Windows 10: windows prompts to select volume 9 or volume 3 on bootup

Discus and support windows prompts to select volume 9 or volume 3 on bootup in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; i recently installed a new ssd on my hp laptop and erased the old drive data but now when i boot my laptop it asks me to choose a volume. How do i turn... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AshwinHaridas1, Jun 17, 2021.

1. windows prompts to select volume 9 or volume 3 on bootup

i recently installed a new ssd on my hp laptop and erased the old drive data but now when i boot my laptop it asks me to choose a volume. How do i turn this feature off and automatically boot to volume 9 ssd. Thank you

:)

AshwinHaridas1, Jun 17, 2021
  2. zbook Win User

Windows Couldn't update the system reserved partition

What is your operating system version and build?

What troubleshooting steps have you made?

Open administrative command prompt and run: C:\$Windows.~BT\Sources\Panther

Search for these log files and post with onedrive or a cloud link.
    setupact.log
    setuperr.log

In administrative command prompt run:

1) diskpart
    2) list disk
    3) select volume 0
    4) list volume
    5) select volume 1
    6) list partition
    7) select volume 2
    8) list partition
    9) select volume 3
    10) list partition
    11) select volume 4
    12) list partition
    13) exit

Please copy and paste into the post.

zbook, Jun 17, 2021
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    Unmountable boot volume

In Command Prompt (admin) ["run as administrator" command prompt]:

diskpart
    list disk
    select disk # (<--insert the disk # that appears to be the hard drive)
    list volume

Attachment 79806

If you don't see a Windows partition mounted as a volume then:

list part

Attachment 79808

NavyLCDR, Jun 17, 2021
  4. windows prompts to select volume 9 or volume 3 on bootup

Taptiles Volume

Hi,

I understand the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

1. After opening the game, right click on the sound icon in the taskbar and select "open volume mixer".

2. If the particular game is listed, turn down the volume and check the result.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Jun 17, 2021
Thema:

windows prompts to select volume 9 or volume 3 on bootup

1. windows prompts to select volume 9 or volume 3 on bootup - Similar Threads - prompts select volume

2. Volume selection in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume selection in Windows 10: A window appears in front of me to choose between Volume 2 or 3. There is also another option, and I do not know what that means https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-selection-in-windows-10/ecbc4906-52ec-4974-a9bf-00691bcba183
  3. Volume selection in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume selection in Windows 10: A window appears in front of me to choose between Volume 2 or 3. There is also another option, and I do not know what that means https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-selection-in-windows-10/ecbc4906-52ec-4974-a9bf-00691bcba183
  4. Volume selection in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 11 on different volumes volume 3 and volume 4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 on different volumes volume 3 and volume 4: Hello. I recently bought a new laptop Lenovo IdeaPad 5 14ITL05 and also i bought Windows 11. After the first installation, which went good, I tought that I didn’t set up the partitions I later found out that i could set them up like i wanted from the settings so i tried to...
  6. Windows 11 on different volumes volume 3 and volume 4

Windows 11 on different volumes volume 3 and volume 4: Hello. I recently bought a new laptop Lenovo IdeaPad 5 14ITL05 and also i bought Windows 11. After the first installation, which went good, I tought that I didn’t set up the partitions I later found out that i could set them up like i wanted from the settings so i tried to...
  7. Windows 10, Volume 3, and a duplicate with no volume shown.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10, Volume 3, and a duplicate with no volume shown.: I did the clean reinstall of Windows 10 to my laptop. I got a more recent version from the internet, made a bootable flash drive, and with help got the job done. Next, I loaded back all my apps, and settings. It took many hours but once done this 5 year old laptop ran so much...
  8. Windows 10, Volume 3, and a duplicate with no volume shown.

Windows 10, Volume 3, and a duplicate with no volume shown.: I did the clean reinstall of Windows 10 to my laptop. I got a more recent version from the internet, made a bootable flash drive, and with help got the job done. Next, I loaded back all my apps, and settings. It took many hours but once done this 5 year old laptop ran so much...
  9. Windows 10, Volume 3, and a duplicate with no volume shown.

10. Select volume 3 loop

Select volume 3 loop: Hi,I just performed a restore, choosing to keep my files. When all of it was done, it booted up into a screen that asked to select Windows 10 on Volume 3.There are 2 choices - Windows 10 on Volume 3 - and they are identical.Whether I choose either of them manually or let it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 on volume 3 or 7

2. volume 3 or 6 for windows 10