Windows 10: Windows Push Notifications User Service - High CPU usage

Discus and support Windows Push Notifications User Service - High CPU usage in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi. For several weeks now, I have been having a problem with my laptop, running Windows 10 Home Edition, in that there is high amount of CPU usage,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Deltic, Jan 10, 2021.

1. Deltic Win User

Windows Push Notifications User Service - High CPU usage

Hi. For several weeks now, I have been having a problem with my laptop, running Windows 10 Home Edition, in that there is high amount of CPU usage, even when the computer is supposedly idling; so much so the cooling fans have to run all the time.

When I look on Task Manager, it seems that 'Windows Push Notifications User Service' is continually taking between 20 and 30% of CPU usage. In the Power Usage column it is shown as 'Very High' with a red background.

Can you suggest a fix for this? I have tried disabling Notifications in Settings, but this seems to have no effect. My version of Windows is fully updated.

Thank you.

:)

Deltic, Jan 10, 2021

2. High Memory Usage by "Service Host: Windows Notifications User Service_3c1f5"

For us to know if it's a faulty or outdated driver, can you send us a screenshot of associated file. Here are the steps:

• Type in Task Manager in the search bar
    • Right-click Service Host: Windows Push Notifications User Service_3c1f5
    • Click Properties and go to the General tab
    • Send us a screenshot of the Properties

We'll wait for your response.

Marilou Ser, Jan 10, 2021
  3. Windows Explorer high CPU Usage in Windows 10

Hi Andrew,

Usually, too many background processes can boost your CPU usage. Since you already disabled the apps that are not necessary on startup,
    we suggest checking the applications running once you have successfully boot Windows 10. To do this, simply follow the steps below:

• Click on the Start button and type Task Manager on the search box.
    • On the Task Manager window, you should see the programs running.
    • Click on the More details drop-down button to see the total number of apps running and their real-time CPU usage.

From there, you should see what applications are running on high CPU usage. You can also
    restart the Windows Management Instrumentation service and see if your CPU performance will improve. Follow the instructions below to restart the service:

• Click on the Start button and type Services.
    • Scroll down the list and look for Windows Management Instrumentation.
    • Right click on it and select Restart.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Jan 10, 2021
  4. Eric Ber Win User

service host high cpu usage

Hi Natalie,

Conflicts with the Firewall & Network protection settings is one of the possible reasons why you are having a high cpu usage on your computer. We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps in this

thread
    that was provided by Jean-Baptiste Dumuids to resolve the issue. Many community members find his post helpful.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Jan 10, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows Push Notifications User Service - High CPU usage - Similar Threads - Push Notifications User

2. Windows Push Notifications User Service High Memory or CPU usage

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Push Notifications User Service High Memory or CPU usage: [IMG]If Windows Push Notifications User Service is consuming high Memory or CPU usage in Windows 11/10, here is how you can eliminate this problem. It likely happens when you start your computer or connect it to the internet after a long time since all the apps try to show...
  3. Service Host, High CPU Usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Service Host, High CPU Usage: I have followed instructions in another post but it is still high in usage. I tried ending the task but it would keep popping up a second later....
  4. CxUiUSvc Service high CPU usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CxUiUSvc Service high CPU usage: Yo my problem right now is this process called "CxUiUSvc Service" is taking up way too much CPU usage . I don't know what it is or what it does that's why im asking here and how do i like stop it. If anyone is wondering, my Windows 10 version is "21H2" I recently just updated...
  5. CxUiUSvc Service high CPU usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CxUiUSvc Service high CPU usage: Yo my problem right now is this process called "CxUiUSvc Service" is taking up way too much CPU usage . I don't know what it is or what it does that's why im asking here and how do i like stop it. If anyone is wondering, my Windows 10 version is "21H2" I recently just updated...
  6. CxUiUSvc Service high CPU usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows Push Notifications User Service - High CPU usage

Windows Push Notifications User Service - High CPU usage: Hi. For several weeks now, I have been having a problem with my laptop, running Windows 10 Home Edition, in that there is high amount of CPU usage, even when the computer is supposedly idling; so much so the cooling fans have to run all the time. When I look on Task...
  8. service host: windows push notification user service

service host: windows push notification user service: greetings I notice that every couple of days the laptop becomes very slow and it hangs up, while its cooling van noise becomes very high and the laptop temperature becomes high, service host: windows push notification user service 10d367f4 consumes most of the ram 98%...
  9. Windows push notifications user service

Windows push notifications user service: Please help All new pc parts : Motherboard : Asus prime H310M-A CPU : Intel i5 8400 RAM : G.Skill ( xmp to 2400mhz) PSU : cooler master 450w masterwatt except HDD : Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB SATA 6Gb/s Scanned with no bad sectors or errors All drivers up to date...
  10. Windows Push Notification User Service always crashing

Windows Push Notification User Service always crashing: For the past week, I've continually found this critical error in my reliability monitor - Windows Push Notifications User Service stopped working. I have used sfc /scannow, chkdsk /f C: and DISM and they all have shown no problems. I have also done multiple virus/malware...