Windows 10: Windows Prompting Me with a Login Screen Requesting a Username and Password

Discus and support Windows Prompting Me with a Login Screen Requesting a Username and Password in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; When I set my Windows up for the first time in my laptop, I used a local account instead of signing into a Microsoft account. The set up was well and... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by John Doe_225, May 3, 2022.

1. Windows Prompting Me with a Login Screen Requesting a Username and Password

When I set my Windows up for the first time in my laptop, I used a local account instead of signing into a Microsoft account. The set up was well and no issues happened then.A couple months later to now, I am suddenly requested to enter both my Username and Password. I have been signing into my computer using just my password. I guess into puting my computer name in the username field and my password in its respective field but an infinite logging in screen appears. Trying with any other value to login will result in an "incorrect error."I tried going into Safe Mode but the issue still persist

:)

John Doe_225, May 3, 2022
  2. Try3 Win User

Logoff/Login password prompt

I do not know what to suggest.

I just created a local user account with no password, logged out of my normal user account and selected it for login. This is what was displayed.

Windows Prompting Me with a Login Screen Requesting a Username and Password [​IMG]

I clicked on the SignIn button and went straight through to its Desktop.
    I repeated this logout-login procedure in case its first login had been different but this is how it always appeared.

The username of the problem account is not Administrator, is it?

Denis

Try3, May 3, 2022
  3. marchinok Win User
    No password prompt at login screen. Can not login.

After I configured to start up the Windows 10 with the safe mode as following method for uninstalling a software, it does not prompt to enter a password at login screen anymore.

It was working fine until now.

Windows Prompting Me with a Login Screen Requesting a Username and Password [​IMG]

I have tried following but no luck.

1. Pressed Windows icon + r to launch a run command - No response
    2. Pressed the space, enter, and any other buttons to launch a password prompt - No response. *It seemed to accept a keyboard entry. i.e. Caps lock works
    3. Tried to start up the Windows 10 using F8 safe mode (I know it does not work for Windows 10 but I tried anyway)
    4. Switched the Microsoft account by selecting lower left corner account options - It did switched the account but no password prompt.

As I can not login to the Windows, I am using my second PC to create the post. Please help.

marchinok, May 3, 2022
  4. Windows Prompting Me with a Login Screen Requesting a Username and Password

No password prompt at login screen. Can not login.

Hi Marchinok,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and your effort towards resolving it.

I suggest you to restart you system and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press and hold the Shift key from the Keyboard and click on
      Power
      button.
    • Click on Restart and try to enter the Safe mode.
    Kindly try to start your computer in Safe mode from the Windows Recovery Environment.

Please refer to the below link to start the computer in Safe mode.

Windows Startup Settings (including safe mode)

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Once you have entered into the Safe mode then, open Command Prompt and enable Built in Administrator.

Follow the below steps to enable Built in Administrator:

• Open Command Prompt from Windows Recovery Environment.
    • Copy and paste the below command and press Enter.
    net user administrator /active:yes

3. Close the Command Prompt.

4. Try to login though Built in Administrator and change the earlier password or you can create new user account.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, May 3, 2022
Thema:

Windows Prompting Me with a Login Screen Requesting a Username and Password

1. Windows Prompting Me with a Login Screen Requesting a Username and Password - Similar Threads - Prompting Login Screen

2. Username-password login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Username-password login: OK so I want to make to where you need a username and password like for when you are logging into a remote cpu I followed the steps but it will not show up here is a set of pictures to help identify it...
  3. Username-password login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Username-password login: OK so I want to make to where you need a username and password like for when you are logging into a remote cpu I followed the steps but it will not show up here is a set of pictures to help identify it...
  4. Windows Prompting Me with a Login Screen Requesting a Username and Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Prompting Me with a Login Screen Requesting a Username and Password: When I set my Windows up for the first time in my laptop, I used a local account instead of signing into a Microsoft account. The set up was well and no issues happened then.A couple months later to now, I am suddenly requested to enter both my Username and Password. I have...
  5. Windows Prompting Me with a Login Screen Requesting a Username and Password

Windows Prompting Me with a Login Screen Requesting a Username and Password: When I set my Windows up for the first time in my laptop, I used a local account instead of signing into a Microsoft account. The set up was well and no issues happened then.A couple months later to now, I am suddenly requested to enter both my Username and Password. I have...
  6. No password prompt at login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No password prompt at login screen: Hello, I have a very bad issue with my Acer laptop running on windows 10, i recently signed out on my pc now my login screen doesn't want to show any password prompt and CTRL + ALT + DEL keys doesn't work. In addition any key combinations doesn't work. I've tried so many...
  7. No password prompt at login screen

No password prompt at login screen: Hello, I have a very bad issue with my Acer laptop running on windows 10, i recently signed out on my pc now my login screen doesn't want to show any password prompt and CTRL + ALT + DEL keys doesn't work. In addition any key combinations doesn't work. I've tried so many...
  8. No password prompt at login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  9. Password and username login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password and username login: I just posted the question regarding manually logging in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-and-username-login/755eceb8-be5f-4c8d-9201-37475b01451e
  10. Password and username login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password and username login: When I go to certain websites that require a username and password this information seems to be there and I just have to use the enter button. How do I change this format so that I have to manually type in the username and password because I don't feel comfortable with the...