Windows 10: Windows Product Keys

Discus and support Windows Product Keys in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 preinstalled. I have found my Product key. If I try to activate windows with it, It Tells me that it is not valid. Can I not use my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ShadowSamster59, Sep 8, 2018.

1. ShadowSamster59 Win User

Windows Product Keys

I have Windows 10 preinstalled. I have found my Product key. If I try to activate windows with it, It Tells me that it is not valid. Can I not use my product key to activate other versions of windows? Do I have to buy a new key?

:)

ShadowSamster59, Sep 8, 2018
  2. Karthicka_R Win User

Convert a Windows 8pro product key to a Windows 10pro produkt key

Hi Andre,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to Uninstall the license using the following steps.

• Press Windows key + X
    • Click Command Prompt (Admin)
    • At the command prompt, type: slmgr.vbs -upk
    • Press Enter, this will uninstall the product key from the computer.
    Further on, install Windows 8.1 activate the copy with the product key on the new machine. Then again upgrade the same to Windows 10 using Window Update or Media Creation Tool.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 9, 2018
  3. Anthony Cato Win User
    i know the product id but forget the product key

Hello,

There is still a way to search for your product key. Kindly follow the steps below for you to know your product key:

• Press Windows key + X
    • Click Command Prompt (admin)
    • Enter the following command: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey
    • Then hit Enter
    The product key will be revealed, copy the product key then enter it.

Give us an update on what happens.

Anthony Cato, Sep 9, 2018
  4. Sher Amo Win User

Windows Product Keys

Product key

Hi Megan,

A product key is used when activating a software.
    To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps that can resolve your concern, we'd like to ask the following questions:

• What product are you trying to activate?
    • Are you looking for the product key to activate your Office application?
    • Which version of Office are you trying to activate? To check this, you can perform the steps posted on this
      link.
    • Are you looking for the product key to activate your Windows?

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Sep 9, 2018
Thema:

Windows Product Keys

1. Windows Product Keys - Similar Threads - Product Keys

2. product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    product key: how can I find my product key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key/dcb165ab-293d-4099-b554-35cc0203fd57"
  3. Stuck on Windows 10 Answer File: Unable to read Product Key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck on Windows 10 Answer File: Unable to read Product Key: So, I've been tinkering with answer files for unattended installs. I'm doing a test before I start applying them to image roll-outs. I've re-made my autounattend.xml about 7 times now. it's quite frustration. I have the generic Windows 10 Pro key in the file, but it refuses...
  4. Windows Pro to Home - Invalid Product Key

Windows Pro to Home - Invalid Product Key: I recently purchased a license of windows 10 home. Following the purchase, I received an email containing a link of an installer which downloads windows setup. The problem I’m facing is that the installer downloads windows 10 professional setup while my license is for home...
  5. windows 10 is accepting my product key but win8.1 setup is'nt

windows 10 is accepting my product key but win8.1 setup is'nt: I have a lenovo yoga 300 11iby which originally ran windows 8 but due to a hdd crash, i brought a new one and my dad installed win10 enterprise on it through his company... Windows10 wasnt activated as i dint have the product key... I downloaded produ key and activated...
  6. 2 Machines on same Product Key

2 Machines on same Product Key: Hi there, I have a very... interesting problem. I bought an old Dell desktop computer a little while ago to run as a second machine for long calculations and other such things. I updated the OS to windows 10 (pro) from windows 7 (pro). It was working fine, and then I decided...
  7. I upgraded from HD to SSD, and now my Windows 10 Home (x64) product key doesn't work

I upgraded from HD to SSD, and now my Windows 10 Home (x64) product key doesn't work: As the title says, I upgraded my hardware, and now my WIndows 10 home licence doesn't validate. I also upgraded my motherboard, but I don't think this is a valid point. During the installation process (downloaded from the installation media page and ran from an external...
  8. Windows Product Key

Windows Product Key: I have forgot my product key. How to get back that from my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-product-key/da08defc-3410-4c27-8901-2d11be63bcec"
  9. Need the product key

Need the product key: I badly want the product key of product id:00331-10000-00001-AA796 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-the-product-key/8e7c70fa-9a71-4722-9598-0cf6212884b6
  10. Problem activating Windows 10 - Wrong product key with disk

Problem activating Windows 10 - Wrong product key with disk: Help Please!! I purchased a copy of Windows 10 from Umart and it appears as if the product key supplied is the wrong one, preview of product key is completely different when checking on the computer. I have contacted Umart and they have said to contact Microsoft as they...