Windows 10: Windows Programs flicker when hovering mouse cursor over them

Discus and support Windows Programs flicker when hovering mouse cursor over them in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I move my mouse cursor over ui elements in windows programs, they disapear and reapear. How can I stop this from happening? I have linked video... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Starwarp558, Dec 3, 2021.

1. Windows Programs flicker when hovering mouse cursor over them

When I move my mouse cursor over ui elements in windows programs, they disapear and reapear. How can I stop this from happening? I have linked video footage of it occuring:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkxL2rStpR0

:)

Starwarp558, Dec 3, 2021

2. Mouse Cursor Flickering on Windows 10

This is a really annoying problem.

Two things seem to be happening. First is the mouse cursor is flickering. It's as if it's having an anxiety attack. The flicker can also interfere when trying to click on icons, although most of the clicking feature seem to work okay most of the time.

The second thing I noticed is that down at the bottom of the screen is a big circle that has an arrow in it. This arrow flickers in rhythm with the cursor.

I have tried every suggestion I can find on the internet, including those from this forum. I've deleted device drivers for both the mouse and video card and the intel driver, changed screen resolution, tried changing mouse settings, tried changing the settings
    of my video drivers, I tried changing the performance settings, I changed the boot up settings in my Bios. I tried starting up without my usual start up programs. Nothing stopped the flickering.

I use a USB mouse, so I tried different USB ports. I also tried a wireless mouse. The flicker did not stop in either case. I think it's a problem with the Windows update. I had this problem some months back, but it stopped. Then I updated a few days ago
    and the mouse flickering started up again.

I did notice that while in my Bios the cursor did not flicker. While in Windows 10, as I am now the mouse cursor does flicker.

Help.

Windows Programs flicker when hovering mouse cursor over them 235fe351-f9f2-4393-bf43-c35d7e07f2ad?upload=true.jpg

jimclay75051, Dec 3, 2021
  3. Cursor flickering

My cursor is flickering like crazy. I'm running Windows 10, latest updates installed. I'm on a Lenovo laptop, but I don't know the model. I've already tested multiple mice.

To be more specific, the cursor disappears completely when I'm not moving it. When using a mouse and moving it, the cursor appears but flickers. Clicking still works. When I use the mousepad on the laptop, the cursor isn't visible, and it doesn't work at
    all.

Also, if I hover over the start bar at the bottom, it looks like the tip of my cursor is pointed toward the Cortana button - not highlighting it, just very close to it. But if I move my mouse, it disappears.

I've tried several other answer forums and a few tricks but nothing has worked; I've found that my "symptoms" are extremely unique - it's very rare in my experience that an external mouse will still work when the laptop's mousepad won't.

SamuelAbrams, Dec 3, 2021
  4. Windows Programs flicker when hovering mouse cursor over them

Mouse cursor

Hi Yasir

All that has been suggested I have tried. I have uninstalled : and reinstalled the mouse and also a spare mouse that I had. No change!!!

To clarify, if I go to Win 10 settings choose Devices/Mouse/Related settings, Under related settings(White Print) reads in a Coloured Print 'Additional mouse settings'

The cursor is an arrow head when hovering over 'Related settings' but hover over 'Additional settings@ and the cursor changes to double ended arrow horizontal line.

Regards

Richard1166, Dec 3, 2021
Thema:

Windows Programs flicker when hovering mouse cursor over them

1. Windows Programs flicker when hovering mouse cursor over them - Similar Threads - Programs flicker hovering

2. Mouse Cursor change to hand when I hover over a button

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Cursor change to hand when I hover over a button: Is there any way I can stop the mouse cursor from changing to a pointing hand whenever I'm hovering over a button in-game? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-cursor-change-to-hand-when-i-hover-over-a/bddda35d-c2c9-464e-ba6e-f0a5645236c8
  3. Mouse Cursor change to hand when I hover over a button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Cursor change to hand when I hover over a button: Is there any way I can stop the mouse cursor from changing to a pointing hand whenever I'm hovering over a button in-game? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-cursor-change-to-hand-when-i-hover-over-a/bddda35d-c2c9-464e-ba6e-f0a5645236c8
  4. Mouse Cursor change to hand when I hover over a button

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows Programs flicker when hovering mouse cursor over them

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Programs flicker when hovering mouse cursor over them: When I move my mouse cursor over ui elements in windows programs, they disapear and reapear. How can I stop this from happening? I have linked video footage of it occuring:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkxL2rStpR0...
  6. Windows Programs flicker when hovering mouse cursor over them

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Programs flicker when hovering mouse cursor over them: When I move my mouse cursor over ui elements in windows programs, they disapear and reapear. How can I stop this from happening? I have linked video footage of it occuring:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkxL2rStpR0...
  7. Mouse cursor invisible when hovering pen over drawing tablet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse cursor invisible when hovering pen over drawing tablet: Hey guys! I recently saved a pre-Win10 non-Wacom drawing tablet from being thrown away and would like to use it on my non-touch notebook. Features and accuracy seem great to at least get started with digital drawing. The only issue I have, which makes is absolutely unusable...
  8. Mouse hovering over other programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse hovering over other programs: I have some problems with my mouse. If i've more screens opened, I normally can switch to the other screen with my mouse. Today I installed Windows 10, but every time I hover to another Window, it puts that window to the foreground. So the other windows, are behind this...
  9. Mouse hovering over other programes.

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse hovering over other programes.: I have some problems with my mouse. If i've more screens opened, I normally can switch to the other screen with my mouse. Today I installed Windows 10, but every time I hover to another Window, it puts that window to the foreground. So the other windows, are behind this...
  10. mouse cursor hover over start menu bug

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    mouse cursor hover over start menu bug: hi all, i have a new and annoying problem. whenever my mouse cursor hover over the start menu button the computer start processing (the mouse pointer get that small blue circle next to it) and then my taskbar disappear, a second later the entire screen blinks and you can only...