Windows 10: Windows Profile Corrupted

Discus and support Windows Profile Corrupted in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, I recently worked with Microsoft on a separate issue I was having significant trouble logging into my Microsoft account on any app/web browser.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by natergater24, Dec 28, 2020.

1. Windows Profile Corrupted

Hi,

I recently worked with Microsoft on a separate issue I was having significant trouble logging into my Microsoft account on any app/web browser. The popup to login would turn blank and white and would never let me login. It turned out to be my Windows profile itself, not necessarily anything at the time with my computer.

We made a local admin account on my computer Windows 10, Surface Pro 3, and the local admin account works but is missing anything from my normal account which is the only one I use on that device. Only had a small amount of stuff actually on OneDrive.

I tried doing some manual fixes to my normal profile that I found online that I can barely even begin to describe, and I'm worried may have done more harm than good. Now I cannot even login to the normal profile - it loads for a very long time that it's Preparing Windows and then gives an error message that says "We can't sign in to your account. This problem can often be fixed by signing out of your account and then signing back in. If you don't sign out now, any files you create or changes you make will be lost."

That is as far as I can get now as it forces me to sign out and then I get to that same exact spot every time. The secondary local admin account works but I would like to fix the original one I have been using for years if possible.

:)

natergater24, Dec 28, 2020
  2. Jonas Flo Win User

Corrupted User Profile

Hi,

There maybe a couple of reasons behind this misbehavior such as a corrupted system file. However, we would like to be able to verify which process exactly is corrupted.

• When you install, does it give you any form of error message when it fails?
    • What other processes doesn't go through on the said User account?

As per troubleshooting, you may refer to
    Likhitha V
    's response on this thread. See if it applies to you. However,
    just to give you a heads up. The steps are about creating a new user profile and deleting the current one. I suggest you back up your files so you may be able to transfer it. You can also find information about it on the same thread.

We'll be waiting for your response. If you have any other concerns, don't hesitate to come back to us.

Jonas Flo, Dec 28, 2020
  3. CCC Profiles that disappear

id suggest a spyware check

eidairaman1, Dec 28, 2020
  4. kormath Win User

Windows Profile Corrupted

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Windows Profile Corrupted :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Dec 28, 2020
Thema:

Windows Profile Corrupted

1. Windows Profile Corrupted - Similar Threads - Profile Corrupted

2. Windows Update corrupted my user profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update corrupted my user profile: I have a PC that is seldom connected to the internet for security reasons there is no greater security than a machine that hackers have no access to but I needed to download a file so I plugged in the ethernet cable and turned the PC on after it booted up it had installed a...
  3. Windows Update corrupted my user profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update corrupted my user profile: I have a PC that is seldom connected to the internet for security reasons there is no greater security than a machine that hackers have no access to but I needed to download a file so I plugged in the ethernet cable and turned the PC on after it booted up it had installed a...
  4. Windows Update corrupted my user profile

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to fix a corrupted network profile on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix a corrupted network profile on windows 10: So i tried to reconnect to my university wifi and when i try to change the authentication method it showed this error and then back to default"Windows has encountered an error saving the wireless profile""Specific error: The network connection profile is corrupted."...
  6. How to fix a corrupted network profile on windows 10

How to fix a corrupted network profile on windows 10: So i tried to reconnect to my university wifi and when i try to change the authentication method it showed this error and then back to default"Windows has encountered an error saving the wireless profile""Specific error: The network connection profile is corrupted."...
  7. How to fix a corrupted network profile on windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. I need help to transfer all my Appdata and content from my old Windows profile corrupted...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help to transfer all my Appdata and content from my old Windows profile corrupted...: Hi! Last night I let me laptop to be on whole night and in the morning I saw that it was turned off. I started it and as it opened it shifted me to a Temporary profile and showed me a message like this: this is not my pc , I used this image from someone else question so since...
  9. I need help to transfer all my Appdata and content from my old Windows profile corrupted...

I need help to transfer all my Appdata and content from my old Windows profile corrupted...: Hi! Last night I let me laptop to be on whole night and in the morning I saw that it was turned off. I started it and as it opened it shifted me to a Temporary profile and showed me a message like this: this is not my pc , I used this image from someone else question so since...
  10. I need help to transfer all my Appdata and content from my old Windows profile corrupted...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing