Windows 10: Windows protected your PC

Discus and support Windows protected your PC in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I am a developer of an open source program called Universal Media Server. Recently our users started reporting that they see popups before running... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SubJunk, Jul 29, 2020.

1. SubJunk Win User

Windows protected your PC

Hi,

I am a developer of an open source program called Universal Media Server. Recently our users started reporting that they see popups before running the installer, like https://prnt.sc/th6ygr

I have tried to do research and see why this is suddenly happening but I don't see why - we have been doing releases for years with no problems. Is there anything we can do to prove we are still trustworthy?

:)

SubJunk, Jul 29, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 29, 2020
  3. Steve C Win User
    Need Serious Help: How To Record Video of What is Done on my PC?

I suggest the following simple steps:

1. Set the autosave options in MS Office to a low value say 5 minutes.
    2. Setup file history to autosave frequently - the shortest period is 5 mins
    3. Install Macrium Reflect Free and configure it to do a daily incremental system backup

You should be well covered if you do the above to protect your key files.

Steve C, Jul 29, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows protected your PC - Similar Threads - protected

2. how to enable virus and threat protection when it is blocked by administration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to enable virus and threat protection when it is blocked by administration: how to enable virus and threat protection when it is blocked bu administration https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-enable-virus-and-threat-protection-when-it/cb35c929-0a09-4cf5-9a56-0cb312853c39
  3. how to enable virus and threat protection when it is blocked by administration

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to enable virus and threat protection when it is blocked by administration: how to enable virus and threat protection when it is blocked bu administration https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-enable-virus-and-threat-protection-when-it/cb35c929-0a09-4cf5-9a56-0cb312853c39
  4. Virus and threat protection update needed but states engine unavailable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus and threat protection update needed but states engine unavailable: How do I update ‘virus and threat protection’ when engine is unavailable https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-and-threat-protection-update-needed-but/535d6aa6-3fbf-42f7-91ab-9aedf471a6a7
  5. Virus and threat protection update needed but states engine unavailable

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus and threat protection update needed but states engine unavailable: How do I update ‘virus and threat protection’ when engine is unavailable https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-and-threat-protection-update-needed-but/535d6aa6-3fbf-42f7-91ab-9aedf471a6a7
  6. Virus and threat protection update needed but states engine unavailable

7. Protection History Windows 11 23H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Protection History Windows 11 23H2: Cannot delete Protection History. I have tried every way suggested, delete History Service folder, Event viewer clear log, PowerShell etc. to remove Protection History but the logs still do not delete. Windows Security as a whole seems to be working perfectly so I doubt it is...
  8. Protection History Windows 11 23H2

Protection History Windows 11 23H2: Cannot delete Protection History. I have tried every way suggested, delete History Service folder, Event viewer clear log, PowerShell etc. to remove Protection History but the logs still do not delete. Windows Security as a whole seems to be working perfectly so I doubt it is...
  9. Can't Start up Software Protection Service

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't Start up Software Protection Service: Just migrated windows and other files from one a SSD to a M.2, and now my activate windows watermark is back and the software protection service is not running and I am unable to get it running. I get an error code 5: Access Denied when I try to run in manually in Services. I...
  10. Can't Start up Software Protection Service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Start up Software Protection Service: Just migrated windows and other files from one a SSD to a M.2, and now my activate windows watermark is back and the software protection service is not running and I am unable to get it running. I get an error code 5: Access Denied when I try to run in manually in Services. I...