Windows 10: Windows Prompting Activation after Computer Reset but code not working

Discus and support Windows Prompting Activation after Computer Reset but code not working in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I had to reset my computer after it was having connectivity issues. I also had to take out a stick of ram beforehand as it was faulty. The reset solved... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Ada1112, Sep 26, 2020.

1. Ada1112 Win User

Windows Prompting Activation after Computer Reset but code not working

I had to reset my computer after it was having connectivity issues. I also had to take out a stick of ram beforehand as it was faulty. The reset solved my connectivity issues and I was able to use windows 10 freely after the reset for about a day. However this morning I am getting the "Activate Windows" watermark prompt. When I go into activation it literally shows my product key and my windows code XXXXs all but the last 4 digits which line up with the code I have yet it still seems to think I don't have an activated Windows 10 Home version. Troubleshooting gives me a prompt that says "We can't activate windows on this device right now. You can try again later or go to the Store to buy genuine Windows 0xc0000022." Attempting to change the product key gives me the error "The product key you entered didn't work 0xc0000022." This is a genuine copy of windows that I purchased from a large retailer less than a year ago, and I have been using it just fine for months up until now.

:)

Ada1112, Sep 26, 2020
  2. Naelex Win User

Windows 7 Club

How to Rearm and Extend Free Usage (Activation Grace Period) of Windows 7 to 120 Days

‘Rearm’ trick on Windows 7 is done using the similar commands and steps with Windows Vista. Follow these steps to reset and extend activation grace period from 30 days to 120 days in Windows 7:

Type any of the following commands into the command prompt, and then hit Enter:

Code: sysprep /generalize slmgr.vbs –rearm rundll32 slc.dll,SLReArmWindows slmgr /rearm[/quote] As rearm only works for 3 times, make sure the command is only been run when the 30 days countdown of evaluation period is almost expired.

source: mydigitallife.info

Naelex, Sep 26, 2020
  3. linhlz Win User
    Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

Possibly there can be the problem with Microsoft activation Server, so your Windows 10 is not activated. In this scenario, you need to wait and verify if it is the issue from Microsoft’s side. But if you are getting error code 0x803f7001, you can also try these steps:

1. Open Settings app. Then go to Update and security > Activation screen > Change product.
    2. Type your Windows edition product key and click Next.
    3. You’ll get We couldn’t activate Windows error message.
    4. Retry steps 1-3 then type your 25-characters unique product key.
    5. Wait for the process to complete, Windows 10 is activated.
    Hope something helps this problem

linhlz, Sep 26, 2020
  4. Duyenhip Win User

Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

thanks
    I activated my Windows 10 from product key Windows 7

Duyenhip, Sep 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Prompting Activation after Computer Reset but code not working - Similar Threads - Prompting Activation Computer

2. Windows activation code not working?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows activation code not working?: Windows activation code not working. Originally Windows 7 home premium on dell - now trying to start up in XP - cant get past activation window - no customer support for XP. Maybe there is a way to force computer to boot up in 7?...
  3. Windows Activation after reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Activation after reset: Hello,I did a windows reset after bios problems on my Lenovo. I used a recovery disk from another laptop.After reset, windows cannot activate automatically. I don't have the original windows key as it is the version that came with the computer when i bought it.Thank you...
  4. Windows Activation after reset

Windows Activation after reset: Hello,I did a windows reset after bios problems on my Lenovo. I used a recovery disk from another laptop.After reset, windows cannot activate automatically. I don't have the original windows key as it is the version that came with the computer when i bought it.Thank you...
  5. After update now there is a prompt to "Activate Windows".

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    After update now there is a prompt to "Activate Windows".: Windows updated my 5 year old laptop a few days ago and now I have a "Activate Windows" prompt in the right hand corner above the date and time. How to I get rid of it?I have checked in settings and Windows 10 is activated with a digital code. So the problem isn't the...
  6. After update now there is a prompt to "Activate Windows".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After update now there is a prompt to "Activate Windows".: Windows updated my 5 year old laptop a few days ago and now I have a "Activate Windows" prompt in the right hand corner above the date and time. How to I get rid of it?I have checked in settings and Windows 10 is activated with a digital code. So the problem isn't the...
  7. After update now there is a prompt to "Activate Windows".

8. Windows activation after reset

Windows activation after reset: Had to reset computer. Had Windows 10 from when free download was offered. After reset when attempting to activate Windows got and error message of 0xC004F012. I do not have the registration key from the first installation of Windows 10....
  9. Activation of windows after reset

Activation of windows after reset: I did reset my laptop last month and after reset it asked me for product key. I skipped and found that my Windows is no more activated. I changed my motherboard in June but it didn't create any issues with activation till I reset in December. I tried activation after hardware...
  10. windows activation not working after computer repair

windows activation not working after computer repair: Hi, I recently had my motherboard replaced as it was broken. And since then my windows is saying it's not activated. I had an activation code on a sticker on the computer but it is unreadable. I was wondering if there was any way to get my windows activating without having to...