Windows 10: Windows Properties Location Tab is gone?!

Discus and support Windows Properties Location Tab is gone?! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, If I change the location for a folder the location Tab does not shown any more, so How can I let Location Tab to be shown and visible all the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ssdusd, Apr 9, 2021.

1. ssdusd Win User

Windows Properties Location Tab is gone?!

Hi,

If I change the location for a folder the location Tab does not shown any more, so How can I let Location Tab to be shown and visible all the time?

Windows Properties Location Tab is gone?! 62ab6d31-d9c9-43a9-9e69-6c9ddd5c4c77?upload=true.png

:)

ssdusd, Apr 9, 2021

2. Location-tab in Properties

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The information provided by you in the post, seems to be the Location tab is missing under
    Properties.

Usually the Location tab will be present under
    Properties
    for the folders listed under Quick Access (Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures) and folders listed under
    This PC (3d Objects, Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures, Videos).

In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please provide us the screenshot of the windows where you are not able to get the
    Location tab under properties. (Please follow the steps mentioned in the

screenshot
    posted by Shawn ‘Cmdr’ Keene on Oct 2, 2015 to post the screenshots.) Do not share any personal information in the screenshots.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Apr 9, 2021
  3. Location-tab in Properties

Windows Properties Location Tab is gone?! 8bdeff40-e7f4-43dd-a99d-d18297e40038?upload=true.jpg

Stefadriaenssens, Apr 9, 2021
  4. idgat Win User

Location Tab Missing from Almost All Folders

I assume your referring to the Location tab in the Properties of user folders .... Documents, Desktop, Downloads, Pictures, etc

If the tab is missing, it would suggest you're not looking at/accessing the actual user system folder, but simply folders that have the same name(s).

Do the folder listing(s) in Windows/File Explorer have the user system icon, or are they just plain common everyday folder icons?

Try restoring the icons to their default location C:\Users\username\

Note : "Restoring" doesn't mean simply copy/move > paste. The registry has to be adjusted accordingly. This forum has steps to do just that ...
    Restore Default Location of Personal Folders in Windows 10

Looking at this part, and having second thooughts ...

Yo don't "create" user system folders, you have to re-locate them from the original system location (as indicated above).

But if you're referring to everyday-usage user-created personal folders ..... they don't have a Location tab.

idgat, Apr 9, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows Properties Location Tab is gone?! - Similar Threads - Properties Location Tab

2. Windows 11 Documents folder "location tab" that is missing from Properties

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Documents folder "location tab" that is missing from Properties: As requested by Ramesh Srinivasan I am opening a new thread but as I posted in this thread https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-documents-folder-location-tab-that-is/89a13aaa-0d79-4353-a669-871ac8024949 I have the same problem.Just bought a new HP...
  3. Missing buttons in "Location" tab in "Documents Properties" window

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing buttons in "Location" tab in "Documents Properties" window: Hello,I have a problem:We used to use Roaming profiles and are now migrating to Onedrive, but when I turned off file sync and removed roaming profile from users in AD I noticed that I can change the location to default for music, videos and pictures, but not for documents...
  4. Missing buttons in "Location" tab in "Documents Properties" window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing buttons in "Location" tab in "Documents Properties" window: Hello,I have a problem:We used to use Roaming profiles and are now migrating to Onedrive, but when I turned off file sync and removed roaming profile from users in AD I noticed that I can change the location to default for music, videos and pictures, but not for documents...
  5. Missing buttons in "Location" tab in "Documents Properties" window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. No Location tab in Properties in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    No Location tab in Properties in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]When you right-click on folders that support being moved on your Windows 11/10 computer, in the Folder Properties box, you will see the Location tab. But if for some reason the Location tab in properties is missing, then we show you how you can add it back. No...
  7. Lost screenshots; location tab missing from properties

Lost screenshots; location tab missing from properties: Hi community! I am so distressed and hope someone here can help. I am working a job where I need to take a ton of screenshots daily literally hundreds so in order to keep things organized I stupidly thought it would be easier to change where screenshots were stored. My plan...
  8. No locations tab for documents when I click properties.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No locations tab for documents when I click properties.: Hi! This is my first post ever on Reddit, sadly it will be used to ask the question of, "How do I get my locations tab back when I click properties?" I've searched everywhere for this simple question but, I can't seem to find a solution to my problem. I feel like my laptop...
  9. Regular subdirectories missing and "location" tab missing in properties

Regular subdirectories missing and "location" tab missing in properties: Hi - I hope someone can point me in the right direction. I am setting up a new PC which has an SSD C: for programs and HDD D: for data. I have successfully relocated the regular subdirectories Docs/photos etc. to the HDD for my profile, but when I attempt the same for other...
  10. Location-tab in Properties

in Windows 10 Customization
    Location-tab in Properties: Hallo! I am using windows10 In all my property-windows I am missing my "Location3-tab. So I can't move certain personal files in a proper way. Can someone help me with this?...