Windows 10: Windows product key

Discus and support Windows product key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I bought my laptop from a dealer. They installed everything for me but my laptop had issues such as Office missing. I took it to be repaired and it was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by WM89, Jul 27, 2020.

1. WM89 Win User

Windows product key

I bought my laptop from a dealer. They installed everything for me but my laptop had issues such as Office missing. I took it to be repaired and it was working fine. After a while I noticed that it told me to Activate Windows but I did not have a product key and it kept on hanging. I then reset my laptop and WIndows 10 Pro was installed but not activated. It displays a message indicating that it cannot activate Windows as the previous version of Windows was not upgraded prior to upgrading to Windows 10. I therefore cannot contact my dealer and do not know what to do.

:)

2. Convert a Windows 8pro product key to a Windows 10pro produkt key

Hi Andre,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to Uninstall the license using the following steps.

• Press Windows key + X
    • Click Command Prompt (Admin)
    • At the command prompt, type: slmgr.vbs -upk
    • Press Enter, this will uninstall the product key from the computer.
    Further on, install Windows 8.1 activate the copy with the product key on the new machine. Then again upgrade the same to Windows 10 using Window Update or Media Creation Tool.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 27, 2020
  3. AndreTen Win User
    Where is my Product Key if I want to re-install?

Like davidhk said. But if you really want to see your windows key, I would suggest Belarc advisor. It will give you some useful information about your system, product keys of your software is among them (not only Microsoft, you will have listed most of your keys).

AndreTen, Jul 27, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Windows product key

windows live product key

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

• Did you download the ISO of the Game from the Steam?
    It is not Windows Live Key, it’s a game product key which is required to install the game.

I suggest you to check with Steam for Product key and check if it helps.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist

Arun B J, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

Windows product key

1. Windows product key - Similar Threads - product key

2. how do I find my windows product key in windows 8.1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I find my windows product key in windows 8.1: I need to find my windows product key Id https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-find-my-windows-product-key-in-windows-81/8bb90cf4-c19f-48dd-bd74-2f40b198c1f0
  3. how do I find my windows product key in windows 8.1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I find my windows product key in windows 8.1: I need to find my windows product key Id https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-find-my-windows-product-key-in-windows-81/8bb90cf4-c19f-48dd-bd74-2f40b198c1f0
  4. Dual Boot Windows 10 with same Product Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Dual Boot Windows 10 with same Product Key: Can i dual boot my Windows 10 Pro OS on same PC and will it work with same Product Key which i had purchased?I want to run 2 Win10 OS on the same PC. Since my hardware config will be the same will it accept the product key on both the same OS?Please clarify if anyone has done...
  5. Dual Boot Windows 10 with same Product Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Boot Windows 10 with same Product Key: Can i dual boot my Windows 10 Pro OS on same PC and will it work with same Product Key which i had purchased?I want to run 2 Win10 OS on the same PC. Since my hardware config will be the same will it accept the product key on both the same OS?Please clarify if anyone has done...
  6. Dual Boot Windows 10 with same Product Key

7. Will a new product key overwrite a pre-installed one?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will a new product key overwrite a pre-installed one?: I had to reset my 6 month old laptop that was pre loaded with Windows 11 Home and now I’m getting Windows not activated errors.-I tried the activation troubleshooter and it gave an error.-Tried to get the product key through powershell/cmd and both gave an error.-I finally...
  8. Will a new product key overwrite a pre-installed one?

Will a new product key overwrite a pre-installed one?: I had to reset my 6 month old laptop that was pre loaded with Windows 11 Home and now I’m getting Windows not activated errors.-I tried the activation troubleshooter and it gave an error.-Tried to get the product key through powershell/cmd and both gave an error.-I finally...
  9. I don’t have the product key since I was not the original purchaser.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don’t have the product key since I was not the original purchaser.: I bought my PC from someone else and when it arrived it said I needed to enter a product key after a few weeks and now I have the watermark that says I need to activate windows. I don’t have the product key since I was not the original owner of the PC and I don’t have their...
  10. I don’t have the product key since I was not the original purchaser.

I don’t have the product key since I was not the original purchaser.: I bought my PC from someone else and when it arrived it said I needed to enter a product key after a few weeks and now I have the watermark that says I need to activate windows. I don’t have the product key since I was not the original owner of the PC and I don’t have their...