Windows 10: Windows pushes a preivew update despite having automatic updates disabled

Discus and support Windows pushes a preivew update despite having automatic updates disabled in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have windows 10 pro x64 and have gotten quite annoyed at windows automatically installing updates and taking forever to restart. To combat this I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by EnforcerEnterprise, Sep 4, 2020.

1. Windows pushes a preivew update despite having automatic updates disabled

I have windows 10 pro x64 and have gotten quite annoyed at windows automatically installing updates and taking forever to restart. To combat this I went to group policy editor and disabled automatic updates. Low and behold I went to shut down today and found out that windows wants to install an update. I went to the settings and found out that some "2020-08 cumulative preview update for .NET" got downloaded and is waiting for installation. Of course I DONT want to install a preview update and I sure as hell dont want windows to download it without my permission. I deleted the update files and restarted through CMD. Upon rebooting the update was gone without a trace as expected. However what was not expected was that this update never showed up again when I scanned for updates. Why did windows try to install a preview update I am not a windows insider? And why did windows try to install an update without my permission or a warning?

:)

EnforcerEnterprise, Sep 4, 2020
  2. bigscale Win User

windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, Sep 4, 2020
  3. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Sep 4, 2020
  4. jbunch07 Win User

Windows pushes a preivew update despite having automatic updates disabled

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Windows pushes a preivew update despite having automatic updates disabled :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Sep 4, 2020
Thema:

Windows pushes a preivew update despite having automatic updates disabled

1. Windows pushes a preivew update despite having automatic updates disabled - Similar Threads - pushes preivew update

2. Disable the automatic updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Disable the automatic updates: Hi How do I disable the automatic updates completely on every edition of Windows 10 20H2? Thanks Bye 170059
  3. Disable the automatic updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disable the automatic updates: Hi How do I disable the automatic updates completely on every edition of Windows 10 20H2? Thanks Bye 170059
  4. How to disable windows automatic updates?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable windows automatic updates?: What is the best way to disable windows 10 from automatically restarting for updates in 2020 without risk of losing data or other things? I tried disabling windows updates in services. I have a windows home, so no using group editing policies to stop updates, which was one...
  5. Disable Windows 10 Automatic updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disable Windows 10 Automatic updates: Windows 10 updates automatically,no matter what.Countless users have complained it damages their system and want to completely stop them from happening https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-windows-10-automatic-updates/ba0781f4-83fe-4519-a587-99646c19e571
  6. Disable automatics updates

Disable automatics updates: How to disable automatic updates in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-automatics-updates/d6484564-a7b1-4fd7-bd15-520dd58072cf
  7. Windows update automatically updated my system despite being Disabled!

Windows update automatically updated my system despite being Disabled!: I'm very disappointed to know that my Windows 10 Home 64-Bit Edition does not respect my privacy whatsoever. Last week I upgraded to Windows 10 Home Edition (clean installation) for the first time from my previous Windows 8.1 OS that I had running for 4 years. I disabled...
  8. Disable Windows 10 Automatic Updates

Disable Windows 10 Automatic Updates: I did a Clean Install a few days ago & want to disable Automatic Updates. I know I can by using these steps: 1. Press Windows key + R, type gpedit.msc & press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER, to run the Group Policy Editor as an Admin. 2. Navigate to Computer Configuration >...
  9. Disable Automatic Windows Update Driver Update

Disable Automatic Windows Update Driver Update: Hello and thanks for taking a look at my issue. I have been using my PC manufacturers Synaptics touch-pad driver for years without issue, it is from 2015. The other day Windows 10 automatically updated to some 2017 Synpatics driver. I lost the ability to scroll up or down...
  10. Disable Automatic Updates

Disable Automatic Updates: Right now, after installing Windows 10, I only have the option to Automatically Install Updates or Notify to Schedule Restart. This is a problem, I want to be able to choose what drivers I install. I don't want windows automatically installing all the craptastic 3rd party...