is activated with Generic Product Key: Hello,To summarize the issue, when I install Windows Home or Pro, Windows takes the license from my Microsoft account. However, this license is the key known as "Generic Product Key". There is no OEM license on my device. When installing Windows, I check the "I do not have a...