Windows 10: Windows programs not opening.

Discus and support Windows programs not opening. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I have recently upgraded from 8.1 to windows 10 after it finish installing I reset my computer(Via the recovery tab). I then started installing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MrSir, Aug 6, 2015.

1. MrSir Win User

Windows programs not opening.

Hello,
    I have recently upgraded from 8.1 to windows 10 after it finish installing I reset my computer(Via the recovery tab). I then started installing my programs and everything was going well, but when I logged in the next day I couldn't open Task Manager or the admin command prompt(the normal one works fine), my windows update also takes forever to search for an update and nothing ever happens. It seems to be something wrong with the programs that require admin(I am the only user on the computer so I have administrator functions). I have some error messages but there are a few more. Here are a few: 'This program did not respond in a timely fashion', 'The service cannot accept control messages at this time' and I will attach a screenshot of the longest one.

Windows programs not opening. [​IMG]

So how would I fix this?

:)

MrSir, Aug 6, 2015

2. Windows 10 programs not opening, or opening but not working correctly, unless started in administrator mode. A little help?

Hi Sam,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Yes, you are right about the information related to the Administrator account. But sometimes while performing certain task or to have complete access , we need to have Administrator privilege as in our case while playing games on Windows 10.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Aug 6, 2015
  3. Windows 10 programs not opening, or opening but not working correctly, unless started in administrator mode. A little help?

I recently reinstalled W10 and after the reinstall, any program I run either does not work to its full capacity (games will not open unless steam is in admin mode, teamviewer will not connect or accept connections unless in admin mode), or some programs
    just will not open (MWord, Publisher, VMWare) and I'll get this error. What have I done? I have included sys info and error

here

JohnitoAlvarado, Aug 6, 2015
  4. MrSir Win User

The problem seems be have fixed itself... I was working then the power went out and after starting my pc after it crashing its working fine now. No idea why it didn't fix itself when I restarted it but after it crashed its working fine.

MrSir, Aug 10, 2015
  5. khaled138 Win User

khaled138, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows programs not opening. - Similar Threads - programs opening

2. Windows opens program on second monitor that is not connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows opens program on second monitor that is not connected: I have already found a solution on this, but I thought it could be helpful for other people struggling with the same problem.A certain app on my laptop didn't seem to notice that my second monitor wasn't connected anymore, so when I launched it the app kept opening on the...
  3. Windows opens program on second monitor that is not connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows opens program on second monitor that is not connected: I have already found a solution on this, but I thought it could be helpful for other people struggling with the same problem.A certain app on my laptop didn't seem to notice that my second monitor wasn't connected anymore, so when I launched it the app kept opening on the...
  4. how do I prevent programs from opening automatically when Windows start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I prevent programs from opening automatically when Windows start: I have 5 five programs that start automaticaly when I open Windos which makes my computer very slow. What can I do to stop them?Thank you beforehand,Anna...
  5. how do I prevent programs from opening automatically when Windows start

how do I prevent programs from opening automatically when Windows start: I have 5 five programs that start automaticaly when I open Windos which makes my computer very slow. What can I do to stop them?Thank you beforehand,Anna...
  6. update broke my pc, running at 100disk and can't open main menue or search for program,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    update broke my pc, running at 100disk and can't open main menue or search for program,...: the problem is the 50 million years to ge to the enter password pagethen the 50 million years to open the **** picutre to get the **** bar you the password inthen the **** 50 milllion years to "load in"then **** milllion years for the all the icons and tool bar to show...
  7. update broke my pc, running at 100disk and can't open main menue or search for program,...

update broke my pc, running at 100disk and can't open main menue or search for program,...: the problem is the 50 million years to ge to the enter password pagethen the 50 million years to open the **** picutre to get the **** bar you the password inthen the **** 50 milllion years to "load in"then **** milllion years for the all the icons and tool bar to show...
  8. update broke my pc, running at 100disk and can't open main menue or search for program,...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. I try to open the program, it just loading and not open what should I do

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I try to open the program, it just loading and not open what should I do: i try alot but no open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-try-to-open-the-program-it-just-loading-and-not/e92bf81c-a1e8-43ae-bc03-3159ce60998f
  10. I try to open the program, it just loading and not open what should I do

I try to open the program, it just loading and not open what should I do: i try alot but no open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-try-to-open-the-program-it-just-loading-and-not/e92bf81c-a1e8-43ae-bc03-3159ce60998f