Windows 10: Windows Product Keys

Discus and support Windows Product Keys in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 preinstalled. I have found my Product key. If I try to activate windows with it, It Tells me that it is not valid. Can I not use my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ShadowSamster59, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Windows Product Keys

I have Windows 10 preinstalled. I have found my Product key. If I try to activate windows with it, It Tells me that it is not valid. Can I not use my product key to activate other versions of windows? Do I have to buy a new key?

:)

ShadowSamster59, Sep 8, 2018

2. Convert a Windows 8pro product key to a Windows 10pro produkt key

Hi Andre,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to Uninstall the license using the following steps.

• Press Windows key + X
    • Click Command Prompt (Admin)
    • At the command prompt, type: slmgr.vbs -upk
    • Press Enter, this will uninstall the product key from the computer.
    Further on, install Windows 8.1 activate the copy with the product key on the new machine. Then again upgrade the same to Windows 10 using Window Update or Media Creation Tool.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 9, 2018
  3. i know the product id but forget the product key

Hello,

There is still a way to search for your product key. Kindly follow the steps below for you to know your product key:

• Press Windows key + X
    • Click Command Prompt (admin)
    • Enter the following command: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey
    • Then hit Enter
    The product key will be revealed, copy the product key then enter it.

Give us an update on what happens.

Anthony Cato, Sep 9, 2018
  4. Sher Amo Win User

Windows Product Keys

Product key

Hi Megan,

A product key is used when activating a software.
    To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps that can resolve your concern, we'd like to ask the following questions:

• What product are you trying to activate?
    • Are you looking for the product key to activate your Office application?
    • Which version of Office are you trying to activate? To check this, you can perform the steps posted on this
      link.
    • Are you looking for the product key to activate your Windows?

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Sep 9, 2018
Thema:

Windows Product Keys

1. Windows Product Keys - Similar Threads - Product Keys

2. Just purchased MS Windows 10 Home, no email with Product Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Just purchased MS Windows 10 Home, no email with Product Key: Hi, I just purchased Microsoft Windows 10 home. I did this via the PC I wanted to activate. I logged into my Microsoft account and paid with the stored credit card details. The PC was activated successfully. However, no email was sent to my account with the license details...
  3. product key on my new computer with windows 10 pro?

product key on my new computer with windows 10 pro?: how do I find the product key on my new computer with windows 10 pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-on-my-new-computer-with-windows-10-pro/64b5eb08-3d70-44aa-9c55-71eb20180b4a"
  4. windows 10 active but no product key found

windows 10 active but no product key found: After latest update, windows asking me to activate windows every time i'm switch on my computer.... My version is like the picture below. [ATTACH] After I had activate my windows, it show this result.... [ATTACH] Troubleshooting product activation solve the issue,...
  5. Product Key from old laptop

Product Key from old laptop: So it seems my new laptops windows isn't genuine. I thought about buying a new copy of windows but then remembered I have this old laptop with its product key still available (but the laptop is demolished), cant I use the product key of the old laptop to activate windows on...
  6. reusing my product key

reusing my product key: If I purchase windows 10 License key now and I upgrade on the PC I'm using now. If I go buy a new PC a week from now am I able to reuse my windows 10 product key on the new PC I purchased????...
  7. ACTIVATION&PRODUCT KEY

ACTIVATION&PRODUCT KEY: HI Microsoft my windows 10 pro product key will expired please give me new product key it shows activate windows what i do please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activationproduct-key/3bebd350-9e95-49ae-b1bb-0923bb896684"
  8. Windows 10 product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 product key: How do i retrieeve my windows 10 product key on my windows machine, I lost the product key when i was cleaning papers and i would like to know how i can retrieve the key for when i change hardware inside my pc....
  9. Product Key

Product Key: I need urgent help, in my computer my product key is blurry and almost erased duw to which its not visble. Can someone help me with a way to get it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key/4cae00da-eed3-47b2-be5d-2763319ad8f9"
  10. Lost production key after hardware change

Lost production key after hardware change: Hello. So i recently bought and installed a new motherboard with cpu and rams. And were about to clean up my documents for a fresh install, when sudden my windows activation was "lost"? My windows 10, was the "free" update from Microsoft, which was updated from my windows 7...