Windows 10: Windows Product Keys

Discus and support Windows Product Keys in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 preinstalled. I have found my Product key. If I try to activate windows with it, It Tells me that it is not valid. Can I not use my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ShadowSamster59, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Windows Product Keys

I have Windows 10 preinstalled. I have found my Product key. If I try to activate windows with it, It Tells me that it is not valid. Can I not use my product key to activate other versions of windows? Do I have to buy a new key?

:)

ShadowSamster59, Sep 8, 2018

2. Convert a Windows 8pro product key to a Windows 10pro produkt key

Hi Andre,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to Uninstall the license using the following steps.

• Press Windows key + X
    • Click Command Prompt (Admin)
    • At the command prompt, type: slmgr.vbs -upk
    • Press Enter, this will uninstall the product key from the computer.
    Further on, install Windows 8.1 activate the copy with the product key on the new machine. Then again upgrade the same to Windows 10 using Window Update or Media Creation Tool.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 9, 2018
  3. i know the product id but forget the product key

Hello,

There is still a way to search for your product key. Kindly follow the steps below for you to know your product key:

• Press Windows key + X
    • Click Command Prompt (admin)
    • Enter the following command: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey
    • Then hit Enter
    The product key will be revealed, copy the product key then enter it.

Give us an update on what happens.

Anthony Cato, Sep 9, 2018
  4. Sher Amo Win User

Windows Product Keys

Product key

Hi Megan,

A product key is used when activating a software.
    To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps that can resolve your concern, we'd like to ask the following questions:

• What product are you trying to activate?
    • Are you looking for the product key to activate your Office application?
    • Which version of Office are you trying to activate? To check this, you can perform the steps posted on this
      link.
    • Are you looking for the product key to activate your Windows?

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Sep 9, 2018
Thema:

Windows Product Keys

1. Windows Product Keys - Similar Threads - Product Keys

2. Computer wont boot. Cant get to product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Computer wont boot. Cant get to product key: Windows corrupted. Cant boot, I cant get to my product key to create a bootable media. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-wont-boot-cant-get-to-product-key/e463d44c-ce1a-49e3-badb-2b4b7f11830a"
  3. Product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Product key: I need a student license product key for Windows 10 for my laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key/296035ba-dbb9-407d-9415-7a794a15cd28
  4. find my product key

find my product key: I want to activate my window but my box of window was lost please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/find-my-product-key/92d2f8e5-e214-4cac-804d-08cd11f795a0"
  5. Lost Windows 10 Product Key While Re-Installing Windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lost Windows 10 Product Key While Re-Installing Windows: I purchased Windows 10 for my desktop a couple years ago back in 2016, and while reinstalling Windows earlier this year I did not properly record the Product Key instead I recorded the Product ID which obviously wasn't sufficient. Right now I am using Windows 10 Student from...
  6. Lost product key

Lost product key: Hello All, I am trying to remove a "Activate Windows" from my laptop. In order to do so, I need the product key. I cannot find my product key. My the hard drive on this laptop was replaced because the previous one failed....
  7. Windowss 10 Update has bricked my laptop. I havea no CD drive and no product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windowss 10 Update has bricked my laptop. I havea no CD drive and no product key: I have a HP laptop with a small solid state drive (approx. free space 5.8GB). The latest update needed 10GB+ so I followed the instructions and connected an external disk drive via USB. The system has not local CD drive. The upgrade failed after around 3 hours and all...
  8. Product Key not working

Product Key not working: I received a product key from school when I graduated in 2014, and need to use it now. It is not recognizing it but I believe it should be since it is for Microsoft office 2013? Any advice?...
  9. where is the product key accessed?

where is the product key accessed?: where is the product key accessed? how do I access it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-the-product-key-accessed/c74bf182-9f14-4e5a-9c56-357182629d71"
  10. I can't find the product key to activate windows...

I can't find the product key to activate windows...: Dear Microsoft Community, A while ago now, I ordered a USB stick containing a copy of Windows 10 on it from Amazon. While I've had a bit of experience with installing OSs onto computers in the past, I had never done this specifically before. After some partial success, it...