Windows 10: windows protection history

Discus and support windows protection history in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My PC has got attack because of clicking windows protection history. How can I remove windows protection history from my PC permenantly?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by .M.L., Aug 6, 2020.

1. .M.L. Win User

windows protection history

My PC has got attack because of clicking windows protection history. How can I remove windows protection history from my PC permenantly?

:)

.M.L., Aug 6, 2020
  2. Zehlewi Win User

Clearing Windows Defender history

Hey, what you need to do is so simple, just follow the steps below exactly in order:
    1. Turn OFF Real-time Protection
    2. Turn OFF Cloud-delivered Protection
    3. Go to this folder C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\History\Service
    4. Delete the contents in the folder
    5. Turn ON Real-time Protection
    6. Turn ON Cloud-delivered Protection
    That's it... Now check protection History, it's empty.
    Done!

Zehlewi, Aug 6, 2020
  3. Unable to clear protection history

I am using Windows 10 Home build 1909 and I am unable to clear the Windows Security Protection History...

I have tried...

Open Event viewer and find Log "Operational" under Application and service logs / Microsoft / Windows / Windows defender

Right click on it and select clear log.

and

Delete folder Service C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\History\Service .

After deleting the folder Service, off and turn on (OFF>ON) Real-Time protection and Cloud protection.

And neither suggestion works. Are there any other suggestions to clear the protection history

Microsoft needs to reinstall the clear button.

I have entries because I had Controlled folder access turned on by accident... I have it off now.

Jack Smook, Aug 6, 2020
  4. Steve C Win User

Need Serious Help: How To Record Video of What is Done on my PC?

I suggest the following simple steps:

1. Set the autosave options in MS Office to a low value say 5 minutes.
    2. Setup file history to autosave frequently - the shortest period is 5 mins
    3. Install Macrium Reflect Free and configure it to do a daily incremental system backup

You should be well covered if you do the above to protect your key files.

Steve C, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

1. windows protection history - Similar Threads - protection history

2. Remedation incomplete Detected Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.H!ml in protection history after...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remedation incomplete Detected Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.H!ml in protection history after...: Hi, I've been uneasy about this warning I got in my Windows Defender recently.the full message looks like this: for some reason i can't include a screenshot of itRemediation Incomplete2024-04-21 4:52PMDetected: Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.H!mlStatus: Failedthis threat or app might...
  3. Remedation incomplete Detected Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.H!ml in protection history after...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remedation incomplete Detected Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.H!ml in protection history after...: Hi, I've been uneasy about this warning I got in my Windows Defender recently.the full message looks like this: for some reason i can't include a screenshot of itRemediation Incomplete2024-04-21 4:52PMDetected: Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.H!mlStatus: Failedthis threat or app might...
  4. Remedation incomplete Detected Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.H!ml in protection history after...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Protection History Windows 11 23H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Protection History Windows 11 23H2: Cannot delete Protection History. I have tried every way suggested, delete History Service folder, Event viewer clear log, PowerShell etc. to remove Protection History but the logs still do not delete. Windows Security as a whole seems to be working perfectly so I doubt it is...
  6. Protection History Windows 11 23H2

Protection History Windows 11 23H2: Cannot delete Protection History. I have tried every way suggested, delete History Service folder, Event viewer clear log, PowerShell etc. to remove Protection History but the logs still do not delete. Windows Security as a whole seems to be working perfectly so I doubt it is...
  7. Help with Windows defender protection history.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with Windows defender protection history.: There are two items on protection history that regard to the exact same virus on the same file item A.Since the support system won't upload my file, here's the explanation.First one on 20:14 am, statingRemediation IncompleteDetected: Virus:Win32\Grenam.VA!MSRStatus: Clean...
  8. Help with Windows defender protection history.

Help with Windows defender protection history.: There are two items on protection history that regard to the exact same virus on the same file item A.Since the support system won't upload my file, here's the explanation.First one on 20:14 am, statingRemediation IncompleteDetected: Virus:Win32\Grenam.VA!MSRStatus: Clean...
  9. Help Windows Security , Protection History is Crash!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help Windows Security , Protection History is Crash!: tried this solution https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/protection-history-crashes/e6d54506-4712-4bb0-88bc-8b518b3d8bf0 it might work, but i can't take ownership , even using InstallTakeOwnership.reg, please help...
  10. Help Windows Security , Protection History is Crash!

Help Windows Security , Protection History is Crash!: tried this solution https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/protection-history-crashes/e6d54506-4712-4bb0-88bc-8b518b3d8bf0 it might work, but i can't take ownership , even using InstallTakeOwnership.reg, please help...