Windows 10: Windows pushed a new nvidia driver via update

Discus and support Windows pushed a new nvidia driver via update in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Just checked windows updates manually and a new nvidia driver got pushed. I never update them myself but got a big leap in version number to 432.00.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Scottyboy99, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Windows pushed a new nvidia driver via update

Just checked windows updates manually and a new nvidia driver got pushed. I never update them myself but got a big leap in version number to 432.00. Anyone else getting the same? Some brief testing seems fine in aftermath but I tried googling and even checking the gpu thread but there is no info on this version number. It only made me raise an eyebrow because I ran 3D mark after and on the result page it said my driver is not an approved one. Result was ok, dropped maybe a couple hundred marks which prob equates to 1 FPS in games but seems strange given that MS has pushed it out to me

:)

Scottyboy99, Nov 15, 2019
  2. btarunr Win User

NVIDIA Adds Windows 8 to GeForce Driver Update Stack

AMD may have been the first to be out with drivers for its Radeon GPUs that are optimized for Windows 8 (WDDM 1.2), but NVIDIA went a step ahead of "special-releases" for its GeForce drivers, and added Windows 8 to its update stack, meaning that Windows 8 will feature in the list of operating systems to pick from, to download drivers. NVIDIA will constantly update these drivers along with mainline releases for Windows 7/Vista and XP. The latest such driver is 296.17. This driver supports GeForce and Quadro GPUs, and according to NVIDIA, is a quick-update over 295.73 WHQL, with the addition of performance optimization for Blacklight: Retribution.

Windows pushed a new nvidia driver via update 152a_thm.jpg

Source: VR-Zone

btarunr, Nov 15, 2019
  3. BJB
    BJB Win User
    KB3073930 will not hide Nvidia driver update

I pride myself in researching and figure things out but just can't get this one.
    I know I have the most recent NVidia driver from their website. My video is gone.
    I also know all about the show/hide "troubleshooter" (should be called fix a bad MS decision shooter)...anyway, it works fine with several items. However the Nvidia driver update does not show on the list of items in the troubleshooter it can hide!
    So, it keeps showing up with the updates that I DO WANT to download.

Even stranger, some updates showed in the troubleshooter that were not showing in my windows update dialog.

But anyway, the real issue is that I need to hide that Nvidia driver. Any suggestions?

This is a little crazy. I might be okay with OS updates being pushed more but NOT drivers.

Thanks,

4. malware Win User

Windows pushed a new nvidia driver via update

New NVIDIA ForceWare drivers for Windows Vista x86

New NVIDIA ForceWare updated driver for Windows Vista February Customer Technology Preview (CTP) build 5308.FebCTP_Final.060217-2200 is now available for download. This driver has no performance optimizations included and has received limited stability testing.

Release Notes:
    • This driver does not include an Installshield. You must use the INF installation to install this driver by going to the Windows device manager and manually updating the graphics driver.
    • Windows may default to 16bpp color after the driver install and disable the Desktop Window Manager (DWM). To work around this issue set the color to 32bpp and reboot the PC.
    • Please view the Product Support list for all products that work with this driver.
    • These drivers are tested for use only with Microsoft Windows Vista February CTP build 5308.FebCTP_Final.060217-2200 only.
    • The NVIDIA graphics control panel is not included in this driver release.
    Download: ForceWare ver 87.15 for Windows Vista x86 (3,21MB)

Source: NVIDIA

malware, Nov 15, 2019
Thema:

Windows pushed a new nvidia driver via update

1. Windows pushed a new nvidia driver via update - Similar Threads - pushed nvidia driver

2. nvidia driver updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    nvidia driver updates: Today, I attempted to run X-Plane 11 on a windows laptop with a Nvidia Geforce GTX graphics card for the workload. This was working fine a week ago. Now it says my driver needs to be updated. The Vulkan page is confusion. The Nvidia page says that the OEM should put the...
  3. nvidia driver updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    nvidia driver updates: Today, I attempted to run X-Plane 11 on a windows laptop with a Nvidia Geforce GTX graphics card for the workload. This was working fine a week ago. Now it says my driver needs to be updated. The Vulkan page is confusion. The Nvidia page says that the OEM should put the...
  4. incorrect Nvidia drivers via auto update by windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    incorrect Nvidia drivers via auto update by windows: Every time windows updates my video driver it makes it so I can't access my computer. Usually I can enter via safe mode and download the correct driver from nvidia directly. However, this last time, the most recent windows update, I couldn't even use safe mode, and eventually...
  5. Windows pushing an update that breaks Nvidia drivers!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows pushing an update that breaks Nvidia drivers!: I've been pulling my hair out recently over what I thought was the GPU dying in my laptop but in the past day I have found out its driver related. Basically the issue is that my GPU would stop working and "disappear" from my laptop when it would go over ~30% usage Including...
  6. Windows Update for nVidia Drivers?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Update for nVidia Drivers?: Good Morning, My Windows 10 Pro for Workstations desktop has a Pascal era nVidia Quadro. Windows Update WU deployed nvidia proprietary driver v442.50. Is the 'best practice' for Windows 10 just to let WU handle drivers if I'm not experiencing any issues? I ask because...
  7. New nvidia drivers

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    New nvidia drivers: So I installed the new drivers tonight, it installed then restarted annnnnd I got nothing, black screen. Took it out and hooked up onboard graphics and it works. Anyone else have this issue?
  8. Hardware vendors can now push manual driver updates via Windows Update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hardware vendors can now push manual driver updates via Windows Update: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/doenr [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f7ap43/hardware_vendors_can_now_push_manual_driver/
  9. updating nvidia drivers

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    updating nvidia drivers: my laptop is alienware 17 r5 i9 and it has nvidia geforce gtx 1080 graphics card. i am currently on windows 10 build 1809 is having the latest windows build a requirement to install new drivers? i asked a nvidia support agent about that. he said that the new drivers are...
  10. how to uninstall drivers that was pushed via windows update?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to uninstall drivers that was pushed via windows update?: how to uninstall drivers that was pushed via windows update? [ATTACH] This driver update increased the CPU usage by 30% The process that started using CPU is "system" Please assists. Laptop Model - HP Omen CE073TX [ATTACH]...