Windows 10: Windows & programs using different date formats

Discus and support Windows & programs using different date formats in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey all, When using Windows 10, Excel 2016 and Firefox (to name a few flavors), I'm presented with different date formats. Windows is set up the way... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Alltheshortnamesweretaken, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Windows & programs using different date formats

Hey all,

When using Windows 10, Excel 2016 and Firefox (to name a few flavors), I'm presented with different date formats. Windows is set up the way I want it:

Windows & programs using different date formats f3e5267f-65f8-4f3f-91cf-83697c69b3cd?upload=true.png

In Firefox however, some pages that display dates swap the dd / mm order, while the within the Firefox settings, the Windows short date format is adhered to.

In Excel it gets even more confusing: judging by the info in the cell format dialog, the system settings are correctly copied:

Windows & programs using different date formats d8a19140-f293-4a30-915a-70b70ab8fa78?upload=true.png

So far so good. Now I go to one of my most used files, created several years ago in another version of Excel. It contains a table with one of its columns containing a date. Existing data looks good:

Windows & programs using different date formats 3aceb6d9-067d-4b4d-bc76-26d309f1fb26?upload=true.png

Adding a new date on an existing line? No problem:

Windows & programs using different date formats 6b251248-1175-4191-9881-6e535b9ecc1e?upload=true.png

Inserting a new line and adding the same date? Well...:

Windows & programs using different date formats a3fb5308-e471-4c33-8a4b-1753a61420e8?upload=true.png

This is slowly driving me nuts, because it's a pain to keep rectifying and I'm not sure I can trust what I see on the screen anymore. Any ideas what might be causing this?

Thanks,

Des

Edit: several screenshots went missing - rectified

:)

Alltheshortnamesweretaken, Jul 18, 2019
  2. Naki Win User

Minor feature suggestion - add Build date to About screen

I suggest adding build date - in Windows short date format, such as 03/12/17, 12.03.17/etc - to the About screen of GPU-Z, the way many other programs have this.

For example, see how Core Temp does it (I suggested same to that program's author, so he added it):

3. Xylee Del Win User
    Windows 10 Lock Screen date format

We appreciate the information that you've given. This issue may have occurred due to the selected Format under Region. There are locations that happen to follow a certain date and time format. To correct the format, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Press Windows icon + X and select Control Panel.
    • On the Control Panel window, select Clock, Language, and Region.
    • Under Region, select Change date, time, or number formats.
    • On the Region window, under Formats tab, select
      English (United States) on the drop-down menu on Format.
    • Click Apply and OK.
    • Check your lock screen. (Attached is a reference photo)

• Windows & programs using different date formats [​IMG]

Kindly get back to us with the results.

Xylee Del, Jul 18, 2019
  4. Windows & programs using different date formats

Windows 10 Date Format

Hi Steve,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand that you are unable to locate the date format. I will definitely assist you.

Please follow the below steps and check.

• Click on the Date and time at the right bottom corner of your screen.

• Click on Date and time settings and click on
      Change date and time format on right pane.
    Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Jul 18, 2019
Thema:

Windows & programs using different date formats

1. Windows & programs using different date formats - Similar Threads - programs using different

2. Change Date format

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Date format: How do I change date format from month day year to day month year? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-date-format/2e0b3c4b-67d5-42ed-9baf-da4c50520878
  3. Time and Date Formatting

Time and Date Formatting: Why can't I set my date to mm/dd/yyyy with my region set to Canada? The only way I could change it to what I wanted was to set my region to US. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/time-and-date-formatting/300d0a6d-a385-473a-a809-c5b9e2f6ae81
  4. date format

date format: Why don't I have the month/day/year option in the date format? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/date-format/a1b705b5-e73b-4fdf-b91d-d08f0b59f8a0
  5. Date format

Date format: Must include the date format dd/mm/yyyy in the Bangladesh regional setting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/date-format/4a639cd7-22d2-4de5-93e3-68066bc2d133
  6. Different date formats for File Explorer and System Tray

Different date formats for File Explorer and System Tray: Hello, I recently updated the system tray's date format by adjusting the short date. But now I noticed that when I openFile Explorer, the date format for Date Modified and Date Created is the same as the one I created for the System tray. I don't want it to be the same...
  7. Different date formats for Windows Explorer and System Tray

Different date formats for Windows Explorer and System Tray: Hello, I recently updated the system tray's date format by adjusting the short date. But now I noticed that when I openFile Explorer, the date format for Date Modified and Date Created is the same as the one I created for the System tray. I don't want it to be the same...
  8. Date Format different on computer to one programme

Date Format different on computer to one programme: Have just bought a new computer - Windows 10 - region date format on computer is dd/mm/yyyy but when I go into a particular programme it is showing those dates as mm/dd/yyyy. How to I get this to show correct date format in my programme as on my old computer it was correct?...
  9. Region setting date format: can it use different locale/language?

Region setting date format: can it use different locale/language?: Hi, The region setting starts with a format, e.g. English United States. In additional setting -> Date, we can set the format string for the date. For example, dddd,MMMM d, yyyy Is it possible to force a different language for date? Thanks...
  10. Short Date format options differ

Short Date format options differ: I have a question about why I have different short date data format options on my SP6 vs my SP3 when they are both running ver 1903. SP6 [ATTACH] SP3 [ATTACH]...