Windows 10: Windows Profile

Discus and support Windows Profile in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; We have 3 sign on accounts on our desk top computer. Sunday I tried to log onto my account and and my name was missing. Another name was added with... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by LouieEstrada, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Windows Profile

We have 3 sign on accounts on our desk top computer. Sunday I tried to log onto my account and

and my name was missing. Another name was added with my phone # attached to it. Thinking it was my wife's, the one missing

we tried her password and it did not work. Then tried mine and it too did not work. So I deleted that account.

I did a restore and got my wife's account back, but VERY limited, still MUCH MISSING. Does anyone know how to recover

a profile/sign on?

:)

LouieEstrada, Sep 14, 2020

2. CCC Profiles that disappear

id suggest a spyware check

eidairaman1, Sep 14, 2020
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Windows Profile :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Sep 14, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

Windows Profile

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Sep 14, 2020
Thema:

Windows Profile

1. Windows Profile - Similar Threads - Profile

2. User Profile Service blocks sign in attempt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Profile Service blocks sign in attempt: So this is a very rare case, which i never encountered.When dismounting my laptop from the docking station, try to work somewhere else without the dock i get a error when attempting to sign in.The error is as followed: The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User...
  3. User Profile Service blocks sign in attempt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User Profile Service blocks sign in attempt: So this is a very rare case, which i never encountered.When dismounting my laptop from the docking station, try to work somewhere else without the dock i get a error when attempting to sign in.The error is as followed: The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User...
  4. You are managing one or more child accounts. Before you change your profile information,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You are managing one or more child accounts. Before you change your profile information,...: It doesn't allow me to change the region of my Microsoft account, I get the error "You are managing one or more child accounts. Before you change your profile information, you need to remove consent for those child accounts." and I don't manage any minor account and they...
  5. You are managing one or more child accounts. Before you change your profile information,...

You are managing one or more child accounts. Before you change your profile information,...: It doesn't allow me to change the region of my Microsoft account, I get the error "You are managing one or more child accounts. Before you change your profile information, you need to remove consent for those child accounts." and I don't manage any minor account and they...
  6. You are managing one or more child accounts. Before you change your profile information,...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  7. Login into Windows Temporary profile.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login into Windows Temporary profile.: Dear Forum, When I login to my laptop it is going to windows temporary profile. I am unable to follow the steps as mentioned in the below link as SETTINGS and Windows button were not opening. I even tried Windows + L or Windows + F but no result. Please assist how to resolve...
  8. Login into Windows Temporary profile.

Login into Windows Temporary profile.: Dear Forum, When I login to my laptop it is going to windows temporary profile. I am unable to follow the steps as mentioned in the below link as SETTINGS and Windows button were not opening. I even tried Windows + L or Windows + F but no result. Please assist how to resolve...
  9. Login into Windows Temporary profile.

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. cannot convert local windows 11 profile to Microsoft account login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot convert local windows 11 profile to Microsoft account login: I am having a very specific problem that none of the individual suggested solutions for the multitude of problems has worked. A few weeks ago, I want to say after a windows update I noticed the following behaviorOutlook 365 classic app connected to my Gmail account...