Windows 10: Windows Programs and Data

Discus and support Windows Programs and Data in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am running Windows 10 on a Lenovo Thinkpad E585 Laptop. My system occupies 371GB on a 1TB drive. All programs and data are on the C: drive. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RMadison46, Dec 3, 2021.

1. Windows Programs and Data

I am running Windows 10 on a Lenovo Thinkpad E585 Laptop. My system occupies 371GB on a 1TB drive. All programs and data are on the C: drive. I have purchased a new Lenovo ideapad 3 with a 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD. It appears that the new system is configured to run Windows and programs on the C: Drive the SSD and store data on the D: Drive the HDD. How do I reconfigure Microsoft Office Programs Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and all the other programs on my old computer, so that they run on my new computer with the data stored on the D: Drive HDD?

:)

RMadison46, Dec 3, 2021

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Dec 3, 2021
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 3, 2021
  4. Windows Programs and Data

How to set my Program Data settings to default?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the permission of the Program data file has been altered.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Version and Build of Windows 10 installed on the PC? (Type
      winver
      in Windows search/Run command)
    • What happens when you try to install a program?
    • What changes were made to the program data folder?
    • Are you installing the program from Microsoft store or CD/DVD or online?
    • Are you aware of any changes on the PC prior to this issue?

In this scenario, we would suggest you to follow these steps and check.

Fix the permissions of the Packages folder

1. Open File Explorer and navigate to this location:
      C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local
    2. Now in the Local folder, locate the Packages
      folder.
    3. Right click on Packages and select
      Properties.
    4. Click the Security Tab, then click Advanced button and ensure that all the users listed have full control.

Let us know the results. If the issue persists, we will certainly assist you further.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Dec 3, 2021
Thema:

Windows Programs and Data

1. Windows Programs and Data - Similar Threads - Programs Data

2. i have a virus on my pc where it creates a randomly named folder in the program data folder...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have a virus on my pc where it creates a randomly named folder in the program data folder...: can anybody help me how to deal with it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-virus-on-my-pc-where-it-creates-a/7b2a0eb0-0ca2-450f-8aea-9becfe79f3b1
  3. i have a virus on my pc where it creates a randomly named folder in the program data folder...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i have a virus on my pc where it creates a randomly named folder in the program data folder...: can anybody help me how to deal with it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-virus-on-my-pc-where-it-creates-a/7b2a0eb0-0ca2-450f-8aea-9becfe79f3b1
  4. Program to transfer Money 2007 data into?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Program to transfer Money 2007 data into?: I have money 2007, from what I am reading, I cannot use that on my Windows 11.I don't want to lose years of financial data. Is there a program, I can transfer my old data into, and use going forward?...
  5. Program to transfer Money 2007 data into?

Program to transfer Money 2007 data into?: I have money 2007, from what I am reading, I cannot use that on my Windows 11.I don't want to lose years of financial data. Is there a program, I can transfer my old data into, and use going forward?...
  6. Swap HDD with Data and Program files not Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Swap HDD with Data and Program files not Windows: I have a disk drive with both data Documents, OneDrive, etc as well as installed program files. Windows 11 is installed on a different SDD.The HDD is starting to fail. How can I copy its contents to a new hard disk and then swap the hard drives so I do not lose any data or...
  7. Swap HDD with Data and Program files not Windows

Swap HDD with Data and Program files not Windows: I have a disk drive with both data Documents, OneDrive, etc as well as installed program files. Windows 11 is installed on a different SDD.The HDD is starting to fail. How can I copy its contents to a new hard disk and then swap the hard drives so I do not lose any data or...
  8. shadi exe arha h c:\user \win\app data \local program \shadi.exe.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    shadi exe arha h c:\user \win\app data \local program \shadi.exe.: Hlw frnz muje wrk frm home k liye ye software install krne ko bola tha but mere laptop m opn nhi horha h appWindows 8 install h fir bhi shadi exe error arha h c:\user \win\app data \local program \shadi.exe....
  9. shadi exe arha h c:\user \win\app data \local program \shadi.exe.

shadi exe arha h c:\user \win\app data \local program \shadi.exe.: Hlw frnz muje wrk frm home k liye ye software install krne ko bola tha but mere laptop m opn nhi horha h appWindows 8 install h fir bhi shadi exe error arha h c:\user \win\app data \local program \shadi.exe....
  10. Found this suspicious folder in my program data and im wondering if its a malware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Found this suspicious folder in my program data and im wondering if its a malware: The folder is called {150F4013-6884-4350-8DDC-6BFCB4C5DC15} and contains 3 files named:AUpdate.itdtGwkrymvt.datInstall.itWhen i found the folder i got suspicious and checked progams and features and found out Microsoft edge WebView2 runtime was installed yesterday. I dont...