Windows 10: Windows prompted me to activate my already activated copy of windows, but can't - error...

Discus and support Windows prompted me to activate my already activated copy of windows, but can't - error... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I upgraded to windows 10 from 8.1 some time ago and everything had been going fine until I see a message saying that my windows activation will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Tyrrhena, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Tyrrhena Win User

Windows prompted me to activate my already activated copy of windows, but can't - error...

Hi,

I upgraded to windows 10 from 8.1 some time ago and everything had been going fine until I see a message saying that my windows activation will expire soon. I tried re-entering my key and it gave me an error. Tried some of the work arounds I have seen on these forums and nothing has worked - in fact it seems to have made it worse. I tried purging the key from the system and re-entering it, however it says:

The product key you entered didn't work. Check the product key and try again, or enter a different one. (0xc004f050)

I dug around further and the furthest I was able to get was to get the message:

We found a Windows 10 Home digital license for this device running Windows 10 Home. To activate using this digital license, you need to install Windows 10 Home.

Searched for how to fix this and saw to type slmgr -dli into the command prompt. It told me that:

Please use slmgr.vbs /ato to activate and update KMS client information in order to update values. (0xC00F056)

So I did and:

The Software Licensing Service reported that the computer could not be activated. No Key Management Service (KMS) could be contacted. Please see the Application Event Log for additional information.

Now I'm unsure how to proceed with fixing this error

:)

Tyrrhena, Feb 11, 2019
  2. qubit Win User

Windows activation . . .

In the Windows activation status page is it still showing as activated, or do you have something like 3 days to do it in?

qubit, Feb 11, 2019
  3. pbmaster Win User
    Windows XP activation

How many times can a single version of Windows XP be activated? To be more specific, it's XP Home. Just wondering if I need to buy another copy.

pbmaster, Feb 11, 2019
  4. Windows prompted me to activate my already activated copy of windows, but can't - error...

Windows 7 Activation Problem

i got a popup saying you need to activated your copy of windows after i installed some update then went and checked and it was still activated, i think microcrap updates are messing thing around

Live OR Die, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

Windows prompted me to activate my already activated copy of windows, but can't - error...

1. Windows prompted me to activate my already activated copy of windows, but can't - error... - Similar Threads - prompted activate already

2. windows telling me to activate itself... while already activated?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows telling me to activate itself... while already activated?: I've had my computer for almost 5 years now, and I've run into problems, but they were always small issues with the hard drive or a few drivers needed to be updated. now, I've run into a problem a bit bigger than that. a couple days ago i ran into the glitch where my windows...
  3. windows telling me to activate itself... while already activated?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows telling me to activate itself... while already activated?: I've had my computer for almost 5 years now, and I've run into problems, but they were always small issues with the hard drive or a few drivers needed to be updated. now, I've run into a problem a bit bigger than that. a couple days ago i ran into the glitch where my windows...
  4. windows telling me to activate itself... while already activated?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows activation but its already activated

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows activation but its already activated: So yeah when ever I set windows to hibernate & turn it on after it shows me the activate windows logo & it won't go away until I restart my computer and my computer takes like 4 minutes to start anybody have a fix submitted by /u/youssefaghazane [link] [comments]...
  6. its telling me to activate windows but ive already activated windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    its telling me to activate windows but ive already activated windows: so last night I was to sleep with my pc on and now the activate windows thing is at the bottom of my screen and its telling me to activate windows but it was already activated anyhelp?...
  7. "Activate Windows" consistently displaying but my Windows is already activated?

"Activate Windows" consistently displaying but my Windows is already activated?: Hi, this message just appeared on my PC and it won't disappear, it's telling me to activate Windows but i already did, when i go to activate Windows, it tells me "Windows can't activate. Try again later." but i've tried numerous times over a couple of hours, and i still get...
  8. "Activate Windows" message on a already activated Windows

"Activate Windows" message on a already activated Windows: Hi,since I updated to 1903,the message on the border of the screen saying that I need to activate Windows appears two times daily,one at afternoon and one during dawn,this is annoying and also causes fps drops on the videogame I'm playing when this happens,as I stated on the...
  9. Activate already activated Windows 10

Activate already activated Windows 10: Hello there, I have a year old Lenovo laptop which I reset a month ago. It came pre-installed with Windows 10 Home edition. I updated everything after resetting and things were working just fine. I hadn't used it since then and when I turned it on today, it asked me to...
  10. Activate Windows prompt error and Activation window white blank error.

Activate Windows prompt error and Activation window white blank error.: Its been 5 months of purchase of my laptop and now its showing blue windows activation prompt as shown... [ATTACH] and when I open activation window, it always displays blank and white window. [ATTACH] I have all the latest windows updates installed. Please help....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Customer getting a propmt to activate Windows where Windows is already activated