Windows 10: Windows prompts me with what os i want to use each time it boots

Discus and support Windows prompts me with what os i want to use each time it boots in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/VWC980 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kaum7b/windows_prompts_me_with_what_os_i_want_to_use/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/VWC980, Dec 10, 2020.

1. /u/VWC980 Win User

Windows prompts me with what os i want to use each time it boots

/u/VWC980, Dec 10, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

3. Fastmix Win User
    Boot Time

No windows os can boot in 6 seconds...next time smoke after you boot.

Fastmix, Dec 10, 2020
  4. Windows prompts me with what os i want to use each time it boots

Windows OS with low footprint with minimum boot time

I need a windows operating system with minimum boot time (15 secs). Minimum requirement of dot net frame work 4.0 & lesser functionality. I have tried with windows XP embedded and Windows 7 embedded, but not able to achieve required boot time. Please suggest
    a lighter version of OS which meets the boot time requirement.

AshishPorwal, Dec 10, 2020
Thema:

Windows prompts me with what os i want to use each time it boots

1. Windows prompts me with what os i want to use each time it boots - Similar Threads - prompts each boots

2. Windows 10 asks me what program I want to use to open this file each time the desktop...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 asks me what program I want to use to open this file each time the desktop...: Each time my Windows 10 desktop computer starts, a pop-up asks me what program I want to use to open this file. It does not say what file it is talking about, but it has a box to tick to always use this app to open .Hp4364 files. How do I find out what file it is trying to...
  3. Windows 10 asks me what program I want to use to open this file each time the desktop...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 asks me what program I want to use to open this file each time the desktop...: Each time my Windows 10 desktop computer starts, a pop-up asks me what program I want to use to open this file. It does not say what file it is talking about, but it has a box to tick to always use this app to open .Hp4364 files. How do I find out what file it is trying to...
  4. Windows 10 asks me what program I want to use to open this file each time the desktop...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Slow boot time to OS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slow boot time to OS: As the title suggests, the load time of OS is extremely long(spinning white dots i believe), about 15-25 seconds. Which makes my boot-up time from button pressed to windows screen 50~ seconds Windows is installed on SSD, and i have another HDD connected. Troubleshooting:...
  6. Log on Each Time Booting

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Log on Each Time Booting: I just purchased a new 17" HP with Windows 10... Each time I shut down and later want turn on the computer, I have to log on. How can I eliminate this requirement?...
  7. I want to login to 4 win10 devices at the same time to use different programs on each...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I want to login to 4 win10 devices at the same time to use different programs on each...: I want to login to 4 win10 devices at the same time to use different programs on each device at the same time. How and if this will effect the login for any of the devices and any programs on them....
  8. Is It Possible to have a choice of what OS you want to boot up?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is It Possible to have a choice of what OS you want to boot up?: Ok so, several months ago, I visited the University of Arkansas Library and used one of their computers. When I set down, I noticed the image that was on the monitor and it basically said "Choose which operating system you want to boot in to".... It sort of looked like this,...
  9. Is It Possible to have a choice of what OS you want to boot up?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is It Possible to have a choice of what OS you want to boot up?: Ok so, several months ago, I visited the University of Arkansas Library and used one of their computers. When I set down, I noticed the image that was on the monitor and it basically said "Choose which operating system you want to boot in to".... It sort of looked like this,...
  10. What I want in an OS

in Windows 10 Support
    What I want in an OS: IF Microsoft were to ask me what I want in an OS, it would be the following... Give me the choice to COMPLETELY decide what I want and don't want. And an explanation of why I can't refuse some particular feature. This would make me very happy. But alas it will never...