Windows 10: Windows Raid 0, how to save?

Discus and support Windows Raid 0, how to save? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a computer I built with a 1TB SSD on the motherboard my windows was loaded on. I have two drives set up as Raid 0 through Windows 10 with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ShawnMcCully, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Windows Raid 0, how to save?

I have a computer I built with a 1TB SSD on the motherboard my windows was loaded on. I have two drives set up as Raid 0 through Windows 10 with important data on them that isn't fully backed up.

The SSD appears to have gone bad with my Windows on it, preventing the computer from restarting. I have tried to repair the windows install but it can't recognize the drive any longer.

If I install windows on another drive in the computer, will Windows recognize my original Raid 0 configuration on the two Raid 0 drives connected to the computer so I can get the data off?

:)

ShawnMcCully, Apr 22, 2020

2. help raid 0

so what is the step by step to set up raid 0?
    First, format both ssd to the same format: NTFS
    Second, change sata mode in bios from ahci to Raid
    Third, save bios and reboot, press Ctril+ I to enter Raid setup
    Fourth, make a raid disk

is it right?

mrthanhnguyen, Apr 22, 2020
  3. Pinscher Win User
    Raid 0 help

Hi all, I've followed the IRST raid installation directions and I have created myself a Raid 0 volume. Rapid storage confirms my successful migration from a system disc to a raid 0 array. I'm also able to select it as my boot device in BIOS, but what I don't understand is why it is not listed in my Drives under my computer

In fact, my computer still lists my original C: drive with the original capacity. I feel as if I've miss an important step here and I'm unsure how to proceed.

Pinscher, Apr 22, 2020
  4. Windows Raid 0, how to save?

Windows 10 Raid 0

Before my Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Installation, I went into my Motherboard's BIOS and set my two 2TB hard drives in Raid 0 formation. After my Windows 10 Installation, "this computer" sees my "C" drive as only 2TB. Windows 10 should recognize my Raid 0 "C"
    drive capacity as 4TB. Why is windows 10 listing my "C" drive as 2TB? Windows 10 should have spanned the Installation across my two hard drives in RAID 0 formation. Did Windows 10 install only onto one hard drive? How can I correct this Windows Installation
    to span across my two Seagate SSHD hard drives in RAID 0 formation?

Dune 10191, Apr 22, 2020
Thema:

Windows Raid 0, how to save?

1. Windows Raid 0, how to save? - Similar Threads - Raid save

2. Windows 11 does not recognize my PCIe m.2 raid 0 array even though Intel Storage sees it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 does not recognize my PCIe m.2 raid 0 array even though Intel Storage sees it?: I have a raid 0 array on my Asus Dark Hero Motherboard which is visible in bios and is visible in the Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management app, however, is it not visible in Windows 11 Disk Manager. Any ideas, greatly appreciated...
  3. Windows 11 does not recognize my PCIe m.2 raid 0 array even though Intel Storage sees it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 does not recognize my PCIe m.2 raid 0 array even though Intel Storage sees it?: I have a raid 0 array on my Asus Dark Hero Motherboard which is visible in bios and is visible in the Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management app, however, is it not visible in Windows 11 Disk Manager. Any ideas, greatly appreciated...
  4. Parity Raid Error but all Physical drives are OK

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Parity Raid Error but all Physical drives are OK: I have a RAID configured in Microsoft Storage Spaces, it's a Parity RAID with 3 different hard drives outside of my main drive that the OS sits on. I recently lost access to the RAID, when I go to look at the Storage Pool, I can see the 'Storage Spaces' Section says 'Error...
  5. Parity Raid Error but all Physical drives are OK

Parity Raid Error but all Physical drives are OK: I have a RAID configured in Microsoft Storage Spaces, it's a Parity RAID with 3 different hard drives outside of my main drive that the OS sits on. I recently lost access to the RAID, when I go to look at the Storage Pool, I can see the 'Storage Spaces' Section says 'Error...
  6. Parity Raid Error but all Physical drives are OK

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Dell Latitude. Can't Clean-Install because of "AHCI" and "RAID" complications.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell Latitude. Can't Clean-Install because of "AHCI" and "RAID" complications.: I'm trying to Clean-Install Windows 11 onto my laptop. Apparently, there's some obstacle that prevents certain laptops--like this Dell Latitude 7430--from Clean-Installing, something to do with "AHCI" and "RAID" modes in the BIOS. According to this thread on the Dell forum,...
  8. Dell Latitude. Can't Clean-Install because of "AHCI" and "RAID" complications.

Dell Latitude. Can't Clean-Install because of "AHCI" and "RAID" complications.: I'm trying to Clean-Install Windows 11 onto my laptop. Apparently, there's some obstacle that prevents certain laptops--like this Dell Latitude 7430--from Clean-Installing, something to do with "AHCI" and "RAID" modes in the BIOS. According to this thread on the Dell forum,...
  9. Windows won't recognize my RAID.

Windows won't recognize my RAID.: TLDR: RAID isn't recognized with VMD off. Can't boot with VMD on because Windows can't access the boot drive. SFC Scannow didn't help and I can't install Intel RST as my system "Isn't compatible." TIAHardware:CPU: i9-14900KMoBo: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master X ver 1.1 Latest...
  10. What is a RAID volume? And when does it save your soul?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What is a RAID volume? And when does it save your soul?: I am curious what that is. I am not facing a problem, I am just curious what it is and how do you go about it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-a-raid-volume-and-when-does-it-save-your/277e10e6-8dfd-4876-8885-f46f8d378f15

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 raid 0